Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Fed Cup starring Salman
- Actor’s presence as AIFF ambassador confirmed
A STAFF REPORTER

Salman Khan. (Reuters)
Guwahati, Sept. 10: For soccer lovers of Assam, the eautiful game” could not have been more glamorous.

Bollywood hunk Salman Khan will be in the city when it hosts the final of the elite Federation Cup — one of most prestigious football tournaments of the country — in December.

Salman’s scheduled presence was confirmed by Assam Football Association secretary Ankur Dutta who told The Telegraph today: “The filmstar has become the All India Football Federation’s brand ambassador. And he will definitely be present during the Federation Cup final which happens to be one of the most elite events of the AIFF.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The actor’s presence will be a big boost to the game which, despite its popularity in this part of the country, fails to attract crowds to the tournaments; even one of the stature of Bordoloi Trophy is played virtually to empty stands.

Altogether 16 teams, including I-League teams like East Bengal, Churchill Brothers, Mohun Bagan, Dempo, Vasco SC and Mahindra United will take the field during the tournament which is going to be hosted by Assam after a gap of over 30 years.

Incidentally, Salman’s presence had ensured a capacity crowd at the Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi last week during the final of the Nehru Cup.

The AFA expects the same in the Federation Cup final, tentatively slated for December 30 or 31. The fixture is yet to be finalised.

“Be it Fed Cup or any club football tournament, I’ll make it a point to be among the crowd in the final as Salman Khan will be there. I’ll try for an autograph. I’ve seen all his films but never seen him off-screen,” said 13-year-old Ankita Bora of Jorhat, who is a die-hard fan of the star, but not really interested in football.

“It is not only Salman Khan who is going to be the crowd-puller. The participating teams are themselves stars in their own rights with almost all the giant footballers of the country, including the mercurial Bhaichung Bhutia, in their ranks. The star’s presence will be the icing on the cake,” Dutta said.

“This is an opportunity for us to watch all the football icons of the nation on the same turf. I’ll not miss a single match of the tournament,” Ranjan Basumatary, a young footballer of the city, said.

“We were first awarded the Santosh Trophy tournament in the executive council meeting in New Delhi recently. However, we insisted on the Fed Cup because it has glamour. All the teams are elite outfits of the nation,” the AFA secretary, who is also an AIFF vice-president and the chairman of the Federation Cup committee, added.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ghani

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:10 am

Salman Khan walks the ramp in Men's fashion show

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks Ghani Bhai !
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Salman Khan concludes VHMFW in style!
India's evergreen heartthrob and Bollywood superstar Salman Khan gave the climax shot for India's first ever fashion fiesta for men - Van Huesen Men's Fashion Week.

The Bollywood hunk left the audience (read women) breathless as he walked down the ramp in his high style and attitude for the grand finale show of fashion designer Ashish Soni and designer duo Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna.

Salman's charity 'Being Human' was one of the sponsors of the event and from the beginning there were strong speculations that Sallu bhai will grace the event.

And as we know, Salman- the man of words- did walk the ramp despite flu and that too, surprisingly on time. The grand finale was divided into two parts; Ashish Soni showcased his collection 'On the Run' in the first part, which was inspired by the film Don.

Pulsating music and dialogues from the movie Don brought forth 70's charm and style. Ashish experimented with Don's stylish look and giving a tint of colour on collars and shoes. Then it was the turn of designer duo Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna, the style gurus decided to go eco-friendly and presented soothing collection 'Hypernature'.

Bollywood smasher Salman Khan walked the ramp for both the parts wearing a suit, one had 'Being Human' written on the collar and second suit had the label on the back of his blazer.

Source :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Sneezing Salman fulfills his commitment!
_

Style icon Salman Khan who concluded India's first ever men's fashion week left women in a tizzy. But not many know that he was quite unwell.

Sallu bhai was hit by common flu (not swine!) and was constantly sneezing, due to which media couldn't get interviews and had to back off. He wasn't even taking his phone calls, which was ringing non-stop.

Despite his ill health, he managed to win the hearts as he walked the ramp, in true-blue Sallu style.

What's commendable is that Salman had made a commitment to appear for the grand finale and despite being down and out he held his end of the bargain.

Sallu bhai tussi great ho!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Aishwarya is Salman's 'biggest fan'
It's not the Ash you're thinking about ... She's a Delhi teen who almost fainted when Sallu walked the ramp at India Mens Week

Maybe it's got to do with the fact that this is New Delhi, that you won't find Saif Ali Khan roam at Khan Market the way he does at Pali Naka.

So, when 17-year-old Aishwarya Singh (life is all about coincidences) saw Salman Khan from a foot away, as he walked the ramp for the grand finale of India Mens Week in Delhi last night, she was minutes away from fainting.

Speechless

The standard 12 student of Vasant Valley School was there with friends Yujir Kapoor and Tamira Sethi. "What can I say! It's a dream come true.

I've watched every film of his. But the Barjatya ones and Jaaneman and Yuvraaj are the best," she said.

Out of breath, she sat through Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya to watch Salman, who drops by for a 10-minute cameo.

Second to none

"Ranbir is not even half as good." And there's no chance that you'll see her stand nervously in a packed audience if Shah Rukh Khan walked the ramp.

It's just not his on screen, larger-than-life persona that sends her in a tizzy. "I love everything about him. He's a passionate person, and that reflects in his love for dogs, kids and old people.

He's genuine," added the teenager. But when she finally managed to meet him backstage after making a dash, she admits, words didn't quite match up. All she blurted was, "I'm your biggest fan."

To that Salman said, "Oh. Wow!"

Back to top Go down
Ghani

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Salman Khan On 'Entertainment Ke Liye Aur Bhi Kuch Karega'

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Just being Myself...

Mumbai: Salman's humane side was till recently known to only a few. But now, thanks to his television show and also perhaps a change in attitude, the world is getting a taste of it. Tell him about it and he says in his typical nonchalant manner, "I don't agree with you. People have always loved me..."

Salman Khan walked the ramp at the India Mens Week in New Delhi...
Tell him there is a definite change in the perception and he concedes, "Yes, there was a lot of misunderstanding. But this has always been my personality. Don't tell me I have changed, because I haven't," he emphasises.

But Salman can't resist taking a dig. "I connect with people because I know they don't have an agenda, like a few press people do. There is love, because they see someone who is normal. I am not doing anything extraordinary, but when compared to other stars, who find it such a task to even smile at their fans, it seems like I am doing something great. If I am wrong I will say sorry and if I am happy, I will say thanks. These are the basic things that most of my colleagues don't do."

Is he referring to stars being politically correct? "They may be right, probably one needs to maintain an image and I may be totally wrong. But I will always remain politically incorrect. Image is not above everything for me. When I was in my teens this is how people knew me. Then I suddenly acquired this angry man image. I was always the same person, hitting out at stuff that I wasn't comfortable about...but only those angry moments were highlighted and I got this monster's image...."

Salman admits he's irritated with the one-sided portrayal. "They highlighted the bad stuff. But tell me, how have I been bad? Have I raped someone, or kisi ke saath badtameezi ki hai? Two things can be held against me -- the accident case and the hunting case. Let the court decide who was right and who wasn't. I was not offering my side of the story thinking its sub-judice, but now I see the whole world talks about even sub-judice matters."

Tell him his good pal Govinda thinks friends take advantage of him, and he agrees. "Yeah, they do. A lot of people come home, drink and praise me thinking all the time what they can get out of me. I know these are not my friends, sooner you know better it is. I am very sharp in that. I can see through people and relationships. (Winking) haven't I shown that earlier? Even when I sense it I keep quiet, but if it goes on and on, then suddenly I shut myself off. I see to it that they are not part of my world any longer."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Sum them up

Shashi Priya

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 0404 hrs IST

Seven-year-old twins from the city wow Farah Khan, Anu Malik and Salman Khan on Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega with their mathematical genius and also win an invite to Salman’s Dus ka Dum

Even though Ashwini Garg is a mechanical engineer, his numerically-inclined mind accepts defeat when his seven-year-old sons confront him while doing sums. Maths classes with dad Ashwani since last couple of years have been more of sons coaching their dad in Mathematics. And the proud father accepts it with much delight. For, when his seven-year-old twins Ankit and Ritik Garg won accolades at the television show Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega, dad Ashwani accepted his defeat with pride. “What can be more gratifying than seeing your young ones do even better than you in life,” says Ashwani, who works as a mechanical engineer with Tata Motors.

The two tiny tots had not just the audience but also the judges Farah Khan and Anu Malik biting their nails in anticipation and what followed next was pure genius of these two primary school kids. "48 + 97+109+67-95 =" and pat comes the reply "221". With a difference of just a fraction of a second, Ritik’s answer to the first sum amazed spectators. “In fact, Farah Khan had to double check to believe. She thought they had memorised the sums and that is how they know the answers. But then numbers were given to them randomly and they still came up with the right answer,” shares Ritu Garg, mother of the twins.

Farah Khan rejected the idea of asking sums from their practice book of Universal Concept Memory Advance System (UCMAS), the institute where the twins have been imparted the training of mental calculation. “The students at UCMAS are given practice books with different sums but this does not mean they are confined to just those sums. It is not about memorising it. It is a technique that has to be mastered. The technique of mentally counting the beats while doing sums,” explains Ajay Bhardwaj, director, UCMAS Pune.

While on Farah’s request Salman, who came for the latter half of the show, after Ritik and Ankit’s performance asked them to demonstrate their skill again, Anu Malik gave them a standing ovation. “Salman Khan is our hero; we have seen him on TV but on the show he was there in front of our eyes and we were completely thrilled,” say the twins in unison. Impressed with their genius, Salman has invited the two to his show Dus Ka Dum. “Salman said he would like to see the two in his show Dus Ka Dum,” says Ritu.

Both Ritik and Ankit have won the regional and national competition for abacus calculations and in November, the two will be in Malaysia to participate in the international mental arithmetic competition. “The twins started the course nearly 30 months ago, when they were in kindergarten and now they are better than any Std VIII or IX grade student in arithmetic,” says Bhardwaj.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:21 pm

The grand finale of the Van Heusen India Mens Week (VHIMW), was high on glamour as it concluded the three-day men's fashion event in Delhi on Sunday.
Mad about Salman
Bollywood actor Salman Khan wooed women with his charming smile as he strode the ramp at the finale on Sunday night. Looking confident, the actor walked with poise when designers Ashish Soni, Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna of label Cue showcased their collection.
All through his walk, the actor kept looking at the audience who were waving, whistling and yelling to get his attention. "Wow!" exclaimed a female fan when the actor walked in Soni's black suit.
Sitting in the front row, another young girl kept one hand on her heart and one on her mouth as she couldn't believe that her favourite actor was just a few inches away from her. "I just can't believe it. I am his biggest fan and trust me I am still shaking because the feeling of having him just a few inches away from me is giving me goose bumps," confessed Ishita Arora.
"There was a point when I thought that I would hug him on the ramp. I am sure no one would have stopped me. But I couldn't muster up enough courage," she added.
As the designers and the actor were taking a final bow on the ramp, Salman took off his coat filling the hall with cheers and whistles. But it was not just women, men too had joined them. Salman appeared to be loving the attention.

There were some men in the audience who were envious of the actor because of his well-maintained body. "He is so fit. How does he manage that? Look at him. Does he look like he is forty something," asked Vikram Nagpal, a model.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:23 am

Salman Khan launches gold coin range to aid his charitable organization
_

Mumbai, Sept 16 (ANI): Bollywood actor Salman Khan unveiled a range of gold coins to aid his charitable organisation.

Buzz up!
The range of 'Being Human' gold coins, named after Salman's organisation by the same name, have been specially designed and the proceeds of the sales of these coins will go towards supporting the under privileged children.

Every coin holds a personal message from the actor himself as token of gratitude towards the customers.

"We are doing to the utmost of our capacity, but we need to increase this capacity. There is only one way to increase that capacity, and it is, that you people should stand by me and help me in whatever I'm doing," said Salman.

Set up by Salman Khan, 'Being Human' organisation works for the cause of underprivileged children, focusing on the areas of education and healthcare.

The foundation is self-funded. To increase the reach and corpus of the foundation, Salman has undertaken many initiatives in the past like the 'Being Human' merchandise and 'Being Human' art. (ANI)

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 am

Salman Khan interacts with kids

Mumbai, Sep 15 : Popular actor Salman Khan today visited the childrens' Remand home at Dongri in South Mumbai and interacted with the Kids, who turned out to be ardent fans of the actor.

The children put up solo shows in front of their Hero much to the delight of Salman.

The actor freely mingled with the kids and got to know their attitude towards Bollywood stars.

Salman donated a few sacks of wheat flour and other goods to the Remand home, sources close to the actor told UNI.

The actor is promoting his latest film 'Wanted' all over the country and he had the Choreographer-turned director Prabhu Deva and actress Ayesha Takia for company at the remand home.

The film is produced by Boney Kapoor and the Sahara group.
--UNI

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 am

Salman Khan brings cheer to cancer patients on 'World Lymphoma Day'
_

Mumbai, Sep 15(ANI): Bollywood actor Salman Khan on Tuesday visited the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai to spend time with children suffering from cancer.

Khan, who was on his third visit to the hospital, lauded the spirit of the young cancer patients and asked media to highlight their plight on the occasion of 'World Lymphoma Day'.

E-mail Article
Printer Friendly
Text-Size

"Whenever I come here I see these children, despite being so weak and living with such a disease, there is always a smile on their faces. But, if the same thing happens to any one of us, then it will be flashed all over the media and becomes a big news," said Khan.

The actor also appealed to the rich to donate liberally to help out the cancer patients who cannot afford costly treatment.

"There are many people who cannot afford the expensive treatment involved to cure the disease. However, there are others who have plenty of money and they should open their locker and come forward and donate money for such a cause," said Khan.

Salman Khan has regularly been associated with a number of organisations supporting social causes. He will also be seen in 30 public-awareness short films produced to highlight public issues.hese films will have Khan addressing the public on social issues including drug abuse and care for the old. (ANI)

Back to top Go down
shahram

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Sallu shows up at a blood donation drive a doctor calls him SRK...
William Shakespeare may have immortalised the line, `What's in a name?' but Salman Khan was having none of that Shakespearean wisdom. The actor was at Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital at Parel yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon promoting his forthcoming film, Wanted.

First, Salman went into the children's ward, much to the delight of the cancer-afflicted children and mingled with them there. Then, the doctors, patients and the actor went into the hospital's auditorium. Here, doctors announced to the audience that the special guest was Salman Khan.

The first time the doc said the correct name, Salman Khan. The second time though, the actor was called Shah Rukh Khan, by the doc in a slip of the tongue. The audience started laughing at the mistake. Sallu took the mike and growled, "Achcha hai yeh doctor hai" (good he is a doctor) and then said, "Wait karo, Shahrukh Khan aa raha hai." (Wait Shahrukh Khan is coming).

Salman then went to the pathology department to donate blood. Our guess is that the docs would have to have had to wait a while, for his boiling blood to cool down, before he could make the donation.

:wetkissf:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shahram

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm

[Katrina says Salman is very lazy

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Only Katrina Kaif dares to make such daring comment against hot-headed Salman Khan. Other than Kat if someone else comments that Salman is very lazy than Sallu miya would have teach him or her a good lesson. Since the comment has been made by Kat, he took it easily. Salman Khan’s love Katrina Kaif not only thinks that Salman is a lazy guy but she also declared it to the whole world.

In reply to a question, Katrina shared this important insight on her twitter page about Salman, she writes, “No, Salman’s not on twitter. So you think he has the patience to update on a daily basis?? Naah, he’s quite lazy!!

Let’s wait and see how does Sallu Miya reacts to Katrina’s comment or he does feel lazy to react.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmandev

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 am

4 e.g lazy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkut.com
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Bad Boy Salman celebrates Rose Day with kids!

Bureau News September 20th, 2009

Bollywood’s most handsome Khan takes his time out to bring a spark in the lives of the less fortunate children. Recently, he was in Hinduja Hospital to celebrate Rose day with the little ones suffering from the most dreaded disease.

Children were very excited to meet their hero when they were informed about Sallu joining them soon at the function, for which they had to wait really long. Eventually when the most wanted star arrived, it was truly a moment of boundless joy for the kids. Salman interacted with the children and also danced with them on few of his own peppy numbers. Tiny tots could not contain their happiness and were hopping with Sallu baba to the beats of the songs. Sallu also met the other cancer patients in the ward.

Had anti-Salman junta witness those smiles that Sallu brought on the faces of the little angels; they would have forgiven him for all his sins.

-Deepa Mishra/ Sampurn Media

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Salman a changed man!

In 2009 Salman has actually been caught smiling on camera… all the time!

Always angry, forever fighting and being media unfriendly, that’s what Salman Khan’s image has been. Even in January this year he was so miffed with a journalist at Amrita Arora’s wedding that he left in a huff in an auto rickshaw! But, looks like, he’s finally consciously decided to turn over a new leaf. From April of this year we have noticed an all-new Salman.He has turned media-friendly, people-friendly and is doing everything possible for the underprivileged, especially children. We jot down SEVEN points that could change his image forever...

His love for children

Salman has always been done his bit for underprivileged and suffering children and when he is with them the genuineness of his emotions cannot be mistaken. When mum Salma said, “All Salman’s nephews and nieces dote on him and I believe he will make a great father,” we couldn’t agree more.
Only a few days back he carried sacks of grains for children at a remand home in Mumbai. Although critics say it’s just another technique to promote his forthcoming film Wanted, we feel, unlike many stars who remember the poor children only pre-release, Salman is always doing something or the other for them.

Dus Ka Dum

Salman has been 100 per cent successful in re-inventing his image through Dus Ka Dum. He’s gone on to prove that he is truly a people’s person by interacting with sweepers, fishermen and dubbawalahs in the same vein as he interacts with his friends from the industry – Sanjay Dutt, Rani Mukherji and Sunny Deol – on the same show.

Mamma’s boy

Everyone knows that Salman shares a special bond with mum Salma Khan but his fans went into a tizzy after seeing the beautiful mother-son relationship on the small screen in Farah Khan’s show Tere Mere Beach Mein. He even answered all the prying questions with a smile. Salman definitely won over the skeptics that day.

Ran election campaigns galore

If there was any star, who was active in election campaigns, it was Salman Khan. Although he left many baffled by campaigning for both the BJP and Congress candidates, the fact remains that he took the opportunity to interact with his fans and be at his smiling best.

Did hands- on charity

His Being Human charity is doing a world of good for his image. He’s probably the only B’wood star, who is devoting so much of time and effort for the underprivileged and making a concentrated effort to build a Being Human movement. The football match he organised for his charity on Indian Independence Day was a big hit too.

Always ready to support

The latest buzz in B’wood is that if anyone asks Salman for help he is unlikely to say no. That’s why he was the first person to support Naseer Khan, who is visually challenged but has made the film Shadow as the director-writer-hero.

Not to mention his sporadic acts of donation. For example: He gave Rs25,000 (Dhs1,950) to a beggar, when he discovered that he used to be the kite maker from whom Salman used to buy kites as a child.

Weighing the pros and cons

In 2009, Salman Khan has been controversy-free. He’s had no fights or unnecessary link-ups. Carrying sacks of grain for children was just the beginning. He outdid himself when he sat on the weighing scale to raise money for his charity – an organisation that donated silver biscuits equalling his weight.

Masala! feels...

Salman’s make-over is complete. From the grumpy, temperamental, introvert he was, he has now earned himself the adage of the man with a golden heart, who is always ready to help with a smile. Way to go, Sallu! We likey!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:23 pm

MMTC ropes in Salman, Lara for jewellery promotion

Press Trust of India / New Delhi September 21, 2009, 20:13 IST

State-owned MMTC, the country's largest importer of gold, has roped in Bollywood stars Lara Dutta and Salman Khan for promoting its 25th edition of gems and jewellery show opening here tomorrow.

While the show, exhibiting and selling the hallmarked gold and diamond jewellery would be inaugurated by Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma, the film stars would do their promotional act on Wednesday.

"Khan will launch gold coins manufactured by MMTC which will be marketed by Shuddi, its retailing joint venture with Gitanjali," company's Chief General Manager, Precious Metals, Preeti Kaur said.

Dutta, who is playing lead female role in film 'Blue' directed by Anthony D’Souza, was also involved in the Suddhi brand of diamond and gold jewellery launched this year.

The gems and jewellery industry, which has witnessed downturn in the global market, is hoping for reversal of fortunes in the domestic market in the ensuing festival season.

MMTC imports about 100 tonnes gold per annum into the country for resale to the jewellers.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Salman Khan will be in Kolkatta for Friendly Match

Will lead Kolkata's top teams on to the field for a friendly match, as part of Wanted promotions

Salman Khan will be in Kolkata for a friendly match to mingle with the top soccer teams of the city - East Bengal and Mohun Bagan.

It's part of the promotions of Salman-starrer Wanted, that released last week. Producer Boney Kapoor confirms, "Salman will be in Kolkata on September 26 for a friendly soccer match to be played between Kolkata's top teams. It will be called The Wanted Cup and Salman will lead the teams on to the field and will work out
with them."

This is also the first time Khan will be in Kolkata during Durga Puja - which is a huge festival there. He is looking forward to the experience. Boney adds, "Salman has a huge fan following in West Bengal. Though he's been there for shootings, this is the first time that he's going to promote a film there. The whole team of Wanted, including Prabhudheva (the film's director) and the cast members, will also be there to cheer the teams."

The match will be held at one of Kolkata's biggest sports stadiums - the Rabindra Sarobar Stadium.

Initially, the match was to be held in the Salt Lake Stadium but now it has been shifted to the RSS because of security reasons. Salman will be interacting with his fans and the media at the event. Khan had earlier been roped in as the brand ambassador of Indian football by the All India Football Federation to promote the game in the country.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Salman Khan to walk the ramp in support of Anand Jon

New Delhi, Sep 23 (PTI) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has decided to walk the ramp in support of NRI fashion designer Anand Jon who was sentenced to 59 years of imprisonment on rape and sexual assault charges by a US court recently.

Salman is expected to walk the ramp for the Anand's sister Sanjana Jon who will showcase her collection at the India Fashion Week in October here.

"Sanjana is a very dear friend and she has suffered a lot during his brother's trial. I have interacted with Anand and I never felt he was a bad guy.

Back to top Go down
salmandev

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:33 pm

not againnnnnnnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkut.com
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:13 am

MOST WANTED - WANTED 'S SEQUEL Coming Up Soon
Buoyed by the success of Salman Khan starrer action flick 'Wanted' at the box office, producer Boney Kapoor is now planning to make a sequel to the film with the Bollywood superstar.

“‘Wanted' is doing superb. And there could be a sequel to 'Wanted', which would be called 'Most Wanted'. One of the writers of the film came up with the idea, and we thought that since this is such a big hit, so why not encash on this property," Kapoor told PTI.

The film producer is also planning a sequel to the 2005 hit 'No Entry', which will be called 'Be Positive: No Entry Part 2', with Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor and Fardeen Khan playing double roles.

Kapoor was all praise for Salman, saying 'Wanted' was a one-man show by the 43-year-old actor.

"He is one of the major reasons for the film to take such a start and the film is entirely on his shoulders. It's a one-man show. I think it is his lifetime's best performance. And he has carried every scene, every knock in the film very well," Kapoor, who is married to yesteryear's Bollywood diva Sridevi, said.

He claimed that the first week net collections for the movie would be about 40 crores.

The filmmaker said that he is now planning a grand party in the city to celebrate the film's dream run at the box-office.

Meanwhile, the producer, whose next film 'Milenge Milenge' starring former couple Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor
is ready for release, is also working on a sequel to the 1987-hit 'Mr India'.

When asked whether his wife and yesteryear's superstar Sridevi, who played the lead in the film opposite Anil Kapoor, will also be a part of the sequel, Kapoor replied in the affirmative.

"Obviously yes, it's her film as well," he said adding that for the lead characters, he would prefer to bring in some youngsters.

However, some of the principal characters in the film would be played by the older ones, he added.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:00 am

It's the new, improved Salman

Sanaya Chavda , TNN 26 September 2009, 12:00am IST

Over a decade ago, he caught audiences by surprise when he appeared shirtless for a song and instantly won over thousands of female fans with his chiselled good looks and buffed body.

The song Oh Oh Jaane Jaana went on to become a major hit and sparked off a fitness craze of sorts with every man attempting to achieve Salman Khan’s torso. Even years later, the requests for Salman to strip haven’t stopped. “I feel better off now than I did 20 years ago,” says the actor who admits not being regular with his gymming. “

Growing up everyone wants to achieve a macho body but cannot because of a high metabolic rate. I’m lucky to have good genes and being into football also helps,” he says. Salman does not follow any particular exercise regime and changes his routine according to the look he wants to achieve. “

There are times when I need to get fit for a film within a week’s time and accordingly I alter my workout and eat correctly. Currently, I’m in this shape for my upcoming film Veer. When I’m not training, I indulge in biryani and rajma.

But it’s very important to have a balanced diet when you’re working out, as most diets are only rich in protein and low on carbs and so you hardly have any energy to workout,” states the actor. He believes in paying attention to the lower half of the body more than the upper half since that’s the foundation. “

When you train legs, you build faster and it is much easier overall. Getting at least two weeks of leg training is important,” he adds. Quiz the actor on the best bods in the industry and Sanjay Dutt is top on his list. “Sanju has become really fitness concious and carries off his buffed body really well. Even Aamir Khan worked hard for his look in Ghajini.” The much-loved actor says that he is relaxed most of the time. “I’m not bothered that much by small things anymore. I try and remain calm and just forget the situation,” he says with a shrug.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:01 am

Salman Speaks....

TNN 26 September 2009, 12:00pm IST
Salman Khan, playing Guest Editor to BT, express himself freely on Bollywood and Hollywood and Television.....

On Parties

“I used to enjoy attending parties before, but now I make a conscious effort not to go out too often. It’s as though whenever I am out, there is someone out to get me. A controversy, a fight, it’s as though there was a different Salman Khan at that party or event. You can only take so much of it... so I stopped going out too often. If I do go out now, it’s mostly with the whole family. Or else I prefer to chill at home with family and close friends, or just paint.”

On Bollywood

Salman Khan has ruled the Bollywood roost for many years now. The actor has given many hits and continues to be among the most sought after stars in Bollywood. But does he ever worry about who’s hailed as No 1? “I think, I have gone beyond that whole number game. It has never bothered me and it never will. The ‘No 1’ tag changes every Friday, depending on what’s doing well at the box office. Woh to chalta hi rehta hai,” he says.

On Hollywood

Salman Khan admits to having grown up on a healthy dose of Hollywood films. Among his favourites he lists Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Clint Eastwood and James Dean. “I think Brad Pitt is the most talented of the current lot. And because he’s conventionally good looking, he’s had to work extra hard to prove that he’s also a good actor. All thanks to the general notion that good looking people are not very good actors,” he said.

On TV

Salman Khan surely is very happy with his decision to do Dus Ka Dum. In fact the second season of this show has proved to be a bigger hit than the first, something that’s never happened before. And now BT confirmed from the man himself that he is indeed doing the third season as well. “Yes, I am,” he smiled, when asked. He has some more plans for his stint on TV as well. “Someday I’d like to be associated with some show that can bring about a revolution. That can help common man stand up and fight for his rights. A revolution is the need of the hour.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: * Latest News *-
Jump to: