Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
+3
Ghani
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
shahram

shahram

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Salman will work with fresh or lesser know faces after Wanted

PS: Veer, Dabangg, Most Wanted (the sequel to Wanted) and Sajid Nadiadwala's next; all have new girls

The urge to be a star-maker has now hit Salman big-time. He realises he doesn't need a weighty leading lady to shoulder a film. Most of his forthcoming films, including the ones on the floors, have new leading ladies instead of established actresses.

Fresh cast
Boney Kapoor's sequel of Wanted - Most Wanted - is just one of the few. Prabhudeva will direct again. The film will have two fresh faces as leading ladies. Even his next film with Sajid Nadiadwala titled Sanki will have a newbie.

According to Boney, "Once you have Salman on board, it doesn't matter who comes on afterwards."
Strangely most of Salman's films with established heroines like Salaam-E-Ishq and God Tussi Great Ho (both with Priyanka Chopra), Jann-E-Man, Heroes (with Preity Zinta), Kareena Kapoor (Kyun Ki) and Katrina Kaif (Hello, Yuvraaj) have flopped, whereas films with new or less mainstream heroines like Tera Naam (Bhumika Chawla), Lucky (Sneha Ullal) and Wanted (Ayesha Takia) have clicked.

Rewriting history
Salman's blossoming coterie of faithful producers are designing films that require new leading ladies. Brother Arbaaz Khan's Dabangg features Sonakshi Sinha opposite the bada bhai, who plays a dirty, rugged cop. Salman has apparently asked Sajid Nadiadwala to create a role that would be very different from anything that he has done before.

Naya chehra
SN confirms, "Salman and I are doing another film together. We've done it all from Judwa to Jaan-e-Mann. Now we want to do something that will bring out another facet of Salman's personality, and take him to a new level. And yes, the girl will be a newcomer. After tasting success with the formulistic Wanted, Salman Khan is on the look-out for scripts that would excite and challenge him as an actor."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:37 am

It's Salman Khan time in Bollywood

Salman Khan is back with a new look in Veer. It is touted as a period film with an epic feel. Here are different looks of Sallu over the time..

Salman steps into Big B's shoes!
The actor is all set to play double role in the remake of Amitabh Bachchan-Hema Malini multi-starrer Satte Pe Satta. The movie would be directed by David Dhawan, if rumours are to be believed. Read more...

It's Salman Khan time in Bollywood Aamir, Salman reunite after fifteen years?

It's Salman Khan time in Bollywood. With his full-on actioner Wanted becoming a hit, the superstar has millions of rupees riding on his shoulders with three more big-budget films lined up. And all his friends in the industry - from David Dhawan to Vipul Shah - are rejoicing at the actor's success.

Wanted earned about Rs 38 crore (Rs380 million) across the country in its first week and industry experts feel that the film's good business will help Salman's forthcoming releases - Main aur Mrs. Khanna, London Dreams and Veer.

"Salman always knew when and where to strike. He was always very confident about Wanted and this is the reason why he went all out to promote the film," Dhawan, who has worked with Salman in more than half a dozen films, told IANS.

"Forget first weekend collections; it was sheer havoc when Eid festivities began. Audience response inside auditoriums was unprecedented," he added.

Directed by Prabhu Deva, Wanted was a raw action-drama comparable to Aamir Khan's Ghajini.

"Salman may have done one or two bad films in recent times due to which it appeared to some that he was no more in the reckoning. They were mistaken though because he is beyond hits and flops," said Abbas Burmawalla of director duo Abbas-Mustan.

"His strong fan base could sense from a distance that Wanted was a film to watch out for and turned it into such a huge success," he added.

Salman's Yuvvraaj and God Tussi Great Ho bombed at the box office and many believed he was down and out. But the industry doesn't quite believe so.

" 'Wanted' is Salman's one-man show. Yes, everyone involved with the film has done a fabulous job, but it is Salman's pull that got the audiences into theatres. Otherwise director Prabhu Deva was making his first Hindi film while Ayesha Takia isn't amongst the top three heroines that we have today," said Sanjay Kapoor, brother of Boney Kapoor who produced Wanted".

"He gave Wanted his full support and led the entire promotional campaign. He was supremely excited about the film and gave his heart, body, soul and time to its making followed by promotion," he added.

Vipul Shah, who has worked with Salman in the film London Dreams that releases Oct 30, is happy that Salman's three-film stint this year has got off to a good start with Wanted.

"My promotion plan though is not as expensive as that of Wanted. We are going right ahead in creating awareness around London Dreams, but the spillover of Wanted should also help our campaign. Since Wanted is all over, I am sure the euphoria and Salman's presence amongst audiences will continue for many more weeks to come," said Shah.

Filmmaker Suneel Darshan, who has never worked with Salman, is a little guarded before declaring this as a golden run of the actor.

"Wanted has done quite well in India but its fate in the overseas market has been contradictory. With crores of rupees riding on his shoulders in the current season on Veer, London Dreams and Main aur Mrs.Khanna, all due to release shortly, god forbid if anything goes wrong, it will have severe repercussions on the industry's economy. This is just another interesting phase for Salman...," he said.

Himesh Reshammiya, with whom Salman has had a decade-long association, has a final word though. "Salman was a superstar, is a superstar and will always remain a superstar."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:38 am

There is no war between Shah Rukh Khan and me: Salman Khan
Calcutta News.Net
Wednesday 14th October, 2009 (IANS)
Bollywood actor Salman Khan says there is no war or rivalry between him and his colleague Shah Rukh Khan. He said stories of friction between them are created by the media and that he is tired of such 'news'.

'There is no war between us. It is the media who creates all this misunderstanding,' Salman said Tuesday after his 'Being Human' show at the ongoing HDIL India Couture Week.

'You will ask me some question about him here and then you will ask him the same question regarding me somewhere else - then you clip them together and run it continuously on TV screens for days creating unnecessary hype and misunderstanding,' he added.

The actor clarified that he is tired of such rumours and doesn't enjoy them at all.

'I would request you to show respect to him and me as well. I am tired of all this. Aren't you people bored too?' asked Salman.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Salman will work with fresh or lesser know faces after Wanted
By: Subhash K Jha Date: 2009-10-13 Place: Mumbai

PS: Veer, Dabangg, Most Wanted (the sequel to Wanted) and Sajid Nadiadwala's next; all have new girls

The urge to be a star-maker has now hit Salman big-time. He realises he doesn't need a weighty leading lady to shoulder a film. Most of his forthcoming films, including the ones on the floors, have new leading ladies instead of established actresses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fresh cast
Boney Kapoor's sequel of Wanted - Most Wanted - is just one of the few. Prabhudeva will direct again. The film will have two fresh faces as leading ladies. Even his next film with Sajid Nadiadwala titled Sanki will have a newbie.
According to Boney, "Once you have Salman on board, it doesn't matter who comes on afterwards."
Strangely most of Salman's films with established heroines like Salaam-E-Ishq and God Tussi Great Ho (both with Priyanka Chopra), Jann-E-Man, Heroes (with Preity Zinta), Kareena Kapoor (Kyun Ki) and Katrina Kaif (Hello, Yuvraaj) have flopped, whereas films with new or less mainstream heroines like Tera Naam (Bhumika Chawla), Lucky (Sneha Ullal) and Wanted (Ayesha Takia) have clicked.

Rewriting history
Salman's blossoming coterie of faithful producers are designing films that require new leading ladies. Brother Arbaaz Khan's Dabangg features Sonakshi Sinha opposite the bada bhai, who plays a dirty, rugged cop. Salman has apparently asked Sajid Nadiadwala to create a role that would be very different from anything that he has done before.

Naya chehra
SN confirms, "Salman and I are doing another film together. We've done it all from Judwa to Jaan-e-Mann. Now we want to do something that will bring out another facet of Salman's personality, and take him to a new level. And yes, the girl will be a newcomer. After tasting success with the formulistic Wanted, Salman Khan is on the look-out for scripts that would excite and challenge him as an actor."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Salman turns down two Ravi Chopra films despite past association

By: Amul Sharma Date: 2009-10-27 Place: Mumbai

Salman Khan made guest appearances in two Ravi Chopra films: Baghban (2003) and Baabul (2006). But when the maker recently approached Sallu for two of his forthcoming films, he had to return dejected.

A source in the industry says, "Chopra has been finding it very difficult to lock in the star cast for two of his upcoming films. One is Kohinoor, to be directed by his son Abhay and the other Pocket-Maar, which he plans to direct himself. The first film was offered to Salman but he didn't like the story and refused it straight up."

The source adds, "Ravi then went to Khan with his second project and was confident that Sallu wouldn't refuse him given their past association. But the actor once again turned him down citing date problems. Ravi was shocked as the actor had taken time out for Ravi's earlier films even though he had been busy. In the past, Salman not only acted in his films, but also refused to charge him a single penny."

The reason Salman refused Pocket-Maar is because he knows that the film was offered to Neil Nitin Mukesh and then to Shahid Kapoor before it came to him. Chopra remained unavailable for comment.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Salman Khan fans queue up for a glimpse at Delite theatre

By: IANS Date: 2009-10-27 Place: New Delhi

Never mind the long wait. From elderly women to college going students -- hordes of fans queued up outside the capital's Delite Cinema Monday for a glimpse of Bollywood star Salman Khan who came three hours late to open the advance bookings for his film "London Dreams".

"I came to just catch a glimpse of him in person and take his autograph on the ticket," 60-year-old Naseema Begum said.

Abhishek Yadav wanted to buy the movie tickets from Salman in person. "I have been waiting here since 11 in the morning and don't plan to leave until I have bought a ticket from him," he said.

Jyotsna Grover, a student of Indraprastha College, was keen to get a hug from her favourite star. "I want his autograph and a picture with him. I am ready to buy all the tickets if I just get to hug him," said Jyotsna, who came with her friend Upasna Sen.

Clad in a 'Being Human' - his brand - white shirt and tattered blue jeans, the 43-year-old actor arrived with director-producer Vipul Shah in a black Audi SUV. His arrival brought the traffic at the Asaf Ali Road to a halt.

"I am sorry for being late. I could not get up early," apologised Salman. "I have sold tickets for this one (film) and I'll usher the audiences for my next film," he told reporters here.

Salman's presence helped the sales of the tickets for the film, releasing Friday. "The two-screen theatre sold close to 500 tickets, courtesy the hype created by the actor," said an official from the theatre on condition of anonymity.

Also starring in the film are Ajay Devgn and Asin Thottumkal. The film is about "deep friendship more than any love triangle or music", said Salman.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Salman, I have very deep bonding: Govinda

By: IANS Date: 2009-10-19 Place: New Delhi

Bollywood is famous for the real and reel life bonding between actors. One such camaraderie that has surfaced between two known names in tinsel town is of Salman Khan and Govinda.

"Salman and I have a very deep bonding so much so that we are just one call away from each other... We just completely respect and love each other like anything," Govinda said.

"In fact it was because of this bonding that I copied his bracelet (Salman famously dons a sapphire bracelet on his right arm). Feroza is so beautiful, healthy and keeps people so much at peace. I have no qualms in saying that I copied Salman Khan," he added.

Seen together for the first time in hit comedy "Partner", the duo set the screen on fire with impeccable comic timing.

Govinda recently walked the ramp at the HDIL India Couture Week for Salman's Being Human foundation and has also appeared in the macho actor's "Main Aurr Mrs.Khanna" that released Friday.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:55 am

█ Salman loves Hrithik █
Salman Khan gave Hrithik Roshan’s wife Sussanne’s birthday a miss.

Is it because he knew Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan would be there? Anyway, sources say the actor excused himself by telling Duggu that he was committed to be in Delhi that day to walk at the fashion week. It is also said that when the two actors spoke on the phone, Salman told Hrithik that he loves him as much as his younger brothers. He also told Duggu that he was completely informed of the important events in Hrithik’s life. He wanted the light-eyed dancing sensation not to over-work and spend quality time with his wife and two sons — Hridhaan and Hrehaan.

Of course rumours have it that Salman told Hrithik that if he doesn't take care of himself and his family then he would actually stop talking to him. If you're wondering whether grown-up men actually talk this way, well in Bollywood they do. Here superstars are often boys at heart.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Salman Khan Campaigning in UP for Raj Babbar - Video
__

__
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 am

Salman woos voters for Babbar
Firozabad, Nov 2 (PTI) Bollywood hunk Salman Khan today hit the campaign trail for the prestigious Firozabad Lok Sabha by-election in Uttar Pradesh aggressively wooing voters for Congress candidate Raj Babbar.

Salman held roadshows at Tundla to muster support for actor-politician Babbar who is pitted against Dimple Yadav, daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.

"If Babbar wins, I guarantee you the development of this constituency," he told a large gathering.

The crowd lustily cheered the cine star when he delivered dialogues from some his hit flicks.

In the April-May Lok Sabha polls, Salman also campaigned for Congress nominees.

With Salman garnering support for Babbar, the Samajwadi Party said it would too rope in film stars to campaign for its candidate.

"Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada and Jaya Bachchan will campaign for Dimple along with SP leader Amar Singh tomorrow," a senior SP leader said.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Salman's not a lover boy anymore

Prithwish Ganguly / DNAWednesday, October 28, 2009

Mumbai: Salman Khan thinks the audience is reluctant to watch him in romantic roles. The actor fears that the audience wants to see him only in action thrillers or comic roles.

"People have loved me for the edgy and entertaining films that I have done so far. But when it comes to family dramas, my audience doesn't seem to have liked me so much. Especially, after Wanted became a bit hit, I felt that I have been typecast by audiences who want to see me either do action-oriented roles or comedies. I honestly expected Main Aurr Mrs Khanna to do much better than Wanted, but look at the box office figures. I don't know how to react," Salman said.

He added, "I feel my fans want to see me as a dashing man or make them laugh. Though I'm grateful to them for accepting me that way, as an actor I have to do different things. I cannot do action or comedy all the time. So, I will continue doing all genres and hope that the audience likes me and appreciates the amount of effort I'm putting in my movies. But at the same time, the audience is god in our industry. So if they like me in certain genres, they will certainly get more of me in those."

Salman thinks it's time the big stars of the industry joined hands to avoid their films releasing simultaneously at the box office. This Diwali three films -- Main Aurr Mrs Khanna, Blue and All the Best -- all starring big names released simultaneously.

Salman said, "There must be a body where the most bankable stars should mutually decide to request the producers to avoid box-office clashes. When big stars collide none of the films do great and so the brand value of the star for the next movie goes down considerably."

He added, " We are working in the same industry that has only a handful of people who are genuine crowd-pullers. We should chalk out release dates so that we don't clash with each other. If this happens, the revenue of movies will definitely go up and so will our brand value."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Salman has no worries

Hits and flops matter a lot to most actors, but Salman Khan seems to be an exception to the rule.

The actor’s fan-following continues to support him irrespective of the fate of his films. Just when the trade pundits had begun to claim that the actor was losing his grip at the box office, he has bounced back with a dhamakedaar hit in the form of Wanted.

The number game doesn’t really bother him anymore. He says, “I think, I have gone beyond that whole number game. It has never bothered me and it never will.

The No 1 changes every Friday depending on what’s doing well at the box office. Woh to chalte hi rehta hai.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:58 pm

B-twon stars will hit the stage for the UAE's 38th National Day

By: Shaheen Parkar Date: 2009-11-19 Place: Mumbai

Bollywood is all set to rock Dubai in a mega event to be held on December 2 to commemorate the 38th National Day of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The concert, titled Dreamz 2009, will feature the Wanted duo of Salman Khan and Prabhudeva along with Katrina Kaif performing at the Dubai Sports City cricket stadium. Interestingly, Prabhudeva is performing live on stage after a gap.

Adding to the oomph factor will be Celina Jaitly, Neha Dhupia, Tanushree Dutta, Neetu Chandra among others.
Says Celina, "I am performing to a medley of my film songs besides a mix of classic Bollywood tracks. Vishnu, Prabhudeva's assistant is choreographing my act."

Neha who is presently in Florida on work-cum-holiday says, "I am doing some tracks of mine as my first act which has a western feel and the second act is a mix of Indian tracks."

The show is being anchored by Boman Irani and Mona Singh. Sridevi will be the special guest at Dreamz 2009.
Pakistani rock star Mustafa Zahid (who sang Tera Mera Rishta and Toh Phir Aao in Awaarapan) who is part of the Sufi band Roxen will also perform.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Gaming industry banks on stars
By: Bipin Kumar Singh Date: 2009-11-22 Place: Mumbai

Say games based on Bollywood actors have longer shelf life than movie-based ones

The gaming industry has decided to increase celebrity participation in online games so it can scale new heights.
The recent successes of celebrity games with stars like Salman Khan, Bipasha Basu, Neetu Chandra and Sameera Reddy have inspired this change. Maruti Shanker, managing director of 7seas Technology that tasted success with their Neetu Chandra game 'Neetu the Alien Killer', says, "Movie games don't have much of a life.

A game based on Salman and his dogs Myson and Myjaan

But games based on the celebrities are evergreen. We are working on few more projects with stars, but can only disclose names once the deal is done."

Arun Mehra, chief marketing officer of Zapak.com that has cashed in on Salman Khan's and Bipasha Basu's popularity, agrees, "The life of a celebrity-based game is more than a movie-based game. Now we're working on more such projects." He adds, "Among our celebrity games, Salman is still number one, Bipasha comes next and Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, a game based on Rakhi Sawant's show, is on number three. All three games have been played by millions of gamers."

G T Peter Whitin, director operations of Chennai-based gaming company Netaxis IT Solutions, says, "Of course, the demand is there, but our company focuses on foreign celebs because majority of the gamers who log into our site are from abroad."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm

'Salman and I have come closer'

By: Abhijit Majumder Date: 2009-11-21 Place: Mumbai
(excerpt from aamir's new interview)

Apparently there was a time many years ago when Shah Rukh, Salman and you used to meet as a trio, hang out together. What happened?

Yes, we used to hang out together. Over the years, Salman and I have come closer. We have grown fond of each other. We have respect and regard for each other. We enjoy each other's company. In fact, we hang out more than we used to earlier. Not daily, but often.

Shah Rukh and I have, over the years, not hung out together so much. We meet every now and then. Again, I have a lot of respect for Shah Rukh as a star, and find his films entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Indian Telly Awards Winners
___

Popular Game Show Dus Ka Dum Sony Entertainment Television Big Synergy

TV Ka Dum Salman Khan
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Filmmaker will show a different end

Even though Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai have gone their separate ways and are happy in their own lives, small time filmmaker Javed Khan has not forgotten their romance.

He is all set to make a film based on one of the most talked about love stories in Bollywood. The film, named “Ajab Hai Ishq”, is ready to roll and will go on the floors soon.

Javed Khan will produce the film as well as play the lead role of Salman Khan in the film. He is confident that the film will attract a lot of audience as it is an emotional story depicting the one-time love between Salman and Ash.

Even though the two actors parted ways in real life, the filmmaker will have a different end to his celluloid love story. According to Javed, leaving someone in a lurch will not let you live in peace - so always marry the person you love.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:19 am

Salman Khan: The Real Superstar

Can one man guarantee success in the film-industry? We all agree that in a team effort, success is the result of a collective effort towards the common goal. There have been numerous occasions where the director has taken the blame of failure of a movie on his personal shoulders, but he has heaped praise on the entire team for the success of any film. In fact, RGV is quite vocal in support of the claim that success is due to the whole team, whereas failure is solely his own.

One of the biggest talking points in the Hindi film industry for the last decade-and-a-half has been about who is biggest star among the three Khans: Aamir, Salman or Shahrukh. The supporters of the stars have gone to lengths to make their point across the supporters of the ‘rival’ camp, and they have not even shied away from either deifying their ‘idol’, or from running-down the ‘rivals’ by whatever means possible. The more sane voices have tried to point out towards the body of work under the belts of the respective stars, and have a comparative analysis of the good/bad products.

There is no denying the fact that if analysed individually, all the three have had their share of hits and misses, commercially successful as well as artistically uplifting. Practically speaking, there is hardly any edge with any one star to choose from, and they deserve to be where they are for their individual contribution to the industry. Its only when we look at the circumstances under which, and the team with which the commercially successful films have been given by these three pillars of stardom, that we realise the edge and extent of stardom that Salman Khan enjoys over his compatriots.

Just think of a Salman Khan movie, and chances are, all we will remember would be the name of the film, and the fact that Salman played a romantic/action/comedy role in it. We will not even bother about the story-line, or other cinematic brilliance expected from any other film. It is even likely that we won’t remember the name of the director either, probably because the director is a newcomer, and the production house is not necessarily a biggie. The songs would be ordinary, the dialogues clichéd, and the entire experience of watching the movie would give us a sense of déjà vu. The fact that it is a Salman Khan movie is the only solace that we will carry back, and that is sufficient for many among us to throng to the cinema-hall to catch our favourite superstar.

Contrast this with the films of the other two Khans. Shahrukh Khan believes in playing safe, and prefers working with the Chopras and Johars of the industry. Most of the roles undertaken by him are commercially a ‘safe bet’, and the brilliant marketing and PR efforts coupled with the names involved make sure that the movie is successful even before it has completed its first-week-run. Aamir Khan, on the other hand, doesn’t worry much about the names he is associated with, and makes sure that the product he is involved with is unique in its own way to garner a buzz from the day it is announced, to create awareness about the movie, and to generate a high-level curiosity around the time of release, all resulting in audience thronging to the theatres irrespective of the merits of the film, as claimed or purported by the team behind the film, Aamir himself being the most vocal. Also the fact that Aamir spaces his films wisely, and mostly follows one-film-at-a-time approach, those who swear by his talent (and there are many in that category, including yours truly), just o ahead and watch it.

It might apparently seem that both SRK and Aamir also sell the movie by their name, but in most cases, we end up taking away much more than just the ‘star-value’ from the movie, in terms of either a good story, or some beautiful visuals and great songs. In comparison, all we get from a Salman Khan film is him and him alone (in most of the cases). He is neither a good actor like Aamir, nor has the back-up of the mightiest of film fraternity like SRK, nor has martial-arts skills of an Akshay Kumar. Yes, he is extremely good-looking, but then, so are most of the stars, in their own way. Then, what unique thing does Salman Khan offer for people to watch his otherwise atrocious movies in such huge numbers? We may not really have an answer to this phenomenon.

All the three Khans started their career around the same time, and were involved in some good, some bad and some atrocious choices in the beginning of their career. All the three of them have given some colossal hits already. But with time, SRK & Aamir moved ahead with their own brand of exclusivity (in terms of persons or projects they would work with), whereas Salman Khan remained there, associating himself with one ordinary product after the other with his trademark benevolence. Sample some of the ‘commercially successful’ movies that he has given us, and you will appreciate the point I am driving at: Sanam Bewafaa, Veergati, Bandhan, Judwaa, Auzaar, Jaanam Samjha Karo, Hello Brother, Biwi No. 1, Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega, Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Chal Mere Bhai, Tere Naam, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Garv: Pride & Honour, Phir Milenge, Lucky, Partner… phew… Put any other star in these movies, and chances are, the film as well as the star would be overtly criticised or worse, out-rightly rejected for their association with the torture-fest. However, the same no-quality film with Salman Khan becomes worth a watch because of the unmistaken fan-following he has generated over the years.

Salman Khan is also the favourite ‘guest / friendly / special’ appearance guy of the industry, for the obvious reason that he can’t say No where he should, and taking advantage of this weakness, the producers / directors approach him, because they know the name will sell tickets more than the quality of the product. Sample these: Deewana Mastana, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam, Baghban, No Entry, Baabul, Salaam-e-Ishq, Saawaria, Hello, Heroes and many more which I seem to forget for now.

Another point to be noted in Salman’s favour is that from the very beginning, he has given hits with the lesser known directors, as he was not afraid to experiment, and also his confidence was always with him, so he didn’t need to be convinced about the “names” associated with the project. Maine Pyaar Kiya saw Rajshree Productions come out with a big budget movie after almost a decade with the then unknown Sooraj Barjatya making his debut as a director, and Bhagyashree, a virtual non-entity giving him company. Baaghi had Deepak Shivdasani as the director, and Nagma, again almost an unknown face as the heroine. Patthar Ke Phool was directed by Anant Balani, and Raveen Tandon debuted with him. Similarly, Sanam Bewafa was directed by Sawan Kumar Tak, and heroine was Chandni, about whom nobody had heard earlier, or has even her whereabouts since. Fact of the matter is, Salman Khan drew the crowds on his own merit, and made a career out of many others associated with those movies.
Salman Khan has that typical screen presence, wherein the moment he comes on screen, you just forget about the other faces filling the space, be it a supporting actor, or the villain, or even the pretty face of a heroine. Any other actor with such ordinary ‘acting prowess’ would have crumbled under the tremendous competition that the other two Khans presented to him, but Salman has his own way of keeping his loyal fans happy, and that is an enigma. I am in no way propagating his films or his choice of roles. If anything, I prefer not to watch his movies in most of the cases. But the hysterical following that he enjoys across the country is something no other Khan can boast of. In fact, SRK has himself accepted in one of his interviews that it is to Salman’s credit that he has made some of the movies work at the BO despite the inherent weakness of the film, and no other actor would have garnered so much attention to those movies except Salman Khan. And that is the true hallmark of a ‘superstar’.

Many people argue that he is repetitive in most of his roles in terms of his acting or mannerisms. I personally feel that being repetitive is what makes him the star that he is, since the ‘star’ lives, whereas the actor dies with the character. That is the reason why all the movies of Salman Khan are watched as ‘his’ movies, rather than for the character that he portrays. And that is what his fans take back home, and remember him for, long after the film is over.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Salman skips Dad’s birthday

SUBHASH K JHA 25 November 2009, 11:23am IST

At the moment, Salman is not happy with life at all. For the first time Salman Khan wasn’t able to attend his father’s birthday on

This year, Salim Saab turned 64, and the Khan parivar had planned to make it a grand celebration, what with Wanted being a huge money spinner for Salman. Dad’s birthday and son’s success would’ve made for a grand bash at the Khans’ residence.

Unfortunately, Salman and Arbaaz are in Wai on the outskirts of Mumbai shooting for their home production Dabangg. And there was absolutely no way Salman could be allowed to return to Mumbai even for a few hours. That left Salim Saab on his birthday with only son Sohail to keep him company.

Says Sohail, “I guess I got lucky. I got Dad all for myself on his birthday. Much as Salman and Arbaaz would’ve liked to be with Dad there was no way they could leave the shooting in Wai and return on Tuesday for Dad’s birthday without disrupting the schedule. We were just three days into the shoot and it couldn’t be stopped.”

While Salman seethed in Wai, Sohail drove back to Mumbai on Monday to bring in their father’s birthday and to convey Salman and Arbaaz’s best wishes to their father. Says Sohail sentimentally, “The whole family makes it a point to be together by hook or crook for our parent’s birthdays. Anyway Dad believes work comes first. But Salman and Arbaaz are very unhappy about the situation.”

The family is getting ready for the release of Veer on January 26. “That’s a big project for us,” says Sohail. “We’ve worked really hard on it. After Dabangg we want to start Partner 2. Everyone keeps telling us sequels ka zamana hai. Look how well the sequels to Golmaal have done! But until we’re sure that the script will take us beyond the first Partner we can’t go ahead.”

The entire Partner team is working on the sequel’s storyline. “All of us, Salman, Govinda, David Dhawan and I, have been told to work on an idea. We’ll go ahead with Partner 2 the minute one of us cracks the screenplay. Right now Partner is hot, and Salman Bhai is hotter,” says Sohail proudly.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Sellout crowd of 30,000 expected for Indian showbiz extravaganza

Praveen Menon
* Last Updated: November 26. 2009 10:48PM UAE / November 26. 2009 6:48PM GMT

The Indian actors Salman Khan and Prabhu Deva will be among the stars featured at the event at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. AFP / STR

DUBAI // Bollywood superstars and leading Indian singers are expected to attract tens of thousands of fans to the Dubai International Cricket Stadium next week.

The film idol Salman Khan, the latest Bollywood pin-up Katrina Kaif, the South Indian dancing sensation Prabhu Deva and many others will be part of the two-day event starting on Tuesday at Dubai Sports City.

Day one, entitled “Southern Dreamz 2009”, will feature a concert by top musicians including Yuvan Shankar Raja, Ilayaraja, Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Vijay Yesudas and 15 other singers from south India.

The concert will celebrate National Day, and singers will also perform popular numbers from south Indian films.

It will be the first time that the stadium, which opened in April, has hosted such a cultural event.

Day two, “Dreamz 2009”, will feature special performances by Khan, Deva and Kaif.

Organisers expect a sell-out audience of 30,000 Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and other Asians, as well as many Emirati fans.

Khan, often known as the “Bollywood bad boy”, has a massive following among Asians in this country as well as his homeland. His latest films, Wanted and London Dreams, went down especially well with audiences in the UAE.

Kaif also has strong fanbase here after a string of recent hits including Singh is King and Namaste London.

Other stars, such as Celina Jaitley, Neha Dhupia, Tanusree Dutta, Nitu Chandra, Reema Sen, Negar Khan and Mumait Khan will also perform.

The veteran actress Sridevi will be the special guest for the evening, and Boman Irani and Mona Singh will anchor the show.

The event will also feature music by the Pakistani Sufi band Roxen with the singers Falak Shabbir and Annie.

Roxen’s song Toh Phir Aao was included in the 2007 hit Bollywood movie Awarapan.

The stadium is a multi-purpose venue which can host a range of sports and cultural events.

It usually seats 25,000 people for sports matches but this can be increased to 30,000 for performances.

“The bowl design of the stadium allows all seats to have a great view of the centre stage action along with remarkable acoustics,” said Maqbul Dudhia, the general manager of sport business at Dubai Sports City.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am

Zee Cinema's 'Bid For Bollywood' auction a hit with the audience

MUMBAI: For the first time ever, television viewers got a direct access to celebrities' costumes in their own homes and make the most of it.

Zee Cinema, in a unique auction, offered celebrity costumes straight out of their films to viewers and got a tremendous response of the same.

'Bid for Bollywood', a fifteen-day long auction, launched on 15 November went very well as it offered a variety of costumes ranging from Salman Khan's shirts to Kareena Kapoor's sarees all at one-stop-shop - Zee Cinema.

Viewers shelled out almost half a lakh on their favourite actors' apparels. For instance, the bid on Salman Khan's suit, which he wore in No Entry, started at a base price of Rs 15000 finally garnered Rs 48,500 alone.

50 per cent of the proceeds of this auction would be donated towards charity.

Says Zee Cinema Business Head Mohan Gopinath, "Zee Cinema's constant endeavour is to bring its viewers close to Bollywood. With an urge to innovate and present something unique, we designed this auction only for viewers, offering them to look no less than a star themselves.

"We are overwhelmed with the results and this gives us a further push to launch many such concepts on the channel. With four more days to go, I am sure this would be one of the most successful concepts launched on a movie channel thus far."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Salman Khan's Bandhan STILL Running HOUSEFULL
___

Grant Road is a haven for many flailing single screen theatres

If Salman Khan is menacingly swishing his dagger in the poster of Bandan playing at Alfred Theatre, then in the nearby Shalimar Theatre, Akshay Kumar has moved with the times and is warding off the evil forces with a hyper cool, silver pistol in Saugandh. At Super Cinema, Bhai Bhai is showing and at Nishat, it’s Khalnayak.

A few minutes before noon, the rusty gates outside the cinema halls lining Grant Road reluctantly creak open and a cluster of humanity strolls in, proving that the paint of these single screens might be peeling off, the plastic chairs might give you cramp in your posterior and each stamp of your foot might cause the dust sheathing the floor to billow in an angry cloud but the celluloid heroes housed in these halls have lost none of their glamour. They continue to enthrall with their shiny pistols, bell bottom pants, debonair sideburns and triumphant love affairs.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:54 am

Aamir and Salman Khan bond over drinks!

November 28th, 2009

Aamir Khan and Salman Khan are spending a lot of time together these days. And Aamir has admitted to his friendship with Salman saying that they spend time together whenever they can.

The duo meets up at night whenever Kiran Rao, Aamir’s wife is away at their weekend home in Panchgani. Aamir sends all his staff, except his security staff, home by 9pm and then meets Salman at night. He parks his car in Salman’s Bandra home and then the two actors go riding on Salman’s bike. They then come back for a round of drinks, either at Salman’s place or at Aamir’s place, if Kiran is away. Aamir, who is currently dieting, binges when he’s drinking with Salman.

Aamir also holds special screenings of his films for Salman. He had held a preview of Ghajini for Sachin Tendulkar and Salman where the latter made some suggestions regarding the movie. The suggestions were taken into consideration.

This time too Aamir will hold a screening of 3 Idiots only for Salman after December 3rd, as Salman will be performing in a show in Dubai with Katrina Kaif, Neha Dhupia, etc. on December 2nd. Who knows? Maybe one of these days, Salman might hold a screening of Veer for Aamir.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Salman wins 1999 income-tax evasion case

I-T dept didn't serve mandatory notice on actor

Hetal Vyas

The Bombay high court on Tuesday dismissed an appeal by the I-T department against Bollywood star Salman Khan for an alleged tax evasion of Rs1.03 crore in 1999-2000.
The department had moved the high court challenging an order of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) early this year. The ITAT had in April this year upheld an order passed by commissioner of income tax (CIT-A). The CIT had set aside an order passed by an assessing officer (AO) who had accused Salman of evading tax amounting to Rs1.03 crore.

In 1999, Salman had declared his total income for the year at Rs2,95,09,771. But the AO ruled that his total income was Rs4,63,64,106.

The department had in 2006 re-assessed the returns filed by Salman in 1999-2000, but they did not issue any intimation to the actor.
The lawyer representing the actor argued that there is a recent ruling by the Bombay high court, which had made it mandatory for the AO to issue intimation notice to the assessee (in this case, Salman) under section 143(3)/147. The AO had not issued any such notice to the actor while re-assessing his returns, argued the lawyer.
The division bench of justice VC Daga and justice JP Devadhar also came down heavily on the counsels of the I-T department for not having knowledge of recent judgments delivered by the high courts and the Supreme Court.
"We will be failing in our duty if we do not observe that counsel for the revenue should know the recent judgments by the SC and HC. But unfortunately, the advocate did not know about it," the judges observed.

The judges also observed that the lawyer for the department is either not ready to argue the case or does not know the case.

Source :: DNA
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next