Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

• Wanted • News / Info

Go down 
+3
salmandev
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Synopsis

Radhe (Salman Khan) is one of the wheels of the mafias, but with a difference. He is a trained street fighter and shooter who is totally fearless. A man who can keep his cool, in a situation where death itself is looking at him in the eye. He is rebellious and loves to defy authority. He cannot think of being in any other position but the leader's, always fighting his way to impossible goals. He works for Ganibhai, the most dreaded Mafioso, but on his own terms.

Mafia Don Ganibhai (Prakash Raj) has a great mind for strategy, which is razor sharp. He stays in a foreign country but comes to India whenever the need arises. He is revered and feared by friends and foes alike. Ganibhai is the worst enemy anyone could wish for. He is vindictive to the point of being sadistic. He will not only destroy his enemy but wipe him off completely.

Radhe is in love with a girl named Jhanvi (Ayesha Takia). They share a strange love hate relationship. Jhanvi tries to change him by imploring him to leave the world of crime, but Radhe, though he loves her, is too hardcore a criminal to adhere to her wishes.

Radhe moves ahead in his criminal world by single handedly eliminating Ganibhai's enemies with his wit, grit and fearless strategy. A time comes when Ganibhai, whom Radhe has never seen arrives in India specially to meet him. He then offers Radhe a job, which Radhe for the first time refuses point blank, in return making Ganibhai his biggest enemy. Then comes the surprise element of the story, a twist that changes the very premise on which the story is based on. A shocking twist that makes Radhe - WANTED by the mafia and by the law.

Last edited by Administrator on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
kajol131

kajol131

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Administrator wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG KYA SEXY HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't breath !!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://salman-khan.frenchboard.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 pm

ya kajol......... the most sexiest bachelor... !!
Back to top Go down
kajol131

kajol131

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:12 pm

yes sooooooooo hotttttttttttt !!!!! he also lost a lot of weight !!! Still Handsome and sexyy !
Back to top Go down
http://salman-khan.frenchboard.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Salman Khan WANTED

Finally last night Salman Khan and Boney Kapoor held a press meet for their upcoming project “WANTED’ in a grand way where Sallu turned host for the occasion.
“This is the most awaited movie, and I am confident that it will be a big hit as this is a hero centric film. After watching this flick I am sure each one of you would like to be as Radhe Mohan, which is my character,” stated a confident Salman.
The shooting of the film has taken place over many places like Mumbai, Bangkok and Greece. “Greece has not been much exploited in any other movies, as it has been done in WANTED,” stated Boney Kapoor.
The film had waited for a release for almost two years and the reason behind it was the financing. When we asked Boney Kapoor about his kadki in life he replied, “This kadki has always been there in my life.”
To this Salman immediately quipped, “My father has always said that we had become poor, but never broken (kadke hai par toote nahi hai…).”
There is lot of action and dance in the film. Boney revealed some secrets about Sallu, like he was apprehensive when it came to fight sequences, after watching the Telgu version of the film, but at the end he gave his best as usual. ”
About dancing it was Prabhudeva, so obviously I had to work more hard and I did. I copied his steps, but when I saw it in the video it was very different,” chirps Salman.
Not many people know that Salman had a major hand in selection of the music too. The actor has also sung a title track for the film, and Sajid Wajid was very happy with the outcome of the final song. “Salman has that bang in his voice and he has done a real good job,” they say in unison.
At the end it was a treat for every eye as Sallu and the best dancer of the industry Prabhu Deva matched the steps on stage. Ayesha too was present at the event, but poor girl did not have much to talk about. Media had a lot to talk about her dressing sense, as we all know that she is soon to come up with her own line of dresses.
The actress really need some helps when it comes to fashion, or else it will be quite difficult for Ayesha to get customers in her boutique.
-Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Wanted Press Meet COvered
____

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

If this film doesn’t work, I will stop working hard- Salman Khan

August 19th, 2009 - 3:25 pm ICT by sampurn -

Salman you have done the action all by yourself in WANTED. Are you satisfied with the final result?

I am quite satisfied, as I have gone through a lot of training for this film and have stretched myself a lot. May it be dancing or action, I needed the training, and the outcome of it has been good, according to me.

Politicians are blaming actors on going to any extent for the publicity of their film. What is your comment on that?

Sorry I could not hear you… (Ever-diplomatic Sallu just refused to answer this question)

What is the reason for taking up this film?

The reason for taking up WANTED was the script and the jazba of working hard in it. Now if the film does not work, then I will stop working hard. As I know I have worked hard for this movie and believe that this is one of the best.

Your characters name Radhe Mohan, is the same as it was in your previous film Tere Naam. What similarity do these two characters have?

In Tere Naam, Radhe was a college boy who was hit badly and he goes mad at the end, but here Radhe is a man and no body can even touch him, as it will be very easy for him to bury them underground.

Can you elaborate on your character in the film?

I essay the role of a contract killer in the film, and if somebody gives a supari on your name I will kill you also (grins).

Asin was originally cast in this film. What was the reason of replacing her with Ayesha Takiya?

We wanted Ayesha so we cast her in the film, and come on guys she was getting married too and so we were planning to release this film before her marriage. Asin got her share in London Dreams toh humne setting karli hai…

How different is this film from its Telugu version?

In this film there is humor, and different kind of action keeping in mind our audiences. It’s not the ditto copy of the Telugu version, but we have our own inputs too, which sets this film apart from the South movie.

This film has a lot of action and so did Ghajini, which was full with loads of action? So do you think this film will work on the same lines?

Ghajini worked not because of its action, but because of its romance. I have seen it and liked it also, but it was a different story altogether. This film is hero centric, and you will feel that I would like to be like Radhe Mohan after coming out of the theatre.

You have sung the song in WANTED. How was your experience?

It was like I was just dubbing some lines for the song, when suddenly the idea of singing the full song popped up in my mind. Sajid and Wajid took my voice to the studio, put some masala and presented it. So if you like the song you know the story behind my voice. (Laughs)

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:36 pm

HT COVERAGE
___

_
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Salman goes out of his way for Prabhu Deva!

August 21st, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by sampurn -

Salman Khan does not seem to believe in the “Tit for Tat’ theory. Perhaps, that’s the reason he has a stronghold over the film industry- despite showing his displeasure over the mismanagement of monetary deals by producers, he remains at his helping best in return.
Salman yet again displayed his big heartedness, this time for the producer of his film WANTED. According to reliable sources close to the film, “Salman Khan was all up to help his producer come out of a difficult situation, as the shooting was about to wrap up due to a confusion. Prabhu wanted a specific location to shoot a few sequence of the song “Jalwa’ for his forthcoming film Wanted. However, on the day of the shoot, the location manager, by mistake had booked the place for two units, out of which one unit was already shooting there.”
The source goes on to add, “Prabhu Deva was about to call it a day, and started pack-up for the unit when Salman used his charm and requested the other unit’s production manager for shooting. And the next minute, our unit was all set-up to start and roll.”
As we mentioned earlier, there’s no Tit for Tat in Salman’s dictionary as Sallu Miya freely extends a helping hand to Producers; even though some of them cut his fee in the name of recession!

-Esha Razdan/ Sampurn Media

Source :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Salman puts on his Dancing Shoes!

August 21st, 2009

Salman Khan will be seen dancing at his best to the tunes of Ganpati song titled ‘Jalwa’ in his forthcoming film Wanted. And why not, when the dancing demi-God Prabhu Deva himself has taken the charge, nothing but the best is expected. Prabhu Deva has turned director with this film.

“Although the film has dancing number in abundance, but Prabhu Deva chose to choreograph only this song along with Rajiv Surti, who has choreographed the other songs in the film,” confirms a reliable source. The source further adds, “The song is the depiction of Salman’s character in the film, but has a flavor of his real life as well. So, Salman was really charged up to give his best. This was the only song for which he rehearsed the steps days before the shoot, so that he could match up to Prabhu’s expectation; since Prabhu is known as a task master, Salman worked extra hard.”

The macho man himself confirmed about his new achievement. “This is the best song in the film; I am amazed to see the dance I have done. And I can’t believe it. (Yakeen hi nahin hota, ki aisa bhi ho sakta hai) Prabhu has not only choreographed, but is also featured in the song. He is simply fantastic and I am not all that great as compared to Prabhu Deva. Nevertheless, as per my dancing capacity, I feel I have done a good job,” Salman Khan says excitedly.

Whoa! Prabhu Deva and Salman Khan, a deadly combination. WANTED will be eagerly awaited by one and all. So we can safely say that if not the adrenalin pumping action then perhaps the disco moves might end up as the USP of Wanted, Wotsay Sallu Miyan?

-Esha Razdan

Source :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 pm

WANTED gets red hot: EROS picks up Overseas!

August 21, 2009 3:52:29 PM IST
Abid, Bollywood Trade News Network

Though a few Eids have seen setbacks in the form of KYON KI and JAAN-E-MANN (along with Akshay Kumar), but it appears that Salman Khan is all ready to set the score right this time around with his upcoming, WANTED. And here are a few pointers to that.

News from reliable trade sources is that WANTED is being booked on fantastic minimum guarantees (MG) by different theatres. Santosh Cinema, Hyderabad has booked the Salman Khan starrer on an MG of Rs. 15,01,000 plus an advance of Rs. 5 lakhs.

CHECK OUT: Salman's heart in pain during 'Teri Yaad Satati Hai'

At Minakshi, Aligarh (U.P.), the film has got an MG of Rs. 9 lakhs. Point to be noted is that from the same theatre the distributor's share of the All Time Blockbuster GHAJINI was Rs. 7.60 lakhs.

Giriraj, Navsari (Gujarat) has booked the film on an MG of Rs.6.11 lakhs. The distributor's share for GHAJINI from the Navsari cinema was Rs. 5.40 lakhs.

It is becoming clearer that the exhibitors and distributors are really excited about WANTED, which is getting hotter with each passing day and that it might certainly be Salman Khan's comeback film, after a series of setbacks.

While on WANTED, after tasting good Overseas success with LOVE AAJ KAL and also KAMBAKKHT ISHQ, EROS International have now picked up the Overseas rights of the BSK Entertainment venture as well.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:58 am

Salman believes in one God

TNN 22 August 2009, 12:00am IST

This is a bit of a coincidence, really. Salman Khan shooting a song called Jalwa for his new film — Sahara Motion Pictures and S K Films Entertainment’s Wanted, that is picturised on Lord Ganesh, the presiding deity of Mumbai.

The film is slated for release on September 18, the promos are on the air, and look... it’s Ganeshotsav tomorrow!

Salman is a believer in Lord Ganesh, though his faith is Islam, and he also celebrates Christmas at home. That is because the ‘Khan’daan at Galaxy Apartments in Bandra west, is happily among the most cosmopolitan families in Mumbai. Father Salim Khan’s first wife Salma is a Maharashtrian Brahmin and the second, is former Bollywood swinger Helen, a Catholic. They celebrate Eid, Ganpati, Diwali and Christmas.

This year, again, Ganeshotsav and the holy month of Ramazan come together. The Khans are not always rozedars, they do not keep the rozas, but the parties, the drinking and the fun, is cut down during the holy period. Iftaars are held in the evening, the Khans prepare thals of food and delicacies that are sent to orphanages, old age homes, friends and relatives. And yes, they devoutly perform the Ganpati aarti because mother Salma brings home an idol of Lord Ganesh every year.

Salman takes time off from shootings to be home for the Ganeshotsav celebrations. And he participates in the aarti, sings and dances with the family as they cross the road and immerse the idol in the Bandra coast on visarjan day. “My house is a place for all kinds of worship,” the Bollywood hunk had told BT, “God is one, the route we take to connect with Him is different, par manzil toh ek hai.” And while he worships Ganpati, he has no special prayers to make before the Lord. “He has given me everything... how much more greedy should I become,” Salman asked.

Meanwhile, fans will see him celebrate Ganeshotsav in Wanted through the song Jalwa. It was shot all over Mumbai in ten days and features 200 junior artists and dancers. South dancing legend Prabhudeva choreographed the song along with Rajiv Surti and got Salman to dance like he has never before. They rehearsed for days before the shoot so that Salman could match up to Prabhudeva’s expectations. Salman himself could not help admitting, “It’s really amazing to see the dance steps I have done. I can’t believe that it’s me in the song, dancing like this, yakeen hi nahin hota ki aisa bhi kuch ho sakta hai! Prabhu is also in this song. As per my dancing capacity, what I’ve done is great, but itna bhi great nahin as compared to Prabhu!”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/QUOTE]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:59 am

Deadly combination: Salman Khan and Prabhu Deva

Saturday, August 22, 2009, 13:28 [IST]

Salman Khan will be seen dancing at his best to the tunes of Ganpati song titled 'Jalwa' in his forthcoming film Wanted. And why not, when the dancing demi-God Prabhu Deva himself has taken the charge, nothing but the best is expected. Prabhu Deva has turned director with this film.

Buzz up!
“Although the film has dancing number in abundance, but Prabhu Deva chose to choreograph only this song along with Rajiv Surti, who has choreographed the other songs in the film,” confirms a reliable source. The source further adds, “The song is the depiction of Salman’s character in the film, but has a flavour of his real life as well. So, Salman was really charged up to give his best. This was the only song for which he rehearsed the steps days before the shoot, so that he could match up to Prabhu’s expectation; since Prabhu is known as a task master, Salman worked extra hard.”

The macho man himself confirmed about his new achievement. “This is the best song in The Film ; I am amazed to see the dance I have done. And I can’t believe it. (Yakeen hi nahin hota, ki aisa bhi ho sakta hai) Prabhu has not only choreographed, but is also featured in the song. He is simply fantastic and I am not all that great as compared to Prabhu Deva. Nevertheless, as per my dancing capacity, I feel I have done a Good job,” Salman Khan says excitedly.

Whoa! Prabhu Deva and Salman Khan , a deadly combination. Wanted will be eagerly awaited by one and all. So we can safely say that if not the adrenalin pumping action then perhaps the disco moves might end up as the USP of Wanted, Wotsay Sallu Miyan?
[/B]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm

Salman sings, dances, charms fans

September 3rd, 2009 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS Tell a Friend -

Ayesha Takia Noida, Sep 2 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was late by almost two hours for an event here late Wednesday but he made up for all of it by dancing with the audience and crooning a song from his forthcoming film “Wanted”.

Despite a shower, the crowd just didn’t budge, waiting for the star and screaming “Salman, Salman”.

Clad in a pair of blue jeans and an earthy tee, he set the stage on fire when he gave up to their cries of “Salman sing, Salman dance” and sung “Love me, love me” from the film and shook a leg too.

The actor was at the Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), Marwah Studios, to promote “Wanted”, releasing Sep 18.

Produced by Boney Kapoor, it has been debut-directed by choreographer Prabhu Deva. It also stars Ayesha Takia in the lead.

Known for his macho image, Salman, who is foraying back into an all-action film with “Wanted”, also promised “mindblowing” fight sequences in the thriller.

“There is a lot of action in the film and it is going to be mindblowing. Mind you, it has all been done by me and not by a body double,” he said.

“We haven’t even used the usual cable work that much, so it has been very difficult and I even pulled a hamstring during one of the running sequences that took three months to heal. But it has all been worth the effort,” he added.

Also present at the event were the director and the film’s music composer duo Sajid-Wajid alongside AAFT boss Sandeep Marwah.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Love me, love me: Salman

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was late by almost two hours for an event here late Wednesday but he made up for all of it by dancing with the Salman Khan More Pics
audience and crooning a song from his forthcoming film "Wanted".

Despite a shower, the crowd just didn't budge, waiting for the star and screaming "Salman, Salman".

Clad in a pair of blue jeans and an earthy tee, he set the stage on fire when he gave up to their cries of "Salman sing, Salman dance" and sung "Love me, love me" from the film and shook a leg too.

The actor was at the Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), Marwah Studios, to promote "Wanted", releasing Sep 18.

Produced by Boney Kapoor, it has been debut-directed by choreographer Prabhu Deva. It also stars Ayesha Takia in the lead.

Known for his macho image, Salman, who is foraying back into an all-action film with "Wanted", also promised "mindblowing" fight sequences in the thriller.

"There is a lot of action in the film and it is going to be mindblowing. Mind you, it has all been done by me and not by a body double," he said.

"We haven't even used the usual cable work that much, so it has been very difficult and I even pulled a hamstring during one of the running sequences that took three months to heal. But it has all been worth the effort," he added.

Also present at the event were the director and the film's music composer duo Sajid-Wajid alongside AAFT boss Sandeep Marwah.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Salman has shot for 30 public awareness films as part of Wanted promotions

By Subhash K. Jha, September 2, 2009 - 12:06 IST

Trust Salman Khan to always court extremes. Till date, he never did a short film on any public issue. But now, starting next month, we'll see him in as many as 30 of these films on television one after another, all for a cause.

Salman Khan has never done so much media publicity before, and there's a good reason for it. Almost all the marketing for Wanted will benefit Salman's new charity concern Being Human in one way or another.

In fact Boney Kapoor's company has created 30 public-awareness short films with Salman which will begin airing a week before the release of Wanted. These films will have Salman addressing the public about social issues such as drugs, old people, crime, etc.

Boney says, "Its true, Salman's keen interest in marketing Wanted has a lot to do with his newly-discovered craving for organized social work. This was a side of Salman that always existed. It just needed to be harnessed. Earlier too he contributed hugely to charitable and social causes. But not in this organized fashion."

The 30 short films directed by Nikhil Saini are expected to give Salman a new image. He has always been seen to have the picture of an enfant-terrible. Now Salman wants to change that. He has seen his colleagues create public awareness. Now it's his turn.

Says Boney, "About time. The 30 short films will be unleashed in quick succession one after another. Salman is one of the best human beings I've met. We first bonded over Vodka and Barcardi in Hyderabad when he was shooting for Judwaa and I for Judaai. Later I asked him to do a 2-day appearance in Sirf Tum. He immediately agreed. When I asked his fee he said he wanted another drinking session like the one in Hyderabad. Then he did No Entry for me at time when I was going through a low. Even for Milenge Milenge he agreed to a cameo until he opted out for whatever reason." Salman had abandoned the project because of differences with Shahid Kapoor.

Says Boney, "For Wanted, we wanted Salman to completely abandon the bad boy image. Salman is a youth icon. And those 30 short films on public issues we've produced will project him as a responsible citizen and an icon who knows his duties."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Salman grills the media for a change!

TNN 3 September 2009, 12:00am IST

Hold your breath, this one’s for the record books.

The man who the media loves to hate and vice versa actually sat down in a closed room, at a ZOOM studio to grill the media on what he thought should be the right way to conduct journalism.

Salman Khan was very excited at the prospect of sitting across ZOOM editor — Omar Qureshi, Bombay Times editor — Mark Manuel and Mumbai Mirror, Ent. Editor — Indu Mirani and asked them some hard-hitting questions. Some were on the lines of, “Kya aap log Quran, Geeta pe haath rakh ke article likhte hain? How can you trust your sources? Why don’t you put their names below the articles?

How believable are these PROs who give you stories to promote their stars?” The media also replied in the same vein to make for a crackling, revetting show to be aired on ZOOM this Saturday and all this week. Don’t miss Sallu at his vitriolic and humourous best. No wonder this man is so ‘Wanted’ by the media!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

WANTED - 7 action scenes in 90 days!
September 8, 2009 3:06:31 PM IST

Abid, Bollywood Trade News Network

Upcoming Eid release, the Salman Khan-Ayesha Takia starrer, WANTED, has some amazing action sequences and we had informed our patrons almost a year in advance as to how much of an effort Salman Khan was putting in to make the action scenes look authentic. We also told you how Salman had hit the gym, given up smoking and drinking and was leading a much disciplined life in order to make his character believable. And seeing the amazing action promos we are convinced that we were right.

This was confirmed by none other than Salman himself who when speaking about the type of action in his film said that there are seven major action sequences in WANTED, which were so very elaborate and dangerous that they took almost ninety days to be canned. Now we know why there was a delay in making of the film. He further revealed that though the stunts were dangerous, he performed all the stunts himself and did not take the help of any duplicate and that he had to work really hard to shoot them.

Salman credited the action director Vijay, who really helped him in carrying out those amazing action scenes effectively. He also remembered the day producer, Boney Kapoor and director, Prabhu Deva showed him POKKIRI (the Telugu version of which WANTED is a remake) and Salman asked them, ''Am I too supposed to do all those action sequences and stunts?'' and to that they replied, ''Yes, that is why we have taken you as the hero!''

Well, surely after seeing the film, the audience too will agree with Boney and Prabhu, and if the promos are any indication, WANTED certainly looks a winner!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:09 pm

Bollywood hunk Salman Khan's will be walking on the ramp during Kolkata Fashion Week which begins September 9.

Salman has many times walked on fashion ramps but this is the first time he will be walking on the ramp to promote his upcoming film ‘Wanted’.

Wanted, is very important for the actor as he hasn’t given a hit for a long time. Hence Salman is making every possible effort to promote his film. Wanted will be soon released in theatres.

Wanted is directed by actor and famous dancer Prabhu Deva. Bollywood actress Ayesha Takia has been paired opposite Salman Khan.

Salman will be walking the ramp for very famous fashion designer Vikram Phadnis. Both have known each other for long time hence the actor gladly accepted when Vikram offered him to walk on the ramp.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:10 pm

First up, is Wanted, and Salman claims that he loved the script. "Plus, after a long time, a film is being made on heroism," he says. "I did a lot of love stories and comedies. Now, I want to do something different. This film needed a lot of hard work. If it does not do well, I will stop working hard and do the usual kind of films (laughs)."

What hard work is he talking about? The stunts. Apparently, when Salman saw the original film -- Telugu film Pokiri -- he immediately okayed the film to producer Boney Kapoor. But the next day, he called up Boney again and said that he would not be able to do the stunts, as they were very difficult. Boney managed to convince him but not before Salman told the producer to hire a different stunt director -- and add a lot of special effects -- so that the stunts would be simpler.

Salman spent 90 days out of his total 160 days of shooting doing stunt scenes. He did the stunts himself, and did not even injure himself.

The other 'hard work' was the dance. Prabhudeva, being the dance god that he is, was expected to have great dance moves in his film. Salman felt that if Prabhudeva made him dance, his 'bones would break.'

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 pm

So how did he get over his apprehensions? "I have done 17 years of Jazz and Bharat Natyam," he says. "Action is not a problem -- it's in my genes (laughs). My action master is the strictest taskmaster -- he has acted with big actors in the south and everyone listens to him. On the first day of the shoot, I went to the sets in shorts. I had a terrible hangover. He asked me to jump, roll, fall and god knows what else. I started thinking that by the end of the stunt, my knees and back would be broken. But then, you can see the good results in the film."

Wit intact, Salman narrated a funny incident on the sets of Wanted before signing off. "My villa [in Greece] was on a hill, so I would to jog to the shooting location every morning. At the start of my jog, three dogs would start following me. As I went further, more and more dogs would join in. By the time I reached the location, there would be about 40-50 dogs following me. Unko lagta ta tha ki kutto ka king aagaya isliye mere peeche aate the [they used to think the king of the dogs was jogging, so they would follow me]. What was stranger was that none of the dogs fought amongst each other or even barked at each other. And when I would return to my villa, the dogs would file off to their respective lanes, and by the time I reached, those three dogs who followed me from the start remained."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Five reasons to watch Salman Khan’s ‘Wanted’

_

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Ayesha Takia Praises Salman Khan

Gorgeous Ayesha has done commendable work in Dor and 8 x 10 Tasveer. And now she is all set to spellbound the audience with her performance in her recent movie ‘Wanted’.

She is extremely excited about her forthcoming release and expects that she stands up to the expectations of her fans. She is full of respect and admiration for her co-star Salman Khan. She considers Salman doing justice to every co-actor’s role and not over-shadowing them.

She is all in praises for him and said, “He is very generous and incredible. Many actors try to steal their co-stars’ screen space; but Salman is super-confident and secure. He will never do that. I find that truly admirable.’’

Ayesha is selective about choosing film as she lays more importance on quality than quantity. She says “I want to do films that will be remembered, not run-of-the-mill stuff where I stand behind looking pretty as a picture.”

Presently, she is doing just one more film, which is Revathy Verma’s Aap Ke Liye Hum with Jaya Bachchan and Raveena Tandon.

Ayesha clarifies that nothing has changed after she got married. She insists that everything is still the same with her and that she is committed to her work the same way as she was before marriage.

The actress says about her married life that “Getting hitched hasn’t changed anything. I feel exactly the same. I was seeing Farhan for five years before I married him. We knew from day one that we were committed to each other and would marry. I’m now officially his wife, and though our marriage is six months old, everything around me is the same. I still spend most of my days with my husband, I shoot whenever I have to, I continue to take interest in the business that mom and I have set up. I repeat nothing has changed.’’

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:44 pm

MUMBAI: After two years lying low following a string of box office flops, Bollywood's enigmatic ‘bad boy’ Salman Khan is set for a comeback, in three new films about to hit the big screen.

The first, ‘Wanted’, is out on Friday. The comedy ‘Main Aur Mrs Khanna’ (Me and Mrs Khanna) and ‘London Dreams’, about two friends who try to become rock stars in London, are set for release in the next two months.

Khan, 43, said he was confident ‘Wanted’ would succeed. The movie sees him play a gangster on the run from police — including a top cop played by veteran actor Om Puri — and from fellow gang members who want him dead.

‘It's the script of the film,’ he said. ‘It has all the ingredients of a Bollywood potboiler. When I read the script, I was 100 percent that it will click.’

Khan has been a controversial figure since he first broke into Bollywood in the late 1980s in the family drama ‘Biwi Ho To Aisi’ (A Wife Should Be Like This) and the romance ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ (I'm In Love).

He cemented himself as one of Bollywood's leading stars with hits such as ‘Bhaaghi: A Rebel For Love’, ‘Patthar Ke Phool’ (Stone Flowers), ‘Saajan’(Hearthrob) and ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ (Who Am I To You?) in the 1990s.

But in 1998, he spent more than a week in prison for killing endangered Indian gazelles in the northern state of Rajasthan, and four years later he was alleged to have killed a man in a drink-driving case in Mumbai.

After the runaway success of 2003's ‘Tere Naam’ (In Your Name), the last five years have seen more misses than hits for Khan, yet he has kept his high profile and fans through regular appearances on television game shows.

Khan, with his trademark slicked-back hair, two gold earrings and t-shirts designed to show off his bulging biceps, puts down his appeal to a lack of pretence.

‘I don't behave like a star when I'm on television. I look like a common man and also behave like them, therefore the serial is popular,’ he said.

Asked what went wrong with his career in the last two years, he added: ‘I feel it was the length of the films that went against me.

‘Today, Indian audiences don't have the patience for long films and therefore the films flopped because they were lengthy films.’

Khan's three new films have been accompanied by a blizzard of pre-publicity, astounding the Indian media who have become accustomed to their requests for interviews falling on deaf ears or being accepted only reluctantly.

Column inches have been dedicated instead to speculation on the keen body-builder's love life after he was pictured with a string of leading Bollywood actresses, including former Miss World Aishwarya Rai.

His current girlfriend is the model-turned-actress Katrina Kaif.

‘I have realised that it is important to talk to the media,’ said Khan.

‘I feel if I keep silent, the media starts inventing stories about me, so it is better that I come out and talk on what kind of person I am rather than they telling others what kind of person I am.’

But Monday's Hindustan Times newspaper speculated that there may be another reason behind what it called Khan's ‘over-exposure’, suggesting that he might have ‘a lot more to lose’ if ‘Wanted’ flops.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 pm

All you wanted to know about 'Wanted'

_

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Prabhu Deva keeps his promise to Salman

September 15th, 2009 - 6:57 am ICT by sampurn -

Wanted was not the first choice of chorographer turned director Prabhu Deva as a debut directorial venture. In fact, Prabhu and Boney Kapoor had a romantic-comedy in mind before Salman insisted Prabhu to begin with an action-thriller and cast him in the main-lead.
Prabhu Deva goes down the memory lane and confirms, “Yes, I had decided to begin with romantic-comedy, but I was recommended to do an action-thriller by Salman Bhai.” He goes on to add, “In fact, I did nothing, but kept my promise to Salman Bhai to cast him in my debut venture. I was over-whelmed by his sweet gesture to remind me. I could not refuse and went ahead with Wanted, which is remake of a Tamil film “Pokiri’.
” Well, Prabhu, you are not the first one. Salman’s charming ways has mesmerized many a hearts! So, all we can say is all the best with Wanted.

-Esha Razdan/ Sampurn Media

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: • Wanted • News / Info   • Wanted • News / Info - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

• Wanted • News / Info
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next