Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
+3
Ghani
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Dont mess with Salman!
By Webmaster, 22 May, 2010

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A powerful star like Salman Khan is not someone the industry likes to trifle with. A producer, who wanted to chronicle the dark side of the star’s life in his film, found this out the hard way.
A month ago, producer Ranjit Sharma announced a film Qaidi No 210, which would show Salman’s days in jail for the chinkara hunting case. Chirag Patil, the son of cricketer Sandeep Patil, was to play Salman.

Of course, when Salman heard about this, naturally he made discreet enquiries about the film. And not surprisingly, the film has run into trouble and is unlikely to ever be made because the star enjoys the industry’s goodwill.

The lead actor Chirag and director Vicky Ranaut have walked out of the film. We also hear that Ranjit Sharma is untraceable. A source says, “He is in Jodhpur but his phone has been switched off.”

Chirag admits, “I don’t think that I’ll do this film. Sharma has been out of touch. The director Vicky Ranaut also didn’t convey any concrete plans about the project. I am only starting my career. I don’t want to start off by hurting anybody or doing anything stupid. I am happy with my two films Dev Anand’s Charge Sheet and Smita Thackeray’s Raada Rocks.”

Chirag also confessed that his father had told him to be careful before going ahead with this film. He says, “He did caution me. We’re close friends with Salman’s family.”

Director Ranaut also says that the main reason he left was that the film was portraying an uncomfortable slice of Salman’s life. “You know, Sharma was not even telling me the story. When I consented to do the film, he didn’t even tell me that he had Salman’s story in mind. Finally, I told him that I am not interested.”

The producer decided to go ahead with another director. Ranaut adds, “I think he has approached another director, Satyajit (child artiste in Shakti Samanta’s Anuraag, Punit Issar’s brother-in-law). And then I think that Salman asked Satyajit, ‘Who is this Ranjit Sharma who is gaining mileage using my name?’”

The latest is that Satyajit too is not doing the film. He was extremely frank and forthcoming, “I am certainly not doing Ranjit Sharma’s film on Salman Khan. Sharma is a fraud. I don’t trust him.”

When asked if Salman had asked him to not go ahead, Satyajit did not deny that the star had contacted him before he quit the film. “Salman sent me a text saying that I should meet him before taking a decision. Apparently, he didn’t like the idea of me doing this film. I quit soon thereafter. So, we didn’t reach a stage where my meeting with the star happened.”

Salman can breathe easy as the industry isn’t too keen to rake up his past.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:15 am

Saran to direct Salman?
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 26, 2010]

Salman Khan's admiration for south is getting bigger, so to say. After working with Prabhu Deva in 'Wanted', the top Bollywood actor is now getting ready to act in a movie directed by popular Tamil filmmaker Saran, we learn.

If sources are to be believed, Saran, who is waiting to make it big after the average show of his last venture 'Aasal' in the box office, has decided to try his hands in Hindi.

He recently narrated a storyline to Salman which impressed the actor a lot, it is said. "The movie will be produced by a top Bollywood production house on a huge budget."

Revealing more, sources said Kareena Kapoor has been approached to play the female lead in this film which would go on floors very soon. "Saran is planning to make the movie in Tamil too after it was released in Hindi," sources added.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:15 am

It's time for Salman Khan paratha!
Mumbai, May 26 : You've had aaloo parathas forever ... now's the time for a Sallu paratha!

Yes ... on his most recent visit to the sets of Zee TV's DID L'il Masters, superstar Salman Khan had a big surprise in store for him. And BIG it was, indeed!

He was totally flabbergasted to see a super-sized Aloo paratha of over 5 feet in diameter being wheeled on to the stage.

Aware that aaloo parathas feature amongst the superstar's most favorite dishes, the crew of the show decided to present their guest of honor with a giant aaloo paratha. Kicked on seeing the jumbo paratha specially made for him, Salman didn't think twice before running up on stage to begin gorging on it at once.

It looked like the 3 headmasters for the day - Farah, Sandip and Salman were keen to outdo each other in a race for "Who eats the largest chunk of the giant Aaaloo Paratha?"

Sinking his teeth into the scrumptious paratha, Salman also began feeding the cute L'il Masters on stage!

The audience was not about to be left behind in the eating race. Seeing several members from amongst the studio audience leaping out of their chairs and running towards him, Salman Bhai ripped apart huge chunks of the paratha and gave it out to the boisterous crowd.

The joy on the faces of his fans, who were dying to have a slice of the same paratha that their darling Salman bhai had gorged on, was to be seen to be believed!

That's the magic of a Sallu Paratha, what say?

Meanwhile, talking of the Bollywood hot-bod, when Sallu bhai decides to have some fun, he knows how to get the whole world rocking with him!

For those of you who've experienced Salman Khan's antics in the previous seasons of Dance India Dance and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, there's even more dhamaal and masti coming your way with Salman's latest visit on the sets of DID L'il Masters!

The superstar had the cast and crew holding on to their breath with all the screaming and cheering as he made a grand entry, dancing atop a hydraulic press.

With best buddy Farah Khan around, Salman's wild and wacky streak simply hit the roof! Having draped the show's coveted "golden super wings" around his neck like Superman, Salman sent the audience into guffaws and giggles as he rode a tricycle all over the stage.

Given Salman's child-like, carefree spirit, the actor was happy to be introduced to the audience as the "17th kid on the show". What kicked Salman the most were the power-packed dance acts presented by the talented kids who cutely tried aping his signature steps. Not about to let the roaring studio audience down, Salman dazzled the crowd with his trademark "towel dance" and 'poongi bajana..'.

With the superstar going up on stage multiple times and matching the kids step for step, the kids hanging from Salman's biceps, cheekily asking him questions about his latest girlfriend, the sheer chemistry and camaraderie between the 3 judges - Salman, Farah and Sandip Soparrkar, this episode of DID L'il masters will be a memorable one for all Salman Khan fans and dance enthusiasts across the country!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Salman the big bro!

Divya Kaushik, TNN, May 26, 2010, 12.00am IST

Many Bollywood biggies will be here to attend Tourism Minister Bina Kak’s daughter Amrita’s wedding on the 29th of this month. While Katrina Kaif reached here yesterday, three days before the wedding, to be part of the haldi, mehendi and sangeet ceremonies, besides other rituals, Salman Khan will be reaching Jaipur tomorrow, on the day of the sangeet.

“He would have come here earlier but he had to be in Dubai for a programme in connection with his charity foundation, so he won’t be able to reach Jaipur before the 28th. He will rock the sangeet which will continue into the wee hours. We will have Salman and Katrina singing and dancing with us, while celebrating the occasion,” told a source close to the family.

And on the day of the wedding the actor will be performing all the duties and rituals as the bride’s brother, along with Bina’s son, Ankur. “From receiving the baraat at the gate to being there at the pheras and jai mala, Salman will be doing all the duties of a brother, along with Ankur,” adds the source.

Actor Sagarika Ghatge, Amrita’s school friend, who is already here to help the bride-to-be with the preparations says, “I have been waiting for this day for long and I didn’t want to miss any part of the wedding. Amrita and I studied together at Mayo School in Ajmer and are great buddies. We used to discuss all the preparations of her wedding over the phone and now I am here to be a part of the celebrations. And I am really excited. It’s simply fantastic to be here and be a part of the preparations as well,” chirps Ghatge.

The other guests from Bollywood who have confirmed their presence at the wedding are members of Salman’s family – Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan and Atul Agnihotri, apart from David Dhawan, Sajid Nadiadwala besides Salman’s sister Alvira. Politicians like Farooq Abdullah and Sachin Pilot are also expected to attend the wedding.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:55 am

Sajid de-boards Salman’s private flight
Subhash K Jha, TNN, May 30, 2010, 06.33pm IST

Sajid Nadiadwala

A chartered flight carrying Salman Khan’s friends and family including Arbaaz, Sohail, David Dhawan to Dubai on Thursday for his ‘Being Human’ concert had to be delayed by almost an hour when Sajid Nadiadwala suddenly took ill.

Apparently there was alarm and panic on-board. A doctor had to be rushed to the flight On examining him the doctor announced that Sajid was not fit to travel and was advised to de-board.

Salman’s flight had to leave without Sajid. News of the Housefull producer’s sudden illness spread like wildfire in the industry. After repeated attempts to contact him Sajid finally answered the phone on Friday afternoon.

Sounding pale and weak the producer said, “It was a condition I had been trying to suppress for some time now with antibiotics. Apparently the antibiotics turned hostile on me, and I didn’t even know it. On Thursday when I was ready to take off for Dubai with Salman I suddenly had an acute pain in my stomach.I just couldn’t bear it.”

The doctor got him off the flight and suggested a series of complicated tests.Says Sajid, “Apparently my white blood-cell count has shot up at an alarming rate. That needs to be checked immediately. Now I’m completely house-bound and bed-ridden for some time.”
Has this suddenly withdrawal from Salman’s entourage miffed the star?

“Not at all!” protest Sajid. “In fact he was the most concerned and persuaded me to stay back.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:16 am

Mid-air musical chairs

Hindustan Times
New Delhi, June 05, 2010

Rapchik Rajni is announcing that Sohail Khan was playing musical chairs on the flight to Colombo the other night, while heading there with brother Salman Khan, and others.
Seems Sonakshi Sinha, who’s making her debut opposite Sallu in Dabaang, was given a seat in the economy class. So some time after take-off, Sohail offered his business class seat to her, in exchange for her’s. Naturally, she was pleased with the chivalrous offer and agreed immediately.

When Arjun, son of Boney Kapoor learnt about it, he went to Sohail to offer him his seat in the business class… and is believed to have asserted that he’d sit in the economy, adds Rajni.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 am

Salman’s heart of gold!
Bollywood actor Salman Khan may have crossed 40 and is known to have stiff legs but he is as active as a 20 year-old and has no qualms shaking his body as long as it entertains the public. The man with a heart of gold and his Being Human Foundation will be the ‘Ambassador for Change’ for the IIFA Charity Initiative. “Why else would I go to perform at the IIFA? I’m not too crazy about this award – although Andre Timmins (Director of Wizcraft) is my friend. I’m there with IIFA and Being Human,” Salman was quoted as saying.

The film festival also saw actors like Boman Irani, Riteish Deshmukh and Lara Dutta perform on the stage. “I am happy to be the Ambassador for change and believe that it is crucial to make a difference and contribute to this worthy cause,” said Salman Khan.The 44 year-old actor, who runs the Being Human charity foundation, said he supported IIFA’s initiative to build bridges with the Lankan people.

To raise money for the charity, a cricket match was organised between Indian celebrities and Sri Lankan cricketers. Money from the event will be used to rehabilitate former child soldiers who fought in decades’ long civil war in the island nation.

As a symbol of solidarity with the people of Sri Lanka, IIFA, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, will adopt and rebuild a village housing refugees with the proceeds of the cricket match being donated for this cause.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:18 am

Salman Khan at IIFA cricket match
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 (EST)

Salman Khan was one of the major attractions of the IIFA celebrity cricket match played between Bollywood celebrities and Sri Lanka cricket team at the SSC grounds in Colombo on June 4.

Salman Khan was one of the major attractions of the IIFA celebrity cricket match played between Bollywood celebrities and Sri Lanka cricket team at the SSC grounds in Colombo on

June 05, 2010, (Sawf News) - Salman Khan was one of the major attractions of the IIFA celebrity cricket match played between Bollywood celebrities and Sri Lanka cricket team at the SSC grounds in Colombo on June 4.

Dressed in light blue Being Human dress shirt with white collar, dark blue jeans and aviators, Salman Khan arrived towards the end of the match and took a round of the field to cheer his fans in the audience

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 am

Salman Khan, stern and stylish, strides the ramp
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 (EST)
Salman Khan rocked his Dabaang look at the IIFA Fashion Rocks extravaganza on June 3 at Colombo, Sri Lanka.

June 04, 2010, (Sawf News) - Salman Khan rocked his Dabaang look at the IIFA Fashion Rocks extravaganza on June 3 at Colombo, Sri Lanka.

Supporting a fake mustache Salman Khan looked splendid in coffee half sleeve shirt with up-turned sleeve hem, matching slim dress pants, dark aviator glasses, a chunky designer watch in his left arm and his signature silver link bracelet in his right arm.

He introduced his Dabaang co-star Sonakshi Sinha who walked the ramp with him dressed in a Vikram Phadnis bright multi colored ethnic lehenga choli.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 am

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 am

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

Stars back Salman as IIFA's next brand ambassador
Lada Guruden Singh & Garima Kumar
Colombo, June 7, 2010

Salman Khan should be the next brand ambassador of International Indian Film Academy (IIFA), many Bollywood stars felt as the actor stole limelight at its awards function in Colombo on Sunday.

So is Salman going to fight it out with Amitabh Bachchan to be the IIFA's next face?

Click here for event pictures
Following Tamils' protest, Big B had decided to skip the IIFA 2010 function after which Salman was made the ambassador of change this year.

Such was Salman's charisma and charm in Colombo that most of Bollywood now feels that he must rule IIFA officially as well. The post rests with Big B for now.

Whatever be the reason, in Big B's absence most of the Bollywood stars feel that it is time for change and that Salman is ready to take over the mantle.

Not just that, right before the big award night, one performance that all stars were looking forward to was that of Salman's. Clearly, he ruled not just many but most hearts in Colombo.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Govinda and Salman's partnership continues
Monday, 07 June , 2010, 13:57

Salman Khan and Govinda, who made a hit pair in the film Partner, were back as partners at the IIFA Awards in Colombo on Saturday. So while they performed together, Anil Kapoor too joined the fun this time.

Salman started his performance with the song Love me, love me from Wanted, but soon he was joined by Govinda on stage as the song Do you want a partnerwas cued.

The actors enthralled the audience with their antics and just then Anil, who usually doesn't perform at award nights, entered the stage with the song No entry.

Dressed in formal suits, the trio took centrestage and left the audience wanting for more.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Salman-Bipasha end cold war
June 10, 2010 12:31:05 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

Salman Khan and Bipasha Basu have finally ended their five year old cold war. According to our sources, it was Bipasha who made the first step towards ending this frozen chemistry and the two have now warmed up for each other after many years.

It's learnt that Bipasha walked into Salman's hotel room recently during the IIFA event where Salman was partying with his friends. Initially, Salman did not like Bips presence, but later the two spoke to each other and since then the cold war between the two has finally been laid to rest.

Salman's cold war with Bipasha started after he had a fall-out with John Abraham during one of the world tours. It must be mentioned that Salman and John are still not on talking terms. Hope Bips changes that too.

Back to top Go down
Ghani

Ghani

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:57 am

Sallu the Great
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Imran's screening for Salman

Salman Khan is back in Mumbai now and has been catching up on some television and films.
And that is when he saw the promo of I Hate Luv Storys and got quite excited about it.

Salman now wants to watch the film.

When lead actor Imran Khan got to know of this he immediately promised the star a special show.

"I'm back in town on the 17th, I'll arrange a screening for you!" says Imran.

He is currently shooting for Break Ke Baad with Deepika Padukone in Mauritius.

While Salman was Sonam Kapoor's first hero in Saawariya, he is also close to Imran Khan considering the young actor is Aamir Khan's nephew.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Tech that, says Salman

The actor buys 25 computers for kids residing in an NGO in Bandra on hearing that they were keen to learn computers but did not have adequate facilities

Prithwish Ganguly

Salman Khan has always come forward to help needy people. Now, the latest in his series of philanthropic deeds sees the actor donating 25 computers to the Saint Catherine's Home in Bandra. The institution helps the cause of young children by providing them with free education and shelter. Salman, through his Being Human Foundation, tries to reach out to as many children as possible across India and this Home definitely figures in his scheme of things.

One of his close friends says, "Salman makes it a point to visit Saint Catherine's Home twice a month. He interacts and plays with the children. On one of his visits he learnt that the children were keen to learn computers but the institution didn't have enough of them for everyone to work on."

On enquiring with a staff member at the institution Salman found out that there was an urgent requirement to install at least 25 computers. His friend adds, "Salman immediately shelled out money from his own pocket to buy computers for the home. He accompanied his staff to the store to buy the computers. His staff delivered them to the home immediately. Now, the home is equipped with the best machines available in the market."
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Look who’s back with Salman

Look who’s back with Salman

Salman Khan and his current muse Zarine Khan were very much a twosome at Aamir Khan’s Saturday night party

Seems like Salman and Zarine Khan are an item again. Agreed, that he didn’t get along with her in the initial stages of the making of Veer but the tables have turned now. Though Bruna and Claudia are closed chapters for sure, Zarine is back in his life.

On Saturday night, at Aamir Khan’s residential party, thrown for Academy Award-winning Argentinian music composer Gustavo Santaolalla, who is working on the musical score for Kiran Rao’s directorial debut Dhobi Ghat, Salman and Zarine walked in together at 12.28 am.

A source tells us, “Heads turned when Zarine and Salman walked in together. And soon enough, there were hushed whispers doing the rounds at the party. Zarine was lugging on to Salman sleeve throughout the party. Though he spent most of his time talking to Aamir, he didn’t mind her presence at all.” With an appendage that looks like her, why would he?

The relationship is symbiotic it seems. Not too long ago, Zarine Khan had reportedly made it very clear that she owes a lot to Salman and that she calls him her mentor. She had said, “I am here because of Salman Khan. He is my mentor who discovered me and gave me my first Bollywood break. He has always been very supportive and I owe a lot to him.”

Guess it’s payback time in that case. Salman has been quietly promoting Zarine to a lot of filmmakers. And thanks to him Zarine basked in the limelight at a recent awards function held in Sri Lanka. Our source says, “Zarine opened the function with her performance. Later, she joined Salman on stage as well.”

Back to top Go down
sutapa

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 am

I think the news regarding salman & zarine should be put up in ''rumors'' category as this is not a conformed news if they are dating each other..
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 am

sutapa wrote:
I think the news regarding salman & zarine should be put up in ''rumors'' category as this is not a conformed news if they are dating each other..

Buddy, there is no mention of dere DATING THing, just mention of dere going together....
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:26 am

Salman Khan to sponsor 500 cataract ops
Nadira GUNATILLEKE

World famous Bollywood actor Salman Khan has agreed to sponsor 500 cataract operations for needy Sri Lankan patients using his private funds, a Health Ministry spokesman said.

According to the spokesman, Khan has held discussions with Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena in this regard.

Five medical professionals will arrive within the next few days with medical equipment and lenses to perform these cataract operations.

The 500 needy patients had been selected from the North and Eastern Provinces including IDPs. Khan will also provide lenses to patients who cannot afford them.

There is a large number of needy eye patients in Sri Lanka who had been recommended for cataract surgeries. Mosts are unable to buy required lenses due to financial difficulties.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

Salman Khan to romance Kangana Ranaut
By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 24th July 2010

Finally, the ‘Gangster’ gal Kangana Ranaut has bagged a role opposite Salman Khan. Salman himself suggested Kangana’s name for his maiden production to be directed by Mahesh Manjrekar. The actress has delivered some stupendous performance like ‘Woh Lamhe’, ‘Gangster’, ‘Fashion’, ‘Life In A Metro’ in her career. On looking at her bold act and glamorous looks, Salman Khan chooses Kangana over Katrina Kaif or Zarine Khan.

Talking about Salman casting Kangna, the source said, “Salman and Manjrekar wanted someone who could emote very strongly and look glamorous too.” Director Mahesh Manjrekar however confirmed the news but he did not divulge further details about the film as it is still in the embryonic stage. Revealing about the film, he said, “The film will have a lot of elements. It will be a hard-hitting film with its fair share of comedy”.
The film is said to be a remake of his recent Marathi film, Shikshanacha Aaicha Gho. Few days ago, Kangana has signed Sanjay Dutt’s production ‘Rascals’ also.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:16 am

The Other Side Of Salman
Last Updated: 2010-07-24T10:17:17+05:30

Salman Khan is just like the ‘Wanted’ star, who can smash and hit anyone spoiling his privacy and peace. In the past he had once smashed a cameraman who was trying to get a few pictures of the star. Quite contradictory to all this, this time Salman Khan has shown his other side and proved that he can be a really nice man.

‘Dabangg’ is the upcoming release of Salman Khan and since the shooting just got recently over, the crew had a party bash at a restaurant in Mumbai. When the media people came to know that Sallu bhai is out there partying in a restaurant, they rushed to the place to capture a few glimpses of the star.

But, when Salman Khan came to know about it, he immediately made it clear that he doesn’t want any media gatherings. The surprise came out when just to cheer up the media people, he invited all of them to the party and offered them food and drinks.

Not only that, the best part came when Salman handed director Abhinay Kashyap a camera and asked him to click pictures with the media people there.
A thrilled cameraman quoted, “Instead of us clicking pictures of Salman bhai, he clicked pictures with us all. We went there to cover the party but ended up partying. We saw a complete different side of the actor at the party.”

Khan is presently shooting for his another upcoming movie, ‘Ready’. After ‘Wanted’ Salman hasn’t given any hits so far, so a lot is expected from him.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Salman Khan invited for humanitarian efforts, says President
| DATE: 2010-07-25 | PRINT |

MALE, July 25, 2010 (HNS) – President Mohamed Nasheed Saturday said visiting Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was invited to Maldives not only for his fame but also his humanitarian efforts.

Speaking at the inaugural function of the India-Maldives Friendship Festival 2010 at Dharubaaruge, the President noted that Khan has extended his philanthropic works in India to Maldives and thanked him for accepting the invitation to visit Maldives.

“We invited Salman Khan or wanted to bring him not because of his talent but after considering his humanitarian efforts. I thank him for providing his charity works to the Maldivian people,” he said.

President Nasheed further highlighted the close friendship between Maldives and India.

India’s GMR Infrastructure that won the Male International Airport bid for 25 years sponsored Khan’s visit.

At the function, GMR announced 10 scholarships to Maldivian students. The company revealed that the annual higher education scholarship scheme would run for the next four years covering all costs.

Khan visited the Medical Assistance Programme at the Children’s House in Villimale and donated blood at Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH) earlier on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 am

Sangeeta Bijlani in touch with Salman Khan?
A friend in need

By ApunKaChoice
Mon, Jul 26, 2010 10:05:55 GMT

Former actress Sangeeta Bijlani has shot to newspaper headlines overnight after walking out of her 14-year-long marriage with former cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin because of his alleged affair with the 26-year-old badminton star Jwala Gutta.

With Azhar all but out of her life, Sangeeta is learned to be finding solace with her ex beau Salman Khan and his family.

It’s no secret that Sangeeta has been in touch with the Khan family over the years despite her bitter break-up with Salman before she married Azhar. Sangeeta bonds well with Salman’s two sisters and his parents Salim Khan and Salma. In fact, Sangeeta was also spotted at Salman’s birthday party in December last year at the actor’s Panvel farm house.

And in this phase of crisis when Sangeeta’s marriage is on the rocks, there’s every chance of her turning to the Khans for succour and emotional support.

For when friends need them, the Khans are always there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next