Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in

* All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

* All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Empty
PostSubject: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:35 am

chk out !

Last edited by Administrator on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:37 am

'Mr Bachchan and I have just swapped places'
Last updated on: August 4, 2010 17:32 IST

Salman Khan can be very entertaining.

The actor was his usual witty, quirky and fun loving self during a press conference in Mumbai to announce him as the next host of the reality show, Bigg Boss 4.

He also performed to the title track of his upcoming movie, Dabangg, and spoke about the inevitable comparisons to Amitabh Bachchan. Excerpts:

Who would you want to see on Bigg Boss this season and why?

Firstly, I would like to see myself. I just want the show to be good and entertaining and hope everyone enjoys it. I have watched the show in the past and enjoyed it. I am sure this time when I watch it, I will enjoy it more -- because I am on it.

Arshad (Warsi), Shilpa (Shetty) and Mr Bachchan have all done a really good job, and I hope that I can at least match up to Shilpa.

Mr Bachchan is way too senior and experienced and there can be no comparisons with him. I am just a small boy trying to do something entertaining.

I hope I can make it more fun outside than inside the house. For the longest time, I wanted to be on the outside and now I am. I am quite fed up of going inside [smiles].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:50 am

Reports say that Shah Rukh Khan was first approached to host this show...

Could be for obvious reasons [smirks].

What did you like about the earlier seasons of Bigg Boss? Who do you think is the Bigg Boss of Bollywood?

I liked the episode where Vindu Dara Singh cried [smiles].

Though I am a part of Bollywood, I am still very far from it. Competitions and politics are there but one must play fair.

Amitabh Bachchan hosted Bigg Boss on Colors last year while you hosted 10 Ka Dum on Sony. Now he's hosting Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony and you Bigg Boss on Colors. Will you be able to change the numbers?

I don't know about TRPs. We have just swapped places [smiles]. We are two different personalities with two different styles. I don't think I could do Kaun Banega Crorepati as well as he did.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:52 am

Your connection with the audience on 10 Ka Dum was most talked about. Why didn't you continue with the show? Why Bigg Boss?

I wanted to do Bigg Boss because I wanted the people at home to see that celebrities are human too. They do good and bad things. After all, how much can one act and pretend to be someone else when there is a camera trained on you 24/7?

Does this mean you won't host 10 Ka Dum anymore?

The contract is over, so there won't be another season. Let's see if they want me to do it again. I like the connect, so I will do it if offered.

You had the famous line 'kitne prateeshak' on Dus Ka Dum. What new punch line or dialogue are you going to use on Bigg Boss 4?

As of now, nothing. I will probably know about it when the celebrities come in. Whatever it is, it will be spontaneous. It all depends on how entertaining they are. The more entertaining they are, the more entertaining I will be.

If given a choice to be inside the house, will you do it?

I don't have a choice. I wouldn't be able to handle so many cameras on me all the time. It will be more comfortable for me to be on the outside and make sure everything is fine inside.

Has television become a means of earning extra money for the celebrities?

Yeah [laughs]. It is also a way for the fans to see you free of cost. That's a better way of putting it. When you telecast all these shows, it's the fans who get to watch their favourite celebrities free of cost. They don't have to spend money and watch them in theatres. This is what I like about TV. This was the intention behind 10 Ka Dum too.

Your connection with the general public on 10 Ka Dum was better compared to your connection with the celebrities on season two. Which is easier for you?

Generally if you have a way with people, you can get along with anyone. If you make friends with them, the connect will always come, if not then it won't work. If they are comfortable with you, they will come up to you and share stuff.

You have worked on the big screen as well as the small screen. Which do you think is better?

Both are good. Eventually, big screen comes down to small screen. On the small screen, if they don't like you, they can change the channel. It is difficult to make sure that they don't change the channel.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 am

Salman Khan to keep it casual
By: Tushar Joshi Date: 2010-09-08 Place: Mumbai

Unlike his predecessor Amitabh Bachchan, Bigg Boss 4 host Salman Khan will not keep the mood serious and will even dress down (suits be damned!)

No stiff suits for Salman Khan as the new host of the latest season of Bigg Boss! Instead, the actor will go completely casual in jackets, T-shirts and torn jeans. His sister Alvira Agnihotri and designer Ashley Rebello will style Sallu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Being comfortable
Ashley lets us in on the look, "The usual trend on the show has been of wearing formal suits. We will be breaking away from this (former host Bachchan was known to wear stuffy suits) and giving Salman some really cool clothes. The idea is to present him in his most real look. Something that he loves wearing and also gives him a sense of comfort."

Apart from the clothes, Sallu will also be seen sporting different accessories. "He will be seen wearing stuff on his hands and different caps and nice boots that have his unique stamp of style. It will be very casual but at the same time stylish and complimenting his good looks."

In addition to that, Khan will fool around with the participants as he did on the other show he hosted. No pop-philosophising for Sallu! Bring it on, we say!

SALLU'S GIFT
After the first trial of Dabangg on Saturday night, Salman was so happy with Ashley's work that he gifted him a new car. Says Rebello, "He was really happy with the way the film turned out. He just walked up to me and asked for my favourite colour. I thought he was gifting me a painting. But I was in for a huge surprise when he told me he was gifting me a silver Innova."
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 pm

To act is to be myself: Salman
PTI, Oct 6, 2010, 12.02am IST

He is an actor who does not act. From playing a corrupt but endearing cop on the big screen to hosting the most controversial reality show on TV, Bollywood superstar Salman Khan says he is just being himself in front of the camera.

After raking in crores with his latest hit 'Dabangg', the 44-year-old actor has replaced Amitabh Bachchan as the fearless host of 'Bigg Boss', promising it is the real Salman Khan his fans will get to see.

"The first and only lesson I have learned in acting is to be myself. Viewers will get 100 per cent unadulterated Salman Khan in Bigg Boss. I am hosting it in my own style - frank and uncut," Salman told PTI in an interview.

This is not his first stint on television, the actor has hosted a game show on the small screen before and thinks that the potential of the idiot box is tremendous.

"Television as a medium is evolving and so is the viewer; it is not the 'small screen' any more," said Salman.

But that is not the only reason why he took up the job of hosting 'Bigg Boss', the actor's family are ardent viewers and he consulted his mother before saying yes.

"Bigg Boss is one show that has intrigued me immensely as a viewer - its format, its contestants and the psychological battle within the house. Also, my family enjoys the show; they discuss it all the time. I asked mom before considering it and she instantly said yes," said Salman.

The Colors show, which is in its fourth season, is well-known for creating controversies, gossiping and plotting among the contestants in order to win. Salman says he is not going to put up with any wrong-doing in the show.

"I am a very straight-forward person and I will not take any hypocrisy and politics lightly. For those housemates who play clean, they will always find their best friend in me. Those who don't, be ready to expect the worst," he said.

Having said that, Salman also thinks that this show brings out the real self of a person and and he endorses the idea of seeking fame via a reality show like this.

"Contestants in Bigg Boss are celebrities or known personalities before entering the show. One's real personality comes out in the show. Everybody opens up eventually and you cannot fake beyond a point. And if they are liked by viewers and gain popularity then there's nothing wrong in that," said the actor.

With 'Dabangg' becoming a major hit, Salman's fans are referring to him as Chulbul Pandey, the name of his moustached avatar in the film. The actor thinks its the unpredictability and heroism of the role that has made him so popular.

"Chulbul Pandey was a very different role compared to any of the characters I have played previously. Chulbul was totally unpredictable - went from action to comedy to romance and back to action. The film as well as the heroism shown has been accepted well by fans everywhere," said Salman.

Read more: To act is to be myself: Salman - The Times of India [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *    * All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* All News/Info about Salman's Bigg Boss - 4 *
Page 1 of 1