Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

• Veer • News/Info

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 am

First topic message reminder :

All the latest Updated News/info about the movie 'Veer" Will be featured in this section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 am

Salman Khan’s 20-year pent up dream! Will he succeed?

Salman Khan’s major debut ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ that hit the screen some 20 years back catapulted Salman to overnight fame & created a fan-frenzy that’s only growing stronger with each passing year. He can be righteously called the pioneer when it comes to body-building as the 40-plus star’s rippling muscles have been the inspiration behind many chiselled bodies of the current breed of actors.

He, recently, voiced an interesting revelation that his newest offering ‘Veer’ has surfaced after staying dormant in the inner depths of his mind for 20 years. The film is a period-piece and will show Salman as a warrior so menacing and powerful the likes of which spectators have never seen before. ‘Veer’ that hits theatres worldwide on January 22 is a film close to Sallu’s heart as the idea for this epic had germinated in his mind a long time back and now only after an elapse of 20 years, he gets to live his dream; he gets to sketch a character who is powerful, generous & just above par. For the role, Salman has worked harder on his physical appearance as the character demands a hugely-muscled man with a fearless attitude of a Herculean.
Salman, though has a monumental fan-following, still it’s an undeniable fact that he has dished out more flops than hits in his 2-decade long career. Plus, his acting credentials have never escalated to the heights that may match the prowess of the Aamirs and Shahrukhs. So, the success of this magnum opus is dubious. But time & destiny can only pronounce the eventual verdict.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ghani

Ghani

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:07 am

Salman Khan surely is the real life Veer!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Salman Khan has poured sweat and blood for the film Veer. He has written the film and has left no stone unturned for the film.

Not only that in true Aamir Khan style Salman insisted on re shooting a scene because he was not happy with it. Sources from the film?s unit claim that Salman has performed a life-threatening scene not once but twice for the sake of the film.

Salman plays role of a warrior from a tribe known as Pindharis, who gave tough fight to Britishers when other kings of India were bowing down to mighty British. A robbery scene required Salman to run on the top of a moving trai.

He did not use a stunt double nor was he afraid. This stunt was a dangerous one as one slip and he would have hit the ground and could have been pulled under the train with the speed it was moving in the scene was shot but Salman thought that another retake will enhance it.

Director Anil Sharma was happy with the scene but Salman insisted on re shooting it.

Sharma had to allow Salman to re shoot it. Salman shot the scene again. And in all this intensity Salman managed to keep spot on to his humor and while the train would pull in reverse without a care in the world. Salman we hear would lie down on the train until it was time for another take.

He has developed the fondness for perfection. May be this is the effect of Salman?s growing friendship with Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan.

Salman Khan surely is the real life Veer!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:39 am

Lagey raho Salman Khan

Mumbai: Trust Salman Khan to lend a helping hand to the needy. DNA found out that the large hearted actor recently helped out a couple of unemployed villagers by providing them with decent jobs. These men were desperate to feed themselves as well as their families and happened to come into contact with Salman.

Salman Khan decided against giving money to two desperate, hungry villagers -- he gave them jobs instead.

A friend of the actor reveals: "Salman arrived on the sets to shoot for his forthcoming film Veer when he spotted a couple of villagers who were trying to approach and talk to him. When he asked what the fuss was about, he was told that they desperately needed help as they were unemployed and hungry with families to feed. Salman was very disturbed after hearing their plight and immediately decided to speak to them. He told them that he would help them but offered to find them employment because he thought that they'd get offended if he simply offered them money."

So Salman came up with a wonderful idea. "He told them he was hiring them to act alongside junior artistes for few days and that they would be paid the same amount the others got. They did not have any dialogues in those scenes and were basically part of a group of soldiers. So overwhelmed were they by Salman's gesture that they started crying."

Eros International's Vijay Galani confirms: "They were paid between around Rs 1000 a day for their work, in keeping with the rates of the Junior Artistes Association. Salman also gave away footwear, saris and clothes for their families. It was a wonderful gesture that touched us all. Even in Rajasthan, where we were initially shooting, he helped many people with money, food and clothes."

DNA managed to speak to Salman about the episode and he said, "There is no bigger joy than seeing people who have a smile on their face. I always try to help the really needy and hate to make a show out of it. We (Bollywood stars) should all try to lend a helping hand whenever possible to those who need it the most. It is a great feeling to see people satisfied -- I feel complete as a human being."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Salman part of a mock race at Mahalakshmi racecourse
By: Hemal Ashar Date: 2010-01-08 Place: Mumbai

Salman Khan to ride a horse in a mock race at Mahalakshmi racecourse on January 17

Salman Khan is ready to take film promotion to an unusual route. The actor would promote his forthcoming film, Veer by riding a horse at the Mahalakshmi racecourse in a 'mock' race against top jockeys. The race would be part of the programme on Sunday, January 17, 2009. The day is being promoted as the Hello Million day.

Royal Western India Turf Club (RWITC) chairman, Vivek Jain says, "Salman Khan is to do a promotion for his film Veer at the racecourse. The film's producers approached us and we agreed."

Getting it arranged
Salman would be dressed like a jockey (in jockey's silks, though the colour has yet to be decided) and, "would most probably do a mock race with top jockeys at the racecourse. In case that cannot be arranged, he would do an exhibition canter on horseback for the stands," says Jain.

A horse from the Amateur Rider's Club (ARC) would be chosen as mount for Salman. Jain says, "He would have to choose from the ARC horses, he cannot ride a thoroughbred,' and laughs when asked if the beefy, muscular Salman would be too heavy for the horse. Jockeys usually weigh 55 kg on average. "Well, it is just a fun event," says the newly-elected RWITC chairman.

Don't like it? Snooze it off, folks!
Jain, who is aware that some die-hard punters might be irked at the increasing Bollywood-isation and glamour at the racecourse says, "Unfortunately or fortunately, nothing sells like a Bollywood star. My advice to all those punters tut-tutting at these promotions is: take a good snooze in your racecourse box while the event is on'. He also added, "You know this refrain -- we do not like filmi gimmicks at the racecourse -- is a fashionable thing to say. A lot of these 'elite' also say we do not like watching Hindi movies, but they finally go and watch them anyway."

Vijay Galani, producer Veer, confirms that he approached the RWITC with the promotion request. Galani says, "Salman is going to participate in a race at the racecourse." Galani ambitiously says, "He is to ride against A-grade jockeys."

Galani sees a synergy between horse riding and Veer, because he says, "In my film, Salman is mostly seen on horseback. Salman would be dressed as a jockey." Asked whether Salman has real riding skills, Galani answers in the affirmative. "Yes, Salman is a very good horse rider. He has been riding since childhood. In Veer, you see him riding without holding the reins and holding arms in his hands."

About Veer
Veer is scheduled for a January 22 release. Salman Khan plays a warrior in the period movie. He is seen on horseback in several scenes, hence the equestrian promotion.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:49 pm

"Veer is father-son relationship drama" - Salman Khan

By Nikhil Ramsubramaniam, January 7, 2010 - 16:39 IST

Interviewing Salman Khan is akin to sitting on a roller-coaster ride for the first time ever; in both cases you never know what to expect. On a good day, Salman may talk nineteen to the dozen, and on an off-day, he may just decide to get up and leave mid-way. Luckily for me, Salman was in his element when I met him for an exclusive interview at Mehboob Studios. Dressed in a body hugging red tee and jeans, Sallu sat relaxed even as hordes of journos began to get restless waiting for their turn. When my turn came, the wait was worth it as Salman took off like never before speaking on his relationship with his dad Salim Khan, his favorite period films and what can easily be described as a special film of his career- Veer. Read on to find out more...

Veer as a film must be extra-special to you considering that you have written the story of the film. When did the idea of Veer first germinate in your mind?
Long time ago...in fact much before I became an actor...those were the days when I was planning to become a director.

You had earlier written the story of films like Baaghi in the nineties. What took you so long to write the film considering that it's being made now after nearly two decades?
It didn't take me long or anything like that. I wrote the basic story of Veer many years ago but during those days no one dared to make films of such a lavish scale and the writing of Veer is such that it had to be made on a large scale.

I wrote the basic story of Veer many years ago but during those days no one dared to make films of such a lavish scale and the writing of Veer is such that it had to be made on a large scale. So how did the project take off?
I happened to narrate the story idea to Vijay Galani (the producer). He really liked it and decided that we should do this film.

Since you are the story writer of the film, there could be no better person to ask about the story than you...so would you please elaborate on what Veer is all about?
Veer is an epic love story of a warrior but I would like to believe that at the heart of it Veer is a father-son relationship drama. Even the earlier film which I wrote Baaghi was a father-son relationship drama. I truly believe that a father and son should be best of friends yet there should be respect. My father and I share such a relationship. We chill together, party together, share a drink together and have fun but yet I know where to draw the line. I remember...I think it was during Class 7 or 8; I was holidaying in Indore when my mid-term results came out and unfortunately I failed. I was petrified of what dad would say. But my father was really sweet. He said 'Beta Agli Baar Zara Dhyaan Se Padhna. Right now don't worry and mess up your holiday.'

I truly believe that a father and son should be best of friends yet there should be respect. You have been known as the epitome of fitness in Bollywood....any extra effort put in to get in shape for your character in Veer?
I totally stopped weight-lifting and started doing free hand dumbbells, push-ups and very heavy squatting.

You of course play the title role but have two new ladies opposite you...Zarine Khan and Lisa Lazarus...how has been the experience working with two new girls?
Oh...it's been an absolutely lovely experience. Won't you want to be in my shoes? (smiles).

Apparently, you asked Zarine to feast on chocolates and put on some weight for this role?
Zarine was quite thin like most girls today but for her character of an Indian princess we needed someone who is slightly well-built. If you look at yesteryears' princesses, they weren't skinny; they were all hatti-katti. Hence, Zarine had to gain some weight to look the part.

Veer also stars two actors you are quite close to Mithun da and Jackie Shroff...how has it been working with them once again?
Oh! It was fantastic. I had a blast working with Mithunda and Jackieda. They are both fantastic actors. They are senior to me yet we are close friends and I must say that Mithunda is the world's best chef.

Zarine was quite thin like most girls of today but for her character of an Indian princess we needed someone who is slightly well-built. Hence she had to gain some weight to look the part. Veer has some really melodious tracks by your favorite composers Sajid- Wajid, they seem to have re-defined themselves with this film...what say?
Veer is a different kind of a film hence the music had to be different. We had to stick to the sounds of the era the film is set in. Sajid-Wajid are really talented guys. They come from musical gharanas. They have kept melody as their focus and the results are there for everyone to hear and see

With Veer you have taken to blogging...how are you enjoying it?
Oh its lovely...I am enjoying every moment of it. Have you read my blogs?

Of course...a notable feature of your blogs has been the fact that you have kept the language very simple and lucid.
Yes. I believe that one should write in a language that everybody understands. A blog is not for showing off my vocabulary. It's for me to stay connected with my fans. I am not writing the blog to win some Nobel Prize in literature or something. My blog is for my fans. Many-a-times when you focus on your writing style too much, you end up deviating from the core topic. The way I write is exactly the way I speak, which is simple. No point writing in a flowery language to prove that I have a very good command of English as a language.

A blog is not for showing off my vocabulary. It's for staying connected with my fans. I am not writing the blog to win some Nobel Prize in literature or something. Do you get time to respond to your fans' comments?
Oh yes...I read all of them and try and respond to most of them.

Since Veer is a period flick, could you name a few of your favorite period films?
Oh there are many...Taras Bulba, Spartacus, Ben-Hur, Lawrence of Arabia etc etc.

And what about some of Bollywood's period films?
Yahan pe do period films bani hai...ek Mughal-e-Azam, doosri Dharam-Veer and the third one is Veer.

Finally ...the title Veer signifies bravery...what in your opinion is Veerta all about?
See...the basic problem with us Indians is that when we see somebody being beaten up by ten other people, we don't bother to get up and help. We say, 'Jaane Do Yaar...Kya Farak Padta Hai'. When the same thing happens to us, it becomes a matter of concern. This chalta hai attitude towards everything can be quite dangerous for the future of our country. We need people to take responsibility and stand up for their rights saying, 'This is my country and it's my responsibility to make it work.'

Do you think today's politicians are doing a good job?
Oh yes...some of them are. The second generation and third generation of politicians are really rocking. People like Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Sachin Pilot, Milind Deora, Praful Patel, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Satyajit Singh Gaikwad and Jyotiraditya Scindia are all doing a great job.

Since you are so attached towards social issues, will we see you entering politics?
Nahin baba...I am happy with my charitable organization...'Being Human'.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Salman Khan assisted art director on sets of Veer

By Subhash K. Jha, January 7, 2010 - 11:21 IST

Salman Khan is not supposed to be a particularly hands-on technician on the sets of his movies. Most of the time you'd find him giving his shot and moving to a corner with his cronies. But in Veer, Salman not only got down from his high horse, he even assisted the art director Sanjay Dabade (who had earlier done the art direction of Anil Sharma's Gadar: Ek Prem Kahani) and the construction workers in setting up the props, temporary buildings and architecture in London to denote the 19th century period.

This happened on more than one occasion when the natural light in London threatened to fade away. While shooting in front of the Indian embassy in London and after having acquired the permission to shoot in front of the Buckingham Palace, the art directors' team found itself running against time.

That's when Salman jumped in.

Says producer Vijay Galani, "Though Salman wouldn't want it to be known in case other unit's expect the same from him, he actively assisted Sanjay Dabade in his men in the construction work in London. See, first of all getting the permission to shoot on locations near Buckingham Palace was hard enough. Then we had to cover all the visible outward signs of modernity and replace them with props representing 1880. All this required a lot of planning and execution. We had to be very careful not to put up any architecture or props that would damage London's topography."

This is where Salman came in. Says Galani, "Salman just jumped in with the workers, maybe it was a dormant passion, but no one had ever seen this side of him. He actually assisted in the construction work on the streets of London."

Passers-by who recognized him just couldn't stop staring. "To see Salman banging wood planks with nails and hammers is not an every day sight. But then Veer is not an everyday film for Salman. He has written the story and he loves the subject and character. He grew his hair for one- half of the film. I won't name them. But some actors refused roles because they had to sport beards in Veer," says Galani.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Who is Salman feeding?
January 7, 2010 7:55:31 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

SALMAN KHAN IN VEER

Now before you get any ideas - let's just clarify with you that we aren't referring to a person here!

We are talking about elephants!

Eros International and Vijay Galani's VEER - Bollywood's biggest epic film till date has a monstrous number of cast crew and animals -yes animals!

Horses, Camels, Elephants were as good as flooded on the sets we hear and who took care of them you ask?

Well Salman Khan himself!

Reveals a production source "Salman would take care of the horses and see to it that they were well looked after. But when it came to the elephants Salman would literally go and feed them himself and pet them"

Salman already has pet dogs, who he treats like royalty and his love for animals we see extends well past his own pets.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 5:43 pm

salman interview. on rediff
Next
Syed Firdaus Ashraf in Mumbai

Salman Khan gave one of the biggest hits of 2009 with Wanted. It almost made us forget his next two duds -- Main Aurr Mrs Khanna and London Dreams.

Now with the new year comes new releases. January 22 will see Salman in Veer, a movie written by the actor himself. It is loosely based on Russian author Nikolai Gogol's novel, Taras Bulba.

Salman plays a warrior Veer of the Pindhari tribe, who rebels against the British rule.

He tells Syed Firdaus Ashraf what to expect from the film.

Veer looks like a dream project for you.

I will always praise my film till the time my fans criticise it. You never know what will work or what will not. Sometimes a film works and sometimes it doesn't. There is no formula. It is not that I have written this film so it has to work. I will only know after January 22.

What research did you do?

Lots. But this is not a regular period film. There is emotion, drama and comedy in Veer, something which is missing in many period films. Usually, period films are bereft of laughter and romance. But we have tried to be different here. The language has completely changed. We have done a number of things to make the film more contemporary.

Why did you choose a period drama?

I wanted to show how people in those days lived. How they honoured their commitments. When they are enemies with someone, it continued through the generations. The same with love. And when they give you their word, they will do anything to keep it, even if it meant that their children will have to fulfill them.

How close is the film to Taras Bulba?

The thought was there. Pindharis are like the Cossacks [Cossacks were among Russia's greatest military assets]. The Britishers called them [Pindharis] barbarians though all they wanted was freedom. I have given an Indian flavour to the story.
3:10 pm (1 hour ago)

3 Idiots has become a massive hit. Is there pressure on you for Veer to succeed?

There's no pressure at all. If the film is good, it will work. If it is not, it will not.

Is it true that you fought with director Anil Sharma on the sets?

Yes, we fought a lot. We had a tough time. But these fights were not personal; they were more creative differences. He wanted his way while I wanted mine. Nevertheless, the end product is very good. The look of the film should impress the people. If it convinces the people then it will work from the first frame. We haven't compromised on the budget.

Your earlier period film Suryavanshi did not work...

There were a lot of compromises while making that film.

Who is Veer in today's time?

There are many Veers today. If you live in Mumbai, you are veer. You see whatever is happening. If you go to the Taj or the Oberoi then you are Veer [referring to the 26/11 attacks].

Wanted had hit dialogues like 'Main ek baar commitment kar leta hoon toh phir khud ki bhi nahi sunta.' Do you have such dialogues in Veer too?

Yes, there are lots. Sample this: 'Jahan se pakdta hoon, paanch saair gosht nikal deta hoon.'

Do you feel your fans love you more in action films because Wanted worked?

Family films and comedies work too. I try to balance my work. I want to entertain my fans and audiences. I don't want to make depressing films for them.

But your other films Main Aurr Mrs Khanna and London Dreams flopped...

London Dreams was a good film but it was too long. I told Vipul Shah [director] to cut it but he did not listen to me. Just because some friends say, 'Saaru Che, Saaru Che' (it's fine, it's fine), he went ahead. After five days, he did cut 25 minutes but it was too late. Had London Dreams been shorter, it would have been a great film. If I am getting bored with my own film, you can't blame the audience if they get bored too.

Are you apprehensive of the box office fate of your films?

My die-hard fans will see my film on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. After that, the film speaks for itself.

Why did you cast a newcomer like Zarine Khan in the film?

We needed a fresh look, therefore we decided on her. We needed someone with the yesteryear look.

She looks a lot like Katrina Kaif...

Did you feel that?

I think that is because Katrina and Zarine have the same skin tone.

I never felt that (they look similar). If anybody has to see a resemblance, then it has to be me, na? But I don't see the resemblance.

Moving on, it looks like you have become a fan of Mithun's. After all you did cast him in Lucky...

I will tell you an interesting story. I call Mithun, Mithunda, but his children call him Mithun. They called him Mithun in front of me. That is the same relationship that we share in the film. Moreover, I have known him for a long time. He was my father's friend.

You wrote Baaghi, came up with the idea for Chandramukhi and now Veer. Did you show your writer dad (Salim Khan) the script of Veer?

Yes. He said, 'accha hai (it's good).'

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 am

Actor Salman Khan is going the distance to promote his forthcoming flick, Veer, a project that's very close to his heart. The actor was seen at the racecourse partaking in a horse race. Since morning, there was a buzz of Salman Khan coming to the racecourse and riding the filly 'Wild Rose'. Youngsters, adults and the aged alike braved the heat to get a glimpse of their favourite star.

Everyone present at the event - from chaiwalas to stall owners, from people placing bets to those who just came to engage themselves - everyone enquired about the presence of Salman Khan. "Salmaan aaya kya? (As he come yet?)" they asked each other, every five minutes. And then Salman appeared... Looking like a jockey to the T! The excitement was one to watch out for, the race course came alive with 'Veer' songs on the loudspeakers, and every television screen showcased the trailers of Salman-starrer 'Veer'.

Wearing a 'Veer' jersey, Salman, who probably was the sexiest jockey around, got atop his filly Wild Rose and emerged on the tracks alternatively waving to the cheering crowd and patting his horse! The actor did look a little apprehensive but wore a more relaxed demeanour once he managed to cross the finish line first.

Heaving a sigh of relief, he let us in on some secrets: My lagaam (rein) broke just before the race, and I was scared. I wasn't so sure if Wild Rose would be controllable, and wondered what if she went wild and took me riding for 15 rounds! Luckily, none of that happened. Also, I didn't win. I'm not fast at rising. My fellow jockeys helped me win. They purposely rode slowly so that I could be ahead of them."

Also present at the event were 'Veer' producer Vijay Gilani and 'Veer' actress Zarine Khan, whom many mistook for Katrina Kaif! Brother Arbaaz Khan and sisters Arpita and Alvira also cheered on Salman bhai, who was in his full element and basking in all the attention!
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 am

Veer Opens With A Bang At Single Screens

Veer got off to a very strong start at single screens with 80-90% collections but multiplexes were dull with around 30-40% collections. The collections at multiplexes of places like Mumbai and Bangalore were very disappointing.

This was the sort of start that Salman Khan's last successful outing Wanted had but that film managed to pick up a bit at multiplexes and went on a dream run at single screens.

The film will get help in the form of a holiday on Tuesday but will need to show good multiplexes business if it is to emerge a winner unless it can go on to do huge business at single screens.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:02 am

PRATIK MESSAGE TO SALMAN KHAN FANS

4 40 am just back from 2 preview shows for friends and family .......review and reactions are OUT OUTSTANDING.....i dun care a f*** about critics...janta is boss.....im relaxed now infact....cos all the reviews we ve seen are mind mindblowing.....Smile fuck RM and FS.....they should watch Aladin and BLUE......"You need a jigar to make such a film".....Go watch it ...inshallah the opening will be mind blowing and will sustain...relax guys:) im confident now more than anything else....THIS IS OUR MASTERPIECE....we will rock....
P.s im not interested in reviews, i want collections and satisfaction...watch bhais career best performance till date by Miles and something you cant dream of!!!
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:03 am

PRATIK UPDATE

70% opening in Mumbai morning and Delhi is amazing ,Jaipur is exploding....Pune is Houseull 12 pm show.....Dubai is awesome....expectations are gr8.....have faith everyone.....B.E.L.I.E.V.E
i still do.....8cr opening will happen.....then sat plus sunday we will get 15more....... went to gaiety....in the first half 15 whistles atleast.....trust me single screens will BURNN and multiplexes will be decent.....good opening:)!!!! and chuck these reviews this a masterpiece for bhai for us and for all his fans......PHOD DENGE
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:03 am

PRATIK NEW UPDATE

Kurbaan 4 stars everywhere....result GONE.....
BLue 4 stars.....result GONE.....

you go and watch the film and then comment here, on what you think....public opinions in general are good everwhere.....
Opening we expect is 8.5cr today from what we hear......
for single screens our film will remain immortal, relax guys...
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:16 am

█ VEER 1st DAY Figures crossed WAnted & 3I █Kanpur
Friday 22nd January 2010 23.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Veer has done huge business on day one at Kanpur single screens. Below are the figures for Veer, Wanted and Three Idiots from the same theatres. Both Gurudev and Manjushree huge single screens in Kanpur.

Gurudev

Veer - 73,796

Three Idiots - 57,408

Wanted - 57,400

Manjushree

Veer - 96,578

Three Idiots - 38,977

Wanted - 67,552

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 am

Salman Khan hits out at 'Veer' critics
Friday, January 22 2010, 14:50 GMT
By Will Astbury

Rex Features
Salman Khan has told filmgoers to ignore the critics that have slammed Veer.

The actor said that audiences are better judges of films and promised that the movie would not disappoint them.

"I tell you critics are paid and they can't be a better judge than an audience. So, please go and watch it," Real Bollywood quotes Khan as saying.

"I boycott critics and request you not to go by the reviews and they are just good for nothing. I promise - Veer won’t disappoint you."

Veer, which was also written and directed by Khan, is released on Friday.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am

Veer Scores Big In CI On Day One

Friday 22nd January 2010 23.30 IST

Veer has done huge business in CI on its first day. The business is the second best first day ever in the history of Hindi cinema. Below are the top first day openers in CI over the last three years..

1. Three Idiots - 47.89 lakhs
2. Veer - 27.33 lakhs
3. De Dana Dan - 22.23 lakhs
4. Golmaal Returns - 22.03 lakhs
5. Ghajini - 21.82 lakhs
6. Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani - 21.44 lakhs
7. Singh Is Kinng - 20.86 lakhs
8. Kambakkht Ishq - 20.20 lakhs
9. Love Aaj Kal - 19.82 lakhs
10. Wanted - 18.33 lakhs
11. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - 18.20 lakhs
12. Chandni Chowk to China - 17.66 lakhs
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Veer Creates Havoc In Rajasthan

Monday 25th January 2010 08.30 IST

Veer created havoc in the Rajasthan circuit when it opened on Friday. It remains to be seen what sort of business Veer does in the whole of India but in Rajasthan the film is a clean hit even if collections were to crash badly over the weekdays.

Veer set new records in most of the centres in Rajasthan with only Jaipur, Kota and a couple of other cities being the exception. Jodhpur, Bikaner, Shriganganagar, Sikar, Alwar, Kisangarh, Bhilwara and many more stations witnessed never seen before figures.

In Jodhpur the masses were so impressed by Salman Khan in Veer that after watching the film they put garlands on Salman Khan cut-outs which featured him in his Veer look. These sort of scenes are very rare for Hindi films heroes although it happens with the megastars of South India.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Veer Has Good First Weekend

Monday 25th January 2010 12.00 IST

Veer has done good first weekend business of 19.50 crore nett thanks to bumper business in single screens. The film did 7 crore nett on Friday, Saturday saw a drop with 5.25 crore nett business and Sunday was good with 7.25 crore nett. Tuesday is Republic Day holiday so around 31-32 crore nett business can be expected over the first week.

Veer has got a big thumbs down from the critics and media but at the box office it has performed well till now. The film will emerge a hit in Rajasthan while circuits like Delhi/UP, Bihar, CP Berar and CI may also do hit business. Single screen business is huge in the Hindi belt.

The public has a mind of its own and even in a worst case scenario the film will emerge an average success with a 25 crore all India distributor share. Veer is the first success of 2010 and if it can sustain in its second weekend then it will emerge the first hit of 2010 with a 30 crore plus share.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Indore Barometer Weekend Veer

Monday 25th January 2010 17.30 IST

Veer has recorded fair collections at Indore multiplexes. Collections are similar to Salman Khan's last hit Wanted. The single screens in Indore for Veer are much better than Wanted initially.

PVR
Veer - 2,20,920 2,18,305 92,815 2,12,615
Wanted - 1,44,675 1,48,715 2,41,310

Inox Sapna
Veer - 1,04,225 76,505 1,31,325
Wanted - 83,175 86,710 1,41,205

Big
Veer - 1,42,565 93,325 1,14,025
Wanted - 1,19,890 1,08,810 1,76,415

Velocity
Veer - 1,44,575 76,905 1,44,965
Wanted - 99,180 83,905 1,41,190

Inox Central
Veer - 1,00,330 61,480 1,21,025
Wanted - 94,060 88,730 1,68,670

Satyam
Veer - 57,035 46,045 74,200
Wanted - Did Not Release

Totals
Veer - 7,69,760 5,72,565 7,98,205 (6 Multiplex)
Wanted - 5,40,980 5,16,870 8,68,790 (5 Multiplex)
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:56 am

Veer Rajasthan, CP Berar And CI Figures

Wednesday 27th January 2010 19.00 IST

Veer has fared best in Rajasthan, CP Berar and CI as well as UP and Bihar. Below are the five day daily figures from Rajasthan, CP Berar and CI.

Rajasthan
Friday - 57 lakhs
Saturday - 38 lakhs
Sunday - 55 lakhs
Monday - 22 lakhs
Tuesday - 43 lakhs
TOTAL - 2.15 crore

CP Berar
Friday - 40 lakhs
Saturday - 28 lakhs
Sunday - 38 lakhs
Monday - 20 lakhs
Tuesday - 40 lakhs
TOTAL - 1.66 crore

CI
Friday - 27.33 lakhs
Saturday - 20.86 lakhs
Sunday - 27.90 lakhs
Monday - 13.76 lakhs
Tuesday - 26.27 lakhs
TOTAL - 1.16 crore
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 am

A Veeroic effort!

Love it or hate it, but Salman Khan’s Veer is one heck of a brave effort, something we would like to call a “Veeroic” effort.

At a time when comedies rule the roost in Bollywood, Salman Khan and co. opted for something distinctly different. A mixture of history, mythology and nationalism narrated with a fine balance of romance, comedy, action and the age old formulaic masala.

Also, Salman is a writer to watch out for in the future. He has great sense of drama and sets up the movie pretty well. The romantic portions were well-written and the dilemma of the princess - to choose between her kingdom or lover - was potentially a great plot for a thrilling second half, that it didn’t happen is the director and screenplay writer’s fault.

Sure, the film is not without its share of major flaws, but then its the effort we are talking about here, something both the media and critics for some reason have overlooked.

Quick recall, and history based films have always been risky, the mightiest of them have failed (Read SRK with Asoka and Aamir with Mangal Pandey). Spending 50 crores plus makes it even more riskier.

So purely for the risk and effort the makers have taken and the fact that the film has managed to do reasonably well at the box office, Veer deserves a mention as one of the first successful films of the year and the decade.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:49 pm

Salman Khan's 'Veer' sparks riots
Sunday, January 31 2010, 09:13 GMT
By Zakia Uddin, Bollywood Reporter

Salman Khan's Veer has been targeted by protesters in the town where the historical drama is set.

Members of the Rajput community depicted in the film interrupted two screenings of the epic, protesting the film's alleged lack of historical accuracy.

The police dispersed the crowd, but not before the glass exteriors of the two cinema complexes were pelted with stones.

B.S. Shekawat, a representative of the Shri Rajput Karni Sena group told IANS: ‘We were protesting against some facts shown in the film about Rajputs that we think are totally against our traditions.

"The film shows a Rajput girl being crowned as a ruler even though her father is alive. It is completely against our tradition.

"We want objectionable scenes to be removed. It really hurts the sentiments of our community."

Khan spent 11 years writing and developing the film about a horse-riding hero, before finally making it last year.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Sallu's Veer in trouble
Divya Kaushik and Shweta Thakur, TNN, 1 February 2010, 12:00am IST

Salman Khan may have indulged in some hardcore on-screen action in his film Veer, but members of the Karni Sena, a representative group of the Rajput community in the state, decided to turn on the violence in real life even as they protested against some dialogues used in the film.

“We found certain dialogues in the film derogatory and demeaning for the Rajput community. We are not going to tolerate this,” said Ajit, a member of Karni Sena. The group apparently has reservations against the line, ‘Gaddari to maine rajputo se hi seekhi hai,’ which Salman, a Pindari warrior in the film, says to Jackie Shroff, who plays a Rajput king.

Thus, in the forenoon, members of the group attacked two multiplexes in the city, smashed glass panes, tore posters and broke things. Confirming the violent sequence of events, Sanjay Marudhar, local distributor of the film said, “On Saturday morning, members of the Karni Sena went to Triton mall and then to Vaibhav. They took recourse to violence and destroyed public property. The police initiated action rounding up six to seven members of the sena and it is only after that the crowd dispersed.”

However, industry insiders say that the matter could be peacefully resolved. “In case they had any objection against any scene in the film they could have brought it to the notice of production people or talked to us once. We would have removed the objectionable portion and solved the problem as we do not want to hurt anybody’s sentiments,” added Marudhar. Joy Mehta, assistant commissioner of police, said, “If some people disagree with something it doesn’t mean that they will resort to violence.”

Anil Sharma, who has directed Veer is equally disturbed. “It is some kind of misunderstanding. We have not included any dialogue that is against the Rajput community, in fact, the Pindari clan itself encompasses many Rajputs. Those who have raised objections must see the film properly and read the history of the Rajput clan. Resorting to violence for publicity cannot provide solutions. If required, I will talk to the local distributor and we are willing to take steps to sort out this problem,” Sharma told TOI T. When we contacted Vijay Gilani, the producer of the film, he said, “So far I don’t know anything about the incident. Our distributor in Jaipur will be the right person to handle the situation.”

Interestingly, city cinema buffs in the city feel that it is nothing more than a publicity gimmick. “These days moral policing is the new fad in our country. People and groups shouldn’t resort to violence after watching a film or a remark by anyone. A film is a director’s point of view and may or may not be true. So there is no point getting enraged over remarks in films,” says Abhinav Verma, a student.

Cinema halls in the city will however continue with the screening of the film. “We will seek police help in case problems arise again, but we will continue screening the movie until we get some instructions from our higher authorities,” said a spokesperson of a multiplex in the city.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 am

Veer still going strong

SHWETA THAKUR , TNN, 2 February 2010, 12:00am IST

A film embroiled in controversy often sees more business than a film that’s not had one, what with audiences turning up to watch the film to figure out what the controversy is all about.

And this seems to have worked for Veer too, the Salman-starrer period flick that saw better occupancy on Sunday, than the last week, in various cinema halls in Jaipur. The film ran into rough waters on Saturday morning when a representative group of the Rajput community, Karni Sena, protested against some dialogues used in the film that they feel are derogatory to Rajputs.

But apparently, after the protests on Saturday, Veer saw more footfalls on Sunday in at least some of the movie halls in the city. Says Vikramaditya Maitreya, unit manager of Inox Vaibhav, where members of Karni Sena carried out protests against the film, “We have registered nearly 30 percent increase in the occupancy on our shows on Sunday, after the controversy sprang up. But I would also attribute the higher footfalls to the weekend.” Adds Ujjwal Srivastava, manager of First Cinema, “Since Veer didn’t witness a great opening, we were expecting a dip of 20 per cent occupancy in the second week. But surprisingly, the occupancy has gone up by 15 percent on all our shows on Sunday. I would attribute this to the controversy and the protests surrounding it. I think people are intrigued about the issue and the scenes that led to the controversy.” But there are some who say that the footfalls have remained unaffected, post the controversy.

Ashish Sharma, team leader operations, Entertainment Paradise, opines, “The controversy hasn’t changed the level of occupancy at all because in my opinion, in case of films, the word-of-mouth matters a lot. As the film isn’t a runaway hit, even the controversy can’t attract the audiences at this stage. And new films are also on from this Friday, and people are thinking twice before buying the tickets.” Similarly Vishal Kapur, Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Fun Cinema observes, “Because of the ruckus created by the Karni Sena in our property, we had to cancel two morning show on Saturday. But police then provided protection and now things are back to normal. But the numbers don’t show any significant change in the occupancy. It is pretty normal.” However, on conditions of anonymity a source at Fun Cinema says, “Any publicity is good publicity. So this one has also worked in favour of the film and the occupancy has gone up because of increase in curiosity among Jaipurites about the movie. Usually, a film that has a slow start doesn’t see a rise in occupancy in the second week. But this has.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm

‘Veer’ still going strong, thanks to Salman’s fans
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Salman Khan seems to be unaffected by the not-so-good response garnered by ‘Veer’ at the Box Office - all thanks to his loyal fan club.
According to reports, in several cities across India, ‘Veer’ has been running full houses, and has obviously raked in big bucks by now.

Directed by Anil Sharma, Veer, starring Salman Khan, Mithun Chakraborty, Jackie Shroff and debutant Zarine Khan released across cinemas worldwide on January 22. The film released 1,300 prints and in digital cinemas all over India and a further 236 prints overseas.

The Salman starrer may not have worked for the ‘hard to please’ critics out there, but it has surely emerged as a high grosser in states such as Rajasthan, Delhi/UP, Bihar, Gujarat. Well, considering Salman Khan’s huge fan base in India and overseas, ‘Veer’ had to be a huge draw.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: • Veer • News/Info   • Veer • News/Info - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

• Veer • News/Info
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next