Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
+3
Ghani
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Salman Khan Starrer "SANKI" to star Deepika

Salman Khan Starrer "SANKI" to star Deepika Padukone... Director: Ghajini Fame Muruga

The self-effacing AR Murugadoss, who directed Aamir Khan in Ghajini, has now been signed on to direct Salman Khan in producer Sajid Nadiadwala's next action-romance Kick, a remake of the 2009 Telugu film directed by Surender Reddy, starring Ravi Teja.

What comes as a surprise is that Deepika Padukone, who has till now been close to the Shah Rukh-Farah Khan-Karan Johar group, will star opposite Salman in the film. Though Deepika has just wrapped up Houseful with Sajid Nadiadwala, he was hesitant when he approached her for Kick wondering if she would have any reservations about working with Salman. According to reliable sources, Deepika made it very clear to Nadiadwala that she is open to working with every actor.

Nadiadwala doesn't deny the presence of Murugadoss and Deepika in the Hindi remake of Kick. “Murugadoss I've met and Deepika of course is already my leading lady in Houseful. I loved Murugadoss's work in Ghajini and so did Salman. We were very clear about not getting the original Telugu director as I don't believe in letting the South Indian directors do the Hindi remakes,” he says.

The challenge now is to make Salman's action sequences in Kick different not only from Ghajini but also Wanted. Nadiadwala says, “I don't want Kick to look like Wanted 2. We'll be shooting the action scenes in Tokyo.”

The challenge now is to make Salman's action sequences in Kick different not only from Ghajini but also Wanted. Nadiadwala says, “I don't want Kick to look like Wanted 2. We'll be shooting the action scenes in Tokyo.”

Salman will be doing a lot of martial arts and kick-boxing in Kick and Murugadoss wants to make sure the action quotient in his next film is on par with the action sequences in Ghajini.

Sajid has roped in the Munnabhai writer Abhijat Joshi to script the Hindi adaptation of Kick. “He lives in the US but is expected to be in India during the release of 3 Idiots (co-written by him). That's when we will lock in on the script,” adds Nadiadwal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:57 pm

A twin-win situation

Salman Khan, David Dhawan and Sajid Nadiadwala get ready to make Judwaa 2. Kareena Kapoor might play one of the lead actresses

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 01:53:47 AM
S alman Khan is finally ready to play the quirky Raja and the sober Prem in the sequel to his 1997 hit Judwaa. The actor has given his nod to team up once again with director David Dhawan and producer Sajid Nadiadwala for the sequel to the twin-comedy only after he was completely convinced with the script.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So far the idea of a sequel to Judwaa had been quelled mainly because the story ideas did not appeal to Salman. Now, David has finally come up with an idea that the team feels is worth pursuing.

Producer Sajid says, “We’ve been going back and forth with David on the story of Judwaa’s sequel for years. Since Judwaa released there have been innumerable films about twins and their adventures, so films about twin heroes had become stale. Before making Judwaa 2 we first had to make sure the plot not only went further than the first Judwaa but also goes beyond all the other double-role films that have come lately.”

Fact of the matter is that double roles have not been doing well lately. Sajid says, “We’ve gone back to the story board repeatedly to ensure Judwaa has very high novelty value.”

“David is working on giving Salman’s character a special new spin. We’ll give the two Salmans a very different look and the story moves ten years ahead but Salman is still as boyish as he used to be,” adds Sajid.

Judwaa 2 won’t feature either Karisma Kapoor or Rambha who were lead actresses in the first film.

But yes, Kareena Kapoor is being considered to star in the sequel.

About Judwaa

Directed by David Dhawan, Judwaa is about identical twins (Salman Khan) who get separated at birth. The quiet and mature Prem, one of the twins, and his father visit India to get Prem married to Mala (Karisma Kapoor).

Prem also meets his twin brother in India and a series of comic situations follow. The highlight of the film was Anu Malik's music especially the songs Chalti hai kya nau se baraah and Unchi hai building lift teri bandh hai, which were an instant hit and are popular even today.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Salman Khan Interrupt Shoot For Kids

By Subhash K Jha:

Not too many actors would pack up an important shooting schedule just to please a cluster of clamoring kids

But that's exactly what Salman Khan did on Tuesday evening when he was doing patchwork shooting for his home production 'Veer' at the Khans' farmhouse in the outskirts of Mumbai Panvel.

Suddenly in the middle of the shooting, late in the evening Salman received a call. He immediately called for his car and informed the crew he had to leave.

Fearing a family crisis unit members rushed to his side only to be told that they needed to drive back from Panvel to the Wellington Khar Gymkhana to entertain a large number of kids.

Says a close friend of Salman, 'He's always doing such things. But this instance took the cake. Salman simply stopped shooting, got into the car and rushed from his farmhouse in Panvel to entertain approximately 400 kids who had gathered at the Gymkhana to sing and dance on stage.'

Apparently the kids refused to perform on stage until their Salman Uncle was called to dance with them. In desperation one of the organizers somehow got hold of Salman's number and called.

At first Salman begged off saying it would take him a good 4 hours to reach Khar even if he stopped the shooting immediately and left.

'But when he heard how desperate the situation was and that the kids refused to go on stage without him Salman immediately drove off from Panvel leaving director Anil Sharma and the rest of the crew open-mouthed in disbelief. Salman slept in the car until he reached the Gymkhana where the kids were waiting for him. He danced on stage for a good hour and then drove back to his shooting,' says the friend.

No wonder this Khan continues to be a favorite among kids.

--SAMPURN

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Aishwarya's encounter with ex lovers!

Agencies

New Delhi, December 18, 2009

It's not Aishwarya who feels awkward while coming face-to-face with her former lovers, it's the other way round.

The actress bumped into her ex-beau Salman Khan at Mehboob Studios. What do you think was her reaction? Nothing. She completely ignored him. And Sallu's? Well, the hunky dude who was talking smilingly on phone stopped grinning and turned serious when he noticed Ash walking towards her van.

Ash also found herself in proximity with alleged former flame Viveik at the premiere of Avatar. The actor, however, did not have guts to face Rai.

When Vivek discovered that Ash was sitting in the next row, he ran out of the hall in a huff.

He also forgot to leave behind his 3D glasses which were to be returned after the film.

Well, such is Ash's aura!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Sallu more in demand than SRK

NEW DELHI, Dec 18, 2009 (Hindustan Times - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Shah Rukh Khan may rule the box office, but when it comes to online fans, rival Salman Khan seems to have given him a beating, at least in saddi Dilli.

Google's year-end list of 'most searched' celebrities on the net in 2009 reveals that Salman Khan stands at No 2 slot when it comes to being most sought after online while SRK stands at No 6. Interestingly, Salman's girlfriend Katrina Kaif tops the list by becoming the most searched celebrity on google, second year in a row.

Other interesting facts revealed by the just-out Google Zeitgeist 2009 list include the most searched-for queries by young people on the net. These include queries such as 'how to kiss', 'tips for flirting' and 'how to meditate'.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:53 am

Salman Khan wants to own Laxmi

Everyone knows Salman Khan loves dogs and was shattered after the death of his beloved dogs MySon and MyJaan. Now he has two more dogs - MyLove and Saint at his Panvel farmhouse. And he has discovered a new found love for horses after working with them closely in his period film Veer. It is learnt that the actor is planning to buy a couple of horses too for his farmhouse in Panvel. He already has other farm animals on the property.

Buzz up!
Says a source close to Salman, "Salman has grown up with animals around as his dad Salim Khan would have cows and other farm animals at their Panvel land. While shooting for Veer, Salman started taking care of the horses he was working with, as part of the bonding process. He also made special arrangements for their stay and food and made sure that none of the animals suffered a bit while filming. After the shoot, every evening, he and ad man Bharat Dabholkar would go riding. Now Salman loves horses so much that he's planning to buy two. He's contacted all the best horse dealers in the country and will finalise a deal soon."

Salman confirms, "My love for horses has grown a lot especially after the shooting for Veer. In fact now I have decided to buy two horses for my farmhouse in Panvel." A horse called Laxmi became his favourite while shooting for Veer. He adds, "I was so attached to her that I must have fed her more biscuits than I have eaten in my entire life! We had the poor villagers all around while shooting who wouldn't get proper water etc and here I had this horse eating biscuits all the time. But I made sure huge biscuit packets also came for the all the children there."

Salman has an incident to narrate about his favourite horse, "In between shooting for Veer, she was shooting on some other film when she fell into a pond and nearly died. After healing, she came back to shoot with me on Veer. This time she was scared and shy, especially with strangers, and it took a lot of effort to get rid of her fear. By the time we were done with the shoot of the film, everybody had become so attached to their horses that we used to talk to them more than with each other!"

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:56 am

Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh, Salman, Big B to attend 3 IDIOTS premiere!!

Heard this?? Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, who are considered to be the biggest icons of bollywood, will be attending the premiere of Rajkumar Hirnai’s upcoming flick ‘3 Idiots’ to be held on Wednesday.

Sources close to Aamir Khan say that the versatile Khan personally telephoned Shah Rukh Khan, his toughest competitor in the tinsel town, to be present on the occasion and King Khan, generous as usual, confirmed his presence at the theatre for Aamir Khan’s magnum opus. Salman Khan, who has been closely bonding with Aamir Khan, too, gave his consent about his presence at tomorrow’s grand event.

To make the premiere one of the most memorable events, even Shehanshah of bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan, has agreed to Aamir Khan’s entreaty and will be registering his larger than life presence at the premiere of the flick tomorrow. The flick also has sizzling hot Kareena Kapoor, suave Sharman Joshi and R Madhavan playing pivotal roles in the film.

The industry is awaiting with bated breath the mega event being organized for Aamir Khan’s ‘3 Idiots’ tomorrow. The gathering will be not only large but also include the three Big Khans of bollywood under the same roof for the first time.

Sources say that given the past rivalry between Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, the premiere might also see some crackling remarks from the Badshah’s side on the occasion. Though King Khan is not expected to spoil the party but he may go for a friendly dig at Aamir Khan’s reputation of being perfectionist and at the same time being one of the idiots in the flick.

In fact, the insecurity game has already begun and Aamir Khan’s filmmakers have decided that there will not be any trailer featuring Prakash Jha’s Katrina Kaif starrer ‘Rajneeti’ during the interval of ‘3 Idiots’. Earlier, it had been decided that ‘Rajneeti’’s first look trailer will be unveiled at the time of release of ‘3 Idiots’.

Industry insiders say that it was Aamir Khan who decided against the trailer of ‘Rajneeti’ during the interval of ‘3 Idiots’ as it would have diluted the impression of ‘3 Idiots’. As everybody knows in the industry, Aamir never likes to share limelight with anybody else; the trailer showing was cancelled at the last moment.

In the meantime, Kareena Kapoor, who plays the character of Pia in ‘3 Idiots’, has been advised by the doctors to take complete bed rest. Kareena is suffering from food poisoning and had to cancel her media interaction on Sunday, which was scheduled for the promotion of upcoming ‘3 Idiots’.

‘3 Idiots’ is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘Five Point Someone’ and directed by Rajkumar Hirani of ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ fame. The flick has been produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and due for a world wide release on December 24. Aamir Khan plays a twenty something engineering student at one of IITs of the country.

In the meantime, Kareena Kapoor, who plays the character of Pia in ‘3 Idiots’, has been advised by the doctors to take complete bed rest. Kareena is suffering from food poisoning and had to cancel her media interaction on Sunday, which was scheduled for the promotion of upcoming ‘3 Idiots’.

‘3 Idiots’ is based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘Five Point Someone’ and directed by Rajkumar Hirani of ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ fame. The flick has been produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra and due for a world wide release on December 24. Aamir Khan plays a twenty something engineering student at one of IITs of the country.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:17 am

Salman not in race for six or eight pack abs

Soumyadipta Banerjee / DNAFriday, December 25, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Salman Khan doesn't want to get himself involved in the mad race for six or eight pack abs.

Currently sporting a muscular body for his forthcoming film, the star in his typical style says that he too didn't bother about six or eight packs while shooting for his forthcoming film.

"It doesn't matter whether you have six packs or eight packs. In the earlier days, all that mattered was strength. During those days, people had strength in their bodies which they showed off and not the muscles. I too believe in the same philosophy," says Salman.

But tell Salman that every other actor is flaunting a six pack and it is slowly become de rigueur in the film industry, and he shrugs it off. "I don't know about other actors. But I am happy the way I look and I don't need to get something because other actors in the industry are doing it. I have a flat stomach and I have strength in these ab muscles. Bas, aur kya chahiye?"

On his ponytail, Salman says that he never intended to keep it for a long time in spite of the fact that he got numerous fan mails to keep his hair that way when Salman was seen on his reality show.

Reveals Salman, "I had to grow my hair for the Pindhari look in Veer and that is when I started having a ponytail. Then again, I had another shooting sequence in London for which I had to chop it off. Actually, I was not allowed to cut my hair when I was shooting for the earlier sequences for Veer. When it grew long I thought I would tie it up into a ponytail and hence if you've noticed I sport a ponytail in Dus Ka Dum," adds Salman. So, is it true that he is now willing to change his looks by keeping a ponytail? Well, all you get is a smile back.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:28 am

Sallu to spend b'day in Panvel

Along with Katrina Kaif and family

Prithwish Ganguly

Salman Khan, who turns 44 today, is mixing personal and professional space on his birthday. Sources indicate that Katrina Kaif is at his Panvel farmhouse recuperating from her surgery, and Salman is expected to spend the day with her and his family. A family lunch is on and his sisters Arpita and Alvira are taking care of the birthday celebrations.
"Salman is a very private person on his birthday and doesn't like to meet many people. So like every year, this year too he will only give importance to his family," says a close friend.
Post lunch, Salman will head to his workstation as his forthcoming movie is set to release next month. Salman is starting a worldwide hunt for a daring soul whose bravery has managed to save a life or bring a critical crisis situation in control on his birthday. Another informer says, "Salman will spend the rest of the day on his computer uploading videos of bravery and anecdotes of people who think they have done acts of courage. Salman will then select the five winners who will get to meet him personally."
At night, Salman's close industry friends like David Dhawan, Govinda and others are expected to join him for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Salman launches unsung heroes contest On B'day

SUBHASH K JHA 27 December 2009, 12:22pm IST

On his 44th birthday on Sunday(27 December) Salman Khan launched an all –India hunt for unsung heroes,young men and women who have performed.

This hunt for unsung heroes(and heroines) is apparently one more effort by Salman Khan in bridge-building and improving his image.

Says a source, “Lately Salman has been going out of his way to connect with the masses. The idea to launch a contest on his birthday to search for unrecognized heroes came from Aamir Khan’s recent connect-with-masses Bharat Darshan which he undertook as part of the promotion for 3 Idiots. People close to Salman advised him to find a similar point of connectivity with the common man for Salman’s forthcoming film Veer. And what better occasion to show his affinity to the masses than his birthday?”

Confirming Salman’s plans to search and celebrate the lives of unsung heroes from all over the country Veer producer Vijay Galani says, “You’ve heard correctly.Salman is launching a contest to find real-life unsung heroes. Since he has played the hero so often on screen he feels real-life heroes deserve to be brought out of anonymity. We’ll be going to the remotest corners of India to select these unknown heroes . Finally one of them will be given the Veer cup personally by Salman at a function in Mumbai.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Happy Birthday Salman Khan!

Salman Khan is one of Bollywood's hottest hunks and he turns 44 today! He has accomplished so much thus far and keeps us on the edge of our seats as we wait to see what this star has in store for us next. Salman has accomplished so much in these past years. He has become a Bollywood hero, TV series host, and even a wax statue at the world famous Madame Tussauds museum.

This year we hope Salman takes a break from working on his film 'Veer.' We expect him to celebrate his birthday with his family and girlfriend Katrina Kaif, who is recovering from a recent surgery. Every star claims they want to keep their birthday celebrations private and intimate, and Salman is saying the same; however, we are sure that Salman will be meeting up with a few famous friends on his birthday.

Whether a quiet dinner with his special lady, or a get together with industry friends, we want to wish Salman Khan a very happy birthday!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Aamir Khan & Salman Khan- The Essence of Friendship !
Posted by contributor001 in Bollywood, Celebrities, Other News, Specials, gossip

If there is any friendship competition held then the great Jodi of Aamir and Salman would surely be somewhere in the first five category at least. Now it is a known fact that Aamir and Salman have done only one film together that too pretty long ago, it was called Andaaz Apna Apna. After that the two great names of bollywood have not come together in any movie as such, but they have always been together through thick and thin.

It has been reported that whenever there has been any personal issue the two have always been at each other’s side and tried to pacify the situation by giving a few suggestions, which have been meticulously followed by the other. There are reports that recently Salman had become quite irregular with his exercise regime which was showing in his health. So when buddy Aamir stepped in to give him some brotherly advice, Salman was quick to follow it and thus there was the hit and fit Salman ready to face his challenging roles with élan.
Now, when Aamir’s film 3 Idiots was premiered in Mumbai Salman was amongst the first ones to arrive and wish his friend for the success of his film. Aamir has very clearly swept the audience off their feet with his awesome performance in the film. Following closely is friend Salman’s Film Veer,this film is on the verge of release and it has all the ingredients of a hit movie.
According to sources, there are some shots taken in The Buckingham Palace, which has been the centre of British Monarch since time immemorial. The lucky team of the film Veer was allowed to shoot in the majestic premises which in itself are a privilege.

According to insiders the film shots taken at the Palace look like dream shots. With Salman in the shots it is going to be a very impressive addition to the film which has a very Colonial British essence in its script. So, we wish that Salman’s much awaited film does well at the Box office too.

So much for the two friends attachment, it is indeed a pleasant atmosphere in the industry with such genuine frieds who have nothing but the best of wishes for each other. Hurrah!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 pm

It's in-Human
Prithwish Ganguly / DNATuesday, December 29, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Salman Khan is a furious man. Cheap replicas of his charitableBeing Human foundation's merchandise have hit the streets even before the items have officially been launched. Now, the actor is seeking the help of the Mumbai Crime Branch to bust these fake brands.

A close friend of the actor says, "Salman started the foundation with the aim of helping needy people. Even when he decided to launch the Being Human merchandise, he did not have any intention of making money from it for himself. He wanted the entire sale proceeds to go to as many needy people as possible. So this news of fake merchandise hitting the streets has angered him a lot. A fake Salman Khan brand would hamper the foundation's prospects as revenues would go down considerably."

Salman held a meeting with the officials of his foundation a few days ago to find a solution for this problem.

The source adds, "Salman wants to stop the problem right away. So far only a couple of fake designs have been seen but when the entire merchandise releases, he fears all of them might get replicated. He has been in talks with his friends from the police who have advised him to take up the matter with the crime branch. He will visit them soon. He might also hire a few people to visit those vendors and find out from where they got those fake outfits."

Salman could not be contacted for his comment as he is travelling.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 am

Now Sallu is the new King Khan of B’wood...
by Amrita Mukherjee

Salman Khan is back on the top of T’Town’s ladder. He’s had a fantastic 2009. Here’s why he’s 2009’s HOTTEST star...

The year’s biggest hit

Salman had three releases this year. Although London Dreams and Main Aurr Mrs Khanna were duds at the box office, the superhit Wanted gave his career a much-needed boost. Director-choreographer Prabhu Deva has packaged Salman brilliantly in the film – he is funny; he is romantic; he is a killer machine and he shows off his arms – so all his fans just flocked to the movies. Wanted ended up being the BIGGEST hit of the year. Salman left contemporaries Shah Rukh and Akshay waaay behind and took over the throne.

Image make-over

It is clear that Salman tried very consciously to change his image this year. He did not get into any fights, was more forthcoming with the media and raised a lot of money for his charity Being Human. He did everything for this charity, from organising football matches to getting the big shots of B’wood – Sanjay Dutt, Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar – walk the ramp for him at HDIL India Couture Week. He also opened Farah Khan’s talk show Tere Mere Beach Mein with mamma Salma, giving his fans a glimpse of the lovely relationship he shares with her.

Dus showed dum

The second season of Dus Ka Dum was a perfect TRP raker. Salman showed a different side to him on the show, charming his way into the hearts of aam janta and his starry friends.

Salman loves Dubai!

He came here thrice, for a premiere, a concert and a charity dinner. And that’s where Masala! fave Sarah Belhasa bought his painting for a whopping sum. We’re so glad to be a part of Salman’s success trail.

Back to top Go down
salmandev

salmandev

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Salman Khan has launched a nationwide hunt for unsung heroes as he turns 44 Sunday to connect with the masses and also promote his forthcoming period film “Veer”.

The hunt - for young men and women who have performed heroic deeds which the nation doesn’t know about - is one more effort by the actor in bridge-building and improving his image.

Lately Salman has been going out of his way to connect with the masses. The idea to launch a contest on his birthday to search for unrecognised heroes came from Aamir Khan’s recent connect-with-masses Bharat Darshan which he undertook as part of the promotion for ‘3 Idiots’,” said a source close tothe actor.

“People close to Salman advised him to find a similar point of connectivity with the common man for Salman’s forthcoming film ‘Veer’. And what better occasion to show his affinity tothe masses than his birthday?

Confirming Salman’s plans to search and celebrate the lives of unsung heroes from all over the country, “Veer” producer Vijay Galani told IANS: You’ve heard correctly. Salman is launching a contest to find real-life unsungheroes.

“Since he has played the hero so often on screen, he feels real-life heroes deserve to be brought out of anonymity. We’ll be going to the remotest corners of India to select these unknown heroes. Finally one of them will be given the ‘Veer’ cup personally by Salman at a function in Mumbai.

The much-talked about film is about the bravery of a Pindari soldier and speaks of bravery exemplifying the courage of every oppressed Indian fighting for justice and independence. Directed by Anil Sharma, the film features Salman in never seen before avatar along with newcomer Zarine Khan.

Former Miss UK Lisa Lazarus too plays an important role in the film that also stars Mithun Chakraborty and Jackie Shroff along with Sohail Khan and Bharat
Quote this article on your site
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Reality game show with handsome host Salman Khan is back! Yes, it is ‘Dus Ka Dum 3’ that will be making people crorepatis.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Salman to auction off his self-made Veer hand-paintings

By: Upala KBR Date: 2010-01-06 Place: Mumbai

Everyone knows that Salman Khan paints and gifts his creations away but few know that he has an unusual knack of painting with his fingers, minus any brushes. He often does this on the sets of his films too.

While shooting Veer, whenever there was a break to light the set or change costume, Sallu would get busy with his colours and canvas. He completed five paintings of Ganesh and Christianity in this way.

Veer producer Vijay Galani says, "Yes, I have watched Salman paint with his fingers and he has helped us a lot painting sets of Veer. He's very fast and finishes the painting in a few hours. We haven't decided as yet what to do with his paintings. I am discussing with Salman whether we could auction them or not."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 pm

President Pratibha Patil joins Salman and Celina to support Hijra community

January 7th, 2010 - 10:25 pm ICT by sampurn -

Country’s first beauty pageant for eunuchs titled “Indian Super Queen’ is already creating waves. And what has come as an Icing on the cake is the immense support of Bollywood bigges Salman Khan and Celina Jaitley. However, the latest news which surely would make every Indian Proud is- The President of India Pratibha Devisingh Patil has been appointed as a chairperson for the occasion.

Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, the Guru of Hijras and also the CEO of 12 Noon entertainment the organizer of the beauty pageant confirmed the news and said,” We along with V-care feel extremely proud to announce that – the honourable President Pratibha Patil will be the chairperson of our unique initiative.”

She goes on to add, “We are in talks with Congress President Sonia Gandhi and hope we would have the honour to have her presence as a chairperson as well on her show.”

Salman Khan, Celina Jaitley, Tarun Tahiliani would be the jury members who will choose the first ever eunuch beauty queen that is “Indian Beauty Queen’.

-Esha Razdan/Sampurn Media

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Salman: I love green
By: Upala KBR Date: 2010-01-05 Place: Mumbai

Will inaugurate Nana Chudasama's plant exhibition

Animal lover Salman Khan also has a green thumb. He will be inaugurating Shaina NC and her father Nana Chudasama's NGO I Love Mumbai's plant exhibition at Islam Gymkhana, Marine Drive, on January 7.

"The exhibition was started 10 years ago when I became a trustee, says Shaina adding, "I asked Salman to inaugurate it because he and his family love nature. Their Panvel farmhouse is nature at its best -- it's a profusion of beautiful colours and vegetables. Salman is a really good human being.

I hadn't expected him to readily agree but the moment I asked him if he could do it, he immediately said yes. Salman and his dad Salim uncle take care by looking after their garden. Last year, when I Love Mumbai had given 1000 saplings they had planted them at their farmhouse and Panvel. It's amazing how they take care of their plants!"

Shaina adds that the green exhibition in ILM is a part of an initiative started by her father 20 years ago. "Now we try to have it at least twice a year. ILM is about keeping Mumbai clean and green. In this way, we can contribute our bit towards combating global warming.

After the exhibition, we will have another green event where we will distribute two lakh saplings across 33 centres in Mumbai. Our exhibition has various types of plants -- including medicinal plants. People from all over including hospital and school folk pick up plants. Some are give free to the needy and some at a price to those who can buy. I Love Mumbai is a non-profit making NGO."

Last edited by Administrator on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Salman Tops it up

What happens when Salman Khan decides to stop over for a quick snack at the neighbourhood juice centre? Our photographer Sachin Haralkar caught the action as it unfolded

Posted On Friday, January 08, 2010 at 02:29:45 AM

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

When Sallu hitchhiked a bike!
TNN, 8 January 2010, 12:00am IST

Veer
Expect Salman Khan to do the unthinkable. And stylishly so. We heard that while shooting in London for Veer, Salman hitchhiked a ride to reach

Apparently, the actor was staying 15 minutes from the location of the shoot, and on one unfortunate bad-traffic day, Salman was held up for over 45 minutes on the road. It was crucial to reach the location on time, because they were losing the morning light, so Salman, as always, had a roundabout solution to the problem — but it worked. Our sources revealed that Sallu requested a biker for a ride, and the guy sweetly obliged. However, when the biker started riding slowly, Sallu made another plea.

He asked if he could take over and ride the bike instead. Well, after that he zipped, zapped, and zoomed on the two wheeler... all the way to the shoot. The biker was amazed, and when they reached the shoot he realised that he was in the company of our superstar. After that Sallu invited the guy on the sets, and he was so stunned by the entire experience that he hung around all day with Sallu. Well, the next time you see a gorgeous biker riding alongside, you never know... it could be our Khan man!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Salman ‘Veery’ Good Friend of Aamir
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 07, 2010]

Khantastic! The year 2010 seems to be the patch up period for the Khans… SRK recently commented that the 3 Khans can come together if someone writes a script accordingly.

Now, Sallu has come in full support of ‘Aamir’ and his ‘3 Idiots’.

At a promotional event when somebody asked him to react on the unfortunate incidents of ragging and suicide happening due to the influence of the film.

Salman supported Aamir and said, “The movie doesn’t encourage ragging and suicide is not the answer, the movie is against ragging and gives a positive message.”

Offering condolence to the family of the kid who committed suicide, Salman said that Aamir’s film sends a clear message and people should take it positively.

Wah Salman Bhai Wah, the brat is truly believes in ‘Being Human’.

Wonder what he will say when SRK’s much awaited ‘My Name Is Khan’ releases and reacts to SRK’s comment that the Three Khans can come together.

Last year, Salman and SRK had a tiff over some comment made by SRK at a party which the macho man didn’t took it lightly and it was ‘Aamir’ who tried to solve the matter and managed to cool down the emotional Salman.

Salman had returned the favour and come out in a ‘veery’ good support for ‘Aamir’

Let’s see when SRK and Salman say something good for each other.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Salman Khan to shake a leg at Zee TV’s Lux Dance India Dance

MUMBAI: The latest buzz doing the rounds is that superstar Salman Khan will soon make an appearance on the sets of Zee TV’s Lux Dance India Dance. The superstar is currently on an aggressive marketing campaign to promote his forthcoming film, Veer. If Salman’s previous appearances at Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and the first season of Lux Dance India Dance are anything to go by, one can expect the spirited actor to be at his mischievous best and dance up a storm on the sets of this popular dance reality show.

In the meanwhile, the news of Salman’s upcoming appearance has spread like wild fire amongst the top 18 contestants of the show and the talented bunch has already swung into overdrive with the help of their mentors Remo D’souza, Terence Lewis and Geeta Kapur, rehearsing day and night to dazzle their heartthrob with superlative performances.

The second season of Lux Dance India Dance, with its stupendous opening and countrywide following, has emerged to be the definitive platform for marketing upcoming Bollywood films. Akash Chawla, Marketing Head, Zee TV said, “We’re extremely happy to have actors and the makers of the biggest upcoming blockbusters visit our sets to encourage the young talent. Salman, who will be amongst the first to visit our sets this season, has always been a sheer delight on the sets. His presence and energy blend very beautifully with the vibe of the show. In the coming weeks, we will make announcements about various film celebrities that will grace the sets with their presence.”

Do not miss this rocking episode of Lux Dance India Dance on Zee TV at 9:30 PM on Friday, 22nd January.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Salman Khan jammed between Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif
Yesterday Salman Khan was stuck, literally stuck, in a very awkward situation.

He ran into both his exes Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif at Mehboob Studios and looked like he wanted to run out of there immediately. We can't help but feel sorry for Salman at such a situation.

Aishwarya was at Mehboob Studios shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish since morning. Katrina came in about two hours later to shoot for an advertisement. Her vanity van was parked just a little away from Aishwarya's. Then, Salman came in next to give his interviews for Veer and his van was parked in between Ash's and Katrina's.

On finding out whose vans were parked next to his, he was horrified. There was no way for him to leave and he couldn't even sit in his van. And because of space constraints, his van couldn't be moved to any other place.

Salman then had to give his interviews outside the van. We wonder how distracted he will sound in the interviews...!
--SAMPURN
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

I will make a good father, says Salman Khan

Soumyadipta Banerjee / DNAThursday, January 7, 2010 23:59 IST
Mumbai: With rumours abounding about Salman Khan’s split with Katrina Kaif, we decided to get candid with the man himself. Sallu pauses for a second in true Bollywood style when asked about whether marriage is on the cards, and then blurts out, “Marriage will happen soon. I definitely want to get married. I have told my dad about it too.”

But if he gets married, will it be Katrina? Salman nods his head rather cryptically. “Has Katrina told you this (about the split)?” he questions. “This has to come from Katrina. I won’t react to these rumours because I know how and where they are coming from. You will never hear these things coming out of Katrina. I have been married off and broken off a billion times in the past; I don’t think I need to break my head over this. I do want to get married but I don’t want to go through what other people go through after marriage.”

He adds that he’s looking forward to being a papa. “I am sure I will make a good father. I love to spend time with kids and it would be a blessing to have kids of my own. Otherwise, why do you get married? Marriage is for the sake of children. One day I would definitely want to play with my own kids. Don’t worry, I won’t make you wait for too long,” he laughs.

“I am not just past forty but I am on the wrong side of it. I am forty-five. I do feel the strain of my age. I do run out of breath at times while doing strenuous action scenes or dance moves. But I also think that the only way to turn old is to kill the young man inside you. I am genetically stronger and I will still be able to do what I am doing for some more years,” Salman ends.

Beefing it down!
For the first time in his career, Salman has decided to tone down his muscles which had become his trademark for the last 15 years. “I don’t want to look muscular in my movies right now. I am shedding my muscles. I want to look lean. I have stopped training with weights. I am more into freehand exercises and push-ups, sit-ups. This way I will lose my muscles without losing weight. You will see a very lean Salman soon.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next