Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
+3
Ghani
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 am

Salman Khan suggests cycling to combat pollution

PTI Sunday, February 21, 2010 17:48 IST

Mumbai: Bollywood actor Salman Khan today said "cycling is the best solution to curb pollution in the metropolis".

The actor said after participating in the cyclothon which was organised in collaboration with his charity"Being Human".

"Traffic has gone up so much in Mumbai and other places. However, you can cycle at the speed of a postman or a milkman and reach faster than a car in the traffic," Khan said.

Proceeds of the cyclothon will go to charity, said the actor.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 am

Deepika yearns for Salman’s alliance

Deepika Padukone, is like a fledgling in Bollywood. Nevertheless, this fledgling seems quite chirpy and demanding! Previously a head start with Baadshah Shahrukh Khan, now, the young actress aspires to be paired with the Bad boy, Salman Khan.

Deepika Padukone seems to act quite friendly yet professional lately.
With a much hyped and tailor made kickoff with the greatest possible launch, she is keenly interested to join other celebrated Khans too.

In addition,in a short span of her career, she has worked with superstars Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan too.

Deepika’s wish

In a latest interview, Deepika was overheard wishing to be Salman’s lady love in a movie.
Deepika has just four movies to her credit but desires to rope in other biggies too.
“I am really looking forward to work with Salman,” Deepika said.
When asked about the rumors of her already working with Salman Khan, she was honest about it.

There were gossips of a remake of a Telugu film featuring Deepika and Salman both. However, due to some reasons it did not take any shape.

“It is plain rumour. Reports of me working with Salman in `Kick` are untrue. In fact I haven`t been offered any such film”, the model turned actress said.
Yet she said, “In fact we were supposed to be paired up much earlier but then a couple of films didn`t quite work out. That`s sad but I am sure that in near future, we would be paired opposite each other.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Salman Khan plays matchmaker

By: Tushar Joshi Date: 2010-02-25 Place: Mumbai

Salman Khan loves to play matchmaker. The actor is very close to Rajasthan Tourism Minister Beena Kak and has grown close to her entire family over the years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Salman Khan and Amrita Kak at her brother Ankur's wedding. file pic

He is very protective about her daughter Amrita, who he treats like a younger sister. He even took the responsibility of finding a suitable groom for her. Salman finally zeroed on a dulha, and the wedding will happen on an auspicious day this summer.

Salman and Beena Kak in a still from MPKK

The actor has given Amrita, a trained singer, a break in some of his films. One of her better known songs are Just Chill (Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya) and Tujhe Aqsa Beach Ghumau (God... Tussi Great Ho).

Family guy
The actor, who campaigned aggressively for Beena this year during the state elections, introduced Amrita to a prospective groom last year and they instantly clicked. A source reveals, "This will be the second wedding in the Kak family this year. Last week, Salman was in Jaipur for the wedding of Beena's son Ankur. He danced in the baraat, and was present at all the important rituals."

The source continues, "Salman is extremely private about his relationship with the Kak family and doesn't want to talk about Amrita's wedding."

FACT
Beena has played Salman's mom twice. Once, in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya and later, in God Tussi Great Ho

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 am

Salman Khan @ Chennai for IPL Bidding
__

___

It is not clear that Salman Bhai went for Bidding or not, as news is coming in weird form ............

___

Chennai: Bollywood glitter wane at the bidding for two new teams for Indian Premier League's (IPL) fourth edition next year.

Four of the popular stars of Hindi cinema, Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan and Saif Ali bid unsucessfully for Videocon, which was among the final list of bidders including Sahara Group, Adani Group of Ahmedabad, Amanora and Reneazvous Sportsworld of Kochi.

In all 14 people bought the tenders. While Videocon whom these stars represented put up a vain bid of USD 319.90 million, Adani USD 315 million and Amanora's USD 261.3 million were also inadequate against Sahara India's winning bid $370 million.

******* rest of the news is not authenticated.....

Salman Bhai went at that Hotel where Auction was there for IPL ::
__

Salman Khan arrives at a hotel to attend the IPL auction in Chennai. (PTI)
21 Mar, 2010

____
Back to top Go down
salmandev

salmandev

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Remember the film SAAJAN that catapulted Salman Khan from being an emerging star to an established star. Well, almost two decades down the line, the director of the film Lawrence D'Souza is thinking about working with Salman Khan once again.

CHECK OUT: Salman Khan gets work for Atul Agnihotri

Buzz is that Salman Khan, known for his 'yarron ka yaar aur dushmano ka dushman' attitude is thinking about teaming up with the director once again. Though, the subject is yet to be finalized, buzz is that the SAAJAN director has chosen upon a romantic subject yet again.
When we spoke to Lawrence D'Souza about this buzz, he said. "Salman Khan is like my extended family and we keep on meeting and discussing various possibilities. We are planning to work together, but nothing has been finalized so far. Let's hope it happens sooner than we expect."

Let's hope the association this time is as successful as it was during the SAAJAN time
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 am

Kudos to SRK
Buzz up!

Shah Rukh's My Name is Khan has found favour with one of the best writers of Bollywood.

"Salim Khan loved the movie, and he especially liked Shah Rukh in it," said a source close to the family. "He thought Shah Rukh had done a great job, and he feels that it was brave to use the movie for a good cause and the cause of Muslims all over the world."

Salim Khan is the father of Salman Khan, who has a running feud with Shah Rukh, but this did not stop Salim Khan from calling up his son's rival to offer his praise. Sources close to Shah Rukh said he had received the message. "Salim sahib sent the message saying how much he had loved the movie and that Shah Rukh had done a super job in it. It was very nice of him, being such a respectable and senior person in the industry, to have responded like this," the source said.

SRK himself confirmed the news, saying: “Yes, Salim uncle loved the film, and it’s very sweet of him that he sent me a message. We all are like a family.”

Salim Khan, along with Javed Akhtar, has written over a dozen superhit films, including the one that many believe is the greatest film ever made in Bollywood, Sholay. High praise indeed for Shah Rukh!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 am

Salman, Qaidi No 210!
Kunal M Shah, MUMBAI MIRROR, Mar 26, 2010, 12.00am IST

They were perhaps some of the darkest days in Salman Khan’s life, but now they are set to light up the silver screen.

Salman, one of the prime accused in the infamous chinkara case, had to spend time behind bars in 1996 and 1998, and now that period of his life is being recreated in a film called Qaidi No 210. And guess who is helping with the research? Salman’s former cellmate, Mahesh Kumar Saini.

Mahesh and Salman struck up something of a friendship in the three days they spent together in Jodhpur Central jail in 1996. Ranjit Sharma, the producer of Qaidi No 210, was introduced to Saini by the jailor during the course of his research and now he has taken him onboard as a consultant.

“I spent quite some time researching the subject and met many people in Jodhpur Central jail. That’s where I also met Mahesh Kumar Saini, a murder suspect,” said Ranjit Sharma. “I told him to get in touch with me whenever he was released. He got in touch some months ago and he has given me details about Salman’s stay in the jail. Chirag Patil, son of former cricketer Sandeep Patil, will play Salman.”

Mahesh himself is all praise for Salman and convinced about his innocence. “All I can say is that Salman is one of the nicest human beings I have ever met. I know for a fact that he is innocent. I can’t reveal more because he had told me everything in confidence, but Salman never fired that shot (which killed the chinkara).

He is going through hell to save someone else. I don’t think he ever expected this incident to become such a controversial matter and that even political bigwigs would play dirty. But one day justice will be done,” he said.

Recounting the three days he spent with Salman in jail, Mahesh said, “On the first day, he was tense. I was the jail monitor, so I chatted with him and took him for a prison tour.” Several interesting aspects about Salman revealed by Mahesh may finally make their way to the script as well. “Salman is addicted to coffee. He wanted one cup every hour. He hardly ate anything except the chocolates his brother Sohail had given him. He had many visitors. The ones I knew were his sister Alvira and brother Sohail. On the second night, I made soyabean and we ate together.”

Mahesh says Salman even managed to exercise in the jail. “We managed to sneak in dumb bells for him though they are not allowed. On the second day he was feeling bored. I arranged a carrom board for him and even a chess board.”

When Salman was finally released on bail, he offered to give Mahesh Rs 20,000 as a token of his appreciation. “I told him I can’t take the money, but I’d be grateful if he could find me a job when I got out. Salman said he’d do the needful, but I have to reach him.

I hope to meet him someday because I know a person like him will honour his word,” said Mahesh.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 am

Salman and ‘Saajan’ director to come together?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, March 25, 2010]

Remember Lawrence D’Souza the cameraman turned helmer who shaped the careers of Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt with his musical blockbuster ‘Saajan’….. Yes why not, who can forget Salman and the diva Madhuri matching their steps as ordered by Saroj Khan for the song ‘Dekha Hai Peheli Bar’, there’s a strong buzz in the tinsel town that after almost two decades the director of the film Lawrence D'Souza is thinking about working with Salman Khan once again.

Though, the subject is yet to be finalized, buzz is that the 'Saajan' director has chosen upon a romantic subject yet again.

Lawrence D'Souza says, “Salman Khan is like my extended family and we keep on meeting and discussing various possibilities. We are planning to work together, but nothing has been finalized so far. Let's hope it happens sooner than we expect."

Exclusively for indiaglitz readers, do you know who was considered for the role of Akash Verma , we mean Sanjay Dutt in ‘Sajaan’…… guess what, it was none other than our dancing sensation of the 80’s and part of 90’s our dear Mithun Da….

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 am

Asin gets third Hindi film
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, March 25, 2010]

Asin’s Bollywood career is not over yet as her detractors would want to believe. The southern beauty who had started accepting films again in Tamil is said to have landed in a big Bollywood film opposite Salman Khan again.

The film is the remake of Telugu hit ‘Ready’. The big news here is Asin edged out Deepika Padukone to get this film to be directed by Anees Bazmee.

Salman and Asin continued to be good friends even after their earlier film together ‘London Dreams’ bombed. Sources say that it was Salman Khan who recommended Asin for the project.

‘Ready’ starred Ram and Genelia and was one of the super hits films of 2008 in Telugu. The film is being remade in Tamil as ‘Uthamaputhiran’ with Dhanush and Genelia.

How ever the producer of the Hindi version Bhushan Kumar of T-Series refused to comment on the casting but confirmed the project is on.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Dum struck -- Yes, we couldn’t get Salman

Dum struck

Channel that hosts Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum derails his plans to judge Zara Nachke Dikha, a dance show on a competing channel

By Vickey Lalwani
Posted On Monday, April 05, 2010 at 02:02:53 AM

While it’s no surprise that many Bollywood stars have refused offers from television channels in the past, it’s usually because the star doesn’t want to be part of it. Salman Khan must have never imagined that he would have to opt out of a show on one channel because a competing channel didn’t like the idea.

It transpired that Salman was approached by a particular channel to judge a dance reality show, Zara Nachke Dikha, but another channel, which airs his game show Dus Ka Dum, had strong reservations about the move.

A source said, “Salman spoke to the channel that airs Dus Ka Dum but they were unwilling to let Salman be seen on a competing channel. So they politely but firmly told Salman to forget about judging Zara Nachke Dikha. The actor had no choice but to comply.”

Vasudha Jha, a senior official of the channel that will air Zara Nachke Dikha, said, “Yes, we couldn’t get Salman. Though he was pretty excited about the offer, he had to check with the channel that airs Dus Ka Dum. They said they could only allow it if Zara Nachke Dikha goes on air after the next season of Dus Ka Dum winds up. Waiting that long was not possible. Right now, we are in talks with Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan.”

However, Ajit Thakur, an official of the channel that airs Dus Ka Dum, denied that Salman had spoken to them about Zara Nachke Dikha. “But yes, we do have a certain amount of exclusivity on Dus Ka Dum, since it is a very big show,” he said.

Yes, we couldn’t get Salman – Vasudha Jha, Channel official

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 am

█ Why Salman is the most popular Khan ever! █
Awesome Article !
__

Rich, famous, handsome and controversy’s favourite child – Salman Khan has, since his debut in Phool Aur Kaante, captured a nation’s heart. But what is truly amazing is that despite more scandals than you can shake a stick at, advancing age and receding hairline, Salman continues to be India’s darling. While Shah Rukh is admired and Aamir is revered, Salman is the most loved Khan of all times. Masala! finds out why this Khan has the biggest fan following...

He’s generous
Be it his penchant for gifting his in-demand paintings or designer timepieces to his friends and co-stars, or his act of giving money to beggars (no, we are not talking about a few rupees, but a whole 25,000 to ONE person!), Salman has always given of himself to people who touch his heart. Not satisfied, he even started his charity Being Human to be able to reach out to a larger number of needy people.
Some of the gifts given by Salman to his B’wood brethren:
h Painting to Aamir
h Three paintings to Sridevi
h Watch to Aseem Merchant (his Wanted co-star)
h Rolex to Abhishek Bachchan before Dhoom 2
h Watch to Ranbir Kapoor (to make-up for a scrap they had had ages ago)
h Two Rolex watches to Zayed during the Rockstars tour
h Watch to Farah Khan before Main Hoon Na
h Watch to Shah Rukh Khan during the making of Karan Arjun
h And apparently, a Mercedes Benz to Govinda!

He’s not perfect
He doesn’t lead the ideal life and this makes him more real and, in a way, more accessible, to his fans. His faults are larger than life – be it his moody nature, his arrogance or his legal problems (for drunk driving or the black buck hunting case). In his own brash way he has admitted to his guilt in the hunting case. These offences, if proved, are punishable and rightly so, but one can’t ignore the fact that the janta like their heroes to be real and not infallible. It was the same with Sanjay Dutt.

He’ll never kiss and tell
He has a pretty impressive record – Sangeeta Bijlani, Somi Ali, Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif – as far as girlfriends go. And with the exception of Ash, all are on pretty good terms with him. But no matter how public or ugly the relationship or the break-up became, he never spoke about the ladies in public. The only time he did talk to the media in terms of his break-up was when Vivek Oberoi ranted against him at a press conference. Even now when everyone is wondering about whether Katrina and he are together or not, Salman himself has never spoken out about it.

He’s always genuine
It all comes down to the intuition we have to be able to sense when someone is being genuine or otherwise. When Salman is interacting with his fans – be it for a film’s promotion or for the video of Mile Sur Mera Tumhara – the eye contact and the smile is genuine and people respond to that. It also doesn’t hurt that he loves to get away from his entourage and jump into an auto-rickshaw and take a ride.

He’s emotional
This man wears his heart on his sleeves. His likes and dislikes are out there and while he is devoted to his family (the world got a glimpse of it in Farah Khan’s show Tere Mere Beach Mein in which he appeared with his mother Salma Khan), he is also a loyal friend. Just one stipulation – you will need to put up with his moody outbursts. He was among the few who stood by Aman Verma when he was caught in the ‘casting couch sting operation’ controversy. He also stepped forward to promote blind actor Naseer Khan’s film Shadow, despite not knowing him very well. His enmities too are played to the gallery. His public spats with Subhash Ghai (with whom he later made up), John Abraham, Vivek Oberoi and, most famously, SRK, are now legendary. A savvier man would have, in most cases, kept his head cool and his dislikes secret. But that is not Salman’s style. If he doesn’t like you, you will know it.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:10 am

█ Family matters a lot for Salman █
We all know Salman Khan, don't we? Every day there's a controversy about him - and many of the stories are not only justified, but also very true.

Sallu has always lived with controversy buzzing around him. From his hunting skills (good), to his driving skills (bad), to his people skills (good and bad), he's had tons written about him.

And he's known for being a hothead.

But whatever he has done and whatever he is today, Salman believes, is because of and for his family: “For me, my khandaan means a lot. No matter what's running on TV against me. It is always my family and brothers who stand next to me."
"Without their support it would have been very complicated for me to sustain my career," says Salman "my family is very sweet and very close to me and I love them a lot.”
Although the Khan khandaan is large they make sure that they break bread together at least once a week. “It’s not just three or four people. It’s more than 10 people, but we all make sure that we all will have lunch or dinner together often. Because many of us are busy outside of home it’s not possible to do it daily,” says Sallu.

When it comes to his family's kids he is very possessive. “I love the children and make sure that I spend as much time as possible with them. Nirvaan and Arhaan and Alizah are very close to me and I can't live without them, because kids bring happiness to every family,” says Sallu.

The one person whom he respects above all is his father, the family patriarch, Salim Khan. “Any father could have said to me: 'Get out, you are spoiling my name…' but my father never said this to me. I struggled a lot and with me he also struggled. But he was always an inspiration to me. He says if one is a good human being, one will find salvation, because good deeds always count. And he is the one influence who was been behind me every time,”

Source

Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 pm

According to sources, Salman Khan and his brothers Arbaaz and Sohail have also received the invitation cards.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm

Salman refuses young boy role
April 20, 2010 : Among the brigade of all of Bollywood's 40-something actors, Salman Khan is being the honest one. He is no longer afraid to admit that he is too old to play a young boy. Ahmed Khan's assistant, Abhishek Dogra approached him with a film offer and was politely turned down as Salman felt he was a little old for the role.

Abhishek narrated the story of his film to Salman at his residence at Galaxy Apartments in a one-and-a-half-hour long meeting. After Abhishek was done narrating the story to Salman, the latter asked him to cast a younger actor for the role.

According to sources, Salman's rejection of the role may have something to do with the fact that it was a three-hero project and Salman didn't appreciate the idea of sharing screen space with two other actors.

Though he didn't take on the offer, Salman suggested that the ending of the script could be a little different and even gave his ideas. Abhishek agreed that Salman's idea would make for a better climax and he is adding that to his script.

Abhishek sincerely hopes he can work with Salman sometime in future, despite having just lost out on a chance to do so. He is very thankful to the actor for his suggestions to the script.
--SAMPURN

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Abhishek stands up for Salman!
Meena Iyer , TNN, Apr 19, 2010, 12.00am IST

Don’t know how far this is true, but the story doing the rounds is that Abhishek Bachchan stood up for Salman Khan on a social networking platform when a misinformed journo attacked the macho actor for doing a hosiery commercial.

The journo reportedly said that “big league heroes don’t sell undergarments”. But Abhi, who is more Net savvy than Salman, rose to the latter’s defence valiantly and said that Salman was not the only top guy doing hosiery ads. There was also Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.

Which is true! But why did the journo conveniently omit their names and just pick on poor Salman, nobody knows. Nor why did AB Jr spring to Salman’s rescue given the, well, history behind them.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:09 am

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:28 pm

▌= Boney may Direct Salman Bhai = ▌
Boney Kapoor to direct his first film
By: Subhash K Jha Date: 2010-05-05 Place: Mumbai

But wife Sridevi won't feature in his debut as a director

After years in the movie business as a prolific Bollywood producer, Boney Kapoor is finally taking the plunge as a director. The project is likely to feature a bevy of top-notch actors including Salman Khan. Sorry to disappoint Sridevi's fans, but Boney won't be directing his wife, at least not in his directorial debut.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Salman = The Bone Collector
The Bone Collector

Salman Khan has decided to espouse the cause of bone marrow donation and plans to be among the donors'

Salman Khan has been known to do his bit for a number of causes, often going out of his way to donate and generate funds for Cancer and AIDS patients.

But he’s recently adopted another cause that’s caught his attention - bone marrow donation, which can prove a life saver for patients suffering from several critical diseases, including leukaemia and tuberculosis.

Apparently Salman came to know about the issue when he was informed by a friend about the difficulty faced by patients in procuring bone marrows because there are hardly any donors.

So now Salman is trying to create awareness about the issue and has even expressed his keenness to become a donor himself.

A source close to the actor reveals, “Salman first got to know about the lack of bone marrow donors through a friend. He has become quite net savvy of late and did a lot of research on the topic himself.

He found the dismal numbers of people donating the critical bone marrow which can save a life, primarily because not many people know that it’s not the same as blood donation. Compared to other countries, the situation in India is quite primitive.”

The source continues, “Salman, through his Being Human Foundation has decided to collect funds and also donate his own bone marrow. He has been urging his friends to join in the cause and has decided to hold camps to spread awareness on the issue.

”Salman first got to know about the lack of bone marrow donors through a friend

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:29 pm

Padmarajan's Innale gets a Hindi remake
Every Malayali is fond of the ace director P Padmarajan. He has numerous classic movies listed to his credit. Some of it includes Peruvazhiyambalam, Njan Gandharvan, Koodevide, Oridathoru Phayalvan, Namukkuparkkan Munthirithoppukal, Aparan, Moonnampakkam, Innale etc. Being a profound director, he is still remembered by all.

Buzz up!
His movie Innale had Jayaram, Shobhana, Sreevidya and Suresh Gopi playing the lead roles. It told the story of a girl who loses her memory in an accident, where she even forgets her husband and falls in love with another man. Nobody in her new life realizes her past. Her husband at last finds her out but seeing that she had forgotten him, leaves her to the other man.

Innale, a very emotional and heart melting movie, is getting a Hindi remake. Ajoy Varma, a Malayali director is the man behind this project. The movie is expected to feature Salman Khan in the role that Suresh Gopi had played in the original. Actress is yet to be confirmed but sources say it may be either Asin or Vidya Balan.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Khans, Kapoors in the house

Salman Khan’s father, Salim Khan does this often. He has special screenings of films for his special people.

And these films don’t necessarily have to star his sons — Salman, Arbaaz or Sohail. The senior Khan loves films and he sees to it that he has screenings whenever there is a multi-starrer or a big budget film released. So this time it was the Akshay Kumar-starrer that Salim Khan showed the Kapoor family and many of his other close friends. It was good to see Raj Kapoor’s wife, Krishna make an appearance as she rarely steps out, sometimes not even for film premieres of her own grandchildren — Ranbir and Kareena Kapoor. But this time she made an exception, perhaps comedy is what she likes or maybe she just couldn’t refuse Salim’s offer. Along with her came the bahu of the Kapoor family, the graceful Neetu Singh looking as fit as ever. Then there was also Asha Parekh and Shammi along with the members of the ‘Khan’daan — Helen and Salma Khan. We don’t know about Salman, but

Akshay must have been very happy with Salim’s gesture.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Riteish on Salman’s trail

Hindustan Times
Mumbai, May 08, 2010
First Published: 15:30 IST(8/5/2010)
Last Updated: 15:45 IST(8/5/2010)

Mottu’s back, with my Ethiopian kawah in one hand and her berry in the other. Now she wants me to hear that Imran Khan and Riteish Deshmukh have got more than a lakh followers on the micro-blogging site… and so has Salman Khan.
So? Only difference is that Sallu crossed the lakh a lot sooner than the two young Turks. So predictably, Deshmukh tweeted to the 40-plus star: “Bhai, we both entered 1,00,000 together on the same day. Only I started 50 years ago.” So very obvious, I tell you… but Mots remarks that even if Riteish started 100 years ago, Sallu would outrun him in a jiffy.

By the way, Sallu wants the Twitter guys to get rid of the fake Salman Khan. According to him, they have failed because: “Gyarah mulkon ki Twitter police mujhe dhoond rahi hai.”

However, he added, “But I am Twitter than them. Ek twutki me gayab ho jaunga...” Before Mottu goes on and on like a twit, I’ve asked her to tweet off.
Hmmph!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Salman romances friend’s daughter
23 May, 2010 12:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

At 43, Salman Khan remains the hottest hunk and amongst the most eligible bachelors of Bollywood. Two decades since his debut, Salman still exudes the same youthful charm. While most of his contemporaries like Anil Kapoor, Govinda and Sanjay Dutt have moved on to more matured characters in films, Salman still plays the trademark Bollywood hero and is being paired opposite second generation actresses who happen to be daughters of his one-time contemporaries.

Here are some present day actresses who love being paired opposite Salman Khan.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Shah Rukh, Salman Khan to play cricket together
Updated at: 1146 PST, Saturday, May 22, 2010

MUMBAI: Their infamous row has hogged headlines for a long time but Bollywood superstars Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan will come together for a charity match during IIFA this years.

The actors, who have not been on speaking terms for last two years, will unite to face Sri Lankan cricketers during the match, which will help raise funds for the rehabilitation of former child soldiers.

The actors became bitter enemies after their fight during the birthday party of actress Katrina Kaif in 2008.

Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu and Sanjay Dutt will flip the coin for the toss during the match, which will be organised on the day two of IIFA weekend.

Shah Rukh, will also perform during the three-day-long extravaganza to be held in Colombo June 3-5, after a gap of five years.[/b]

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Soft-hearted Sallu

May 19, 2010 - 10:10 AM

That tough-looking Salman Khan is a softie is well-known by now. A few recent incidents endorse it further. Recently, while shooting in Wai for Dabangg he gave second life to a fish. The fish, which was supposed to be his meal, was gasping on being netted out of the waters. Salman couldn’t bear to see the hapless fish and put it back into the river again. On another occasion, when they were shooting at ND Studios in Karjat, a cat kept mewing continuously. So before he sat to have lunch, he asked his help to first attend to the cat. He said, “Iss billi ko chhup karao. Isko doodh pilao (Stop the cat’s crying, feed her milk)!” The pampered cat could not have felt happier.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Deepika has a Salman connect

TNN, May 19, 2010, 12.00am IST

Arpita Khan, Salman Khan’s youngest sister, is a favourite with a lot of Bollywood actors. In fact every time a heroine wants to ‘patao’ Salman she first tries to befriend Arpita, who is very popular on the party circuit.

But Deepika Padukone’s friendship with Arpita has no ulterior motives. Both are young and have found some things in common so they have a cool relationship.

In fact, when Deepika had a screening of one of her recent flicks, she was bonding with Arpita at the venue.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next