Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

• News •

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:02 am

******* Star Cast

Salman Khan

Sonu Sood

Sonakshi Sinha

_________

** Producer :: Arbaaz Khan

** Director :: Anubhav Sinha

Last edited by Administrator on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:02 am

Salman-Sonu to strip for fight scene
11 Jul 2009, 0000 hrs IST, SHARIN WADER , TNN

Arbaaz Khan has invited Sonu Sood to step outside the shower and show his ripped body alongside Salman Khan’s in his first home production Dabangg.

The idea came after Arbaaz struggled to find a match to give the original six-pack star a takkar in the film. He wants to show a bare-bodied fight between the two and this seems to be working well.

Both Salman and Sonu are Biharis in the film, but Salman plays a corrupt cop, perhaps his first negative role. Their roles require them to speak with Bihari accents, which should be a challenge for Salman, he being notorious for an American twang in his dialogue delivery. Sonu, fortunately, had the bright idea of visiting his friend, Bihar’s infamous politician Pappu Yadav, for on-the-spot lessons.

The film also marks the debut of Shatrughan Sinha’s gorgeous daughter Sonakshi Sinha opposite Salman. She won’t be needing any lessons in how to be a Bihari having picked up mannerisms ever since she was dandled on her father’s knee as a baby... Shotgun Sinha being Bihar’s mouthpiece in Bollywood.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 am

This is probably the first time you'll see Salman Khan in the avatar of a boorish cop. In brother Arbaaz Khan's maiden venture as a producer, Salman plays a corrupt policeman from Uttar Pradesh. The film, Dabangg, will be directed by Anurag Kashyap's brother, Abhinav Kashyap. Dabangg is the Hindi word for fearless, and that describes Salman's character in the film aptly.

After a long time, Salman will discard his 'cool dude' aura and will step into a role that demands him to be uncouth and unpolished. He will master the UP slang and accent. He played a small-time goon in Tere Naam (2003), but this role, Arbaaz says, “…is terrific. Salman's fans have never seen him like this before. Besides, I haven't cast Salman because he is my brother, but he fits the character perfectly. When Abhinav offered me a role in the film, I immediately wanted to produce it. For long, I had been toying with the idea of turning producer. This was just the excuse I needed to take the plunge.” Arbaaz does have a role in Dabangg. But Salman, of course, is the star of the film.

The film sees the debut of Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi. Talking about the unusual casting, Arbaaz says, “There's no point in casting a heroine who has already been seen four times with Salman. I wanted to cast a stunning new girl and Sonakshi fits the bill. She has lost a lot of weight. She still needs to lose a little more.”

And now Arbaaz Khan’s production house has roped sonu sood in for their project, Dabang to be directed by Anurag Kashyap’s brother, Abhinav. The film boasts of Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan and Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter, Sonakshi in the cast.

“Abhinav suggested my name. He had been the assistant director for Mani Ratnam’s Yuva and knows me from those days,” says Sonu, who is looking forward to sharing screen space with Salman. “It’s going to be a great experience. Maybe, we can share notes on fitness,” hopes the actor, who is playing a youth leader in this political film which he says will be more on the lines of an Omkara.

“It’s about politicians in Bihar. And having lived with Biharis all my life, I can relate to the accent,” says Sonu, who has bagged one of the major roles in the project and is all set to start shooting from September.
That’s not all. With the news of Arundhati gearing up for a Bolly remake Sonu can’t wait to play baddie in the Hindi version too. “

The Telugu version was supposed to be canned within 65 days but with the special effects and gruelling make-up schedule, the shoot extended to 240 days instead,” reveals Sonu, adding that he used to wake up at 3 in the morning and the make-up session used to get over as late as 9.30 am. In fact, the same team will be in charge of the make-up for the Hindi version too.

Anurag Kashyap’s younger brother, Abhinav Kashyap is set to direct his first film.

While Salman Khan will play the lead in the film, it will be produced by bade bhaiyya Arbaaz Khan. A source close to Abhinav confirms the news and says, “Abhinav, Anurag’s brother, is ready with his film. The story revolves around a man who belongs to Uttar Pradesh. Salman will play the protagonist.”

Adds the source, “When Abhinav approached Arbaaz with the script and asked him to produce it, he suggested that Abhinav should cast Salman in the lead. Abhinav too loved the idea. Randeep Hooda will also play a pivotal role in the film. The film is scheduled to go on the floor soon.” When we contacted Abhinav, he said, “Yes, I am directing a film and did meet Arbaaz, but it’s too early to talk more about the film.” Abhinav has been an award-winning telly-director. He has also been an assistant to Mani Ratnam and has written the dialogues for Manorama Six Feet Under.

Last edited by Administrator on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 am

And now Arbaaz Khan’s production house has roped him in for their project, Dabang to be directed by Anurag Kashyap’s brother, Abhinav. The film
boasts of Salman Khan, Arbaaz Khan and Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter, Sonakshi in the cast.

“Abhinav suggested my name. He had been the assistant director for Mani Ratnam’s Yuva and knows me from those days,” says Sonu, who is looking forward to sharing screen space with Salman. “It’s going to be a great experience. Maybe, we can share notes on fitness,” hopes the actor, who is playing a youth leader in this political film which he says will be more on the lines of an Omkara.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Hot Shot(gun)

Shatrughan Sinha is livid at Arbaaz’s conviction that Bihar is risky as a location for Dabangg; will try to convince him to shoot there

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Monday, July 13, 2009 at 03:23:17 AM

Shatrughan Sinha

Although several Indian films are shot in Bihar every year, its dubious reputation for law and order hasn’t made it a haven for filmmakers. Producer Arbaaz Khan has decided to stay away from the state for Dabangg. A source close to the unit said, “We’ve heard many shocking stories about Bihar. So it seems very risky for Salman, debutante Sonakshi Sinha and the rest of the unit to work in Bihar.” A faux-Bihar will be created in Wai, Nasik and the suburbs of Mumbai, for the film.

However, Shatrughan Sinha, Sonakshi’s father, is aghast at the thought. Born in the state, he recently contested the election and won a seat from Bihar. He said, “What better occasion to prove that Bihar is safe, than my own daughter’s film? I’m certainly going to suggest to Salman and Arbaaz that they shoot at least a portion of Dabangg in Bihar.”

Not many know that Shatrughan Sinha has submitted a proposal for a film city in Patna to Bihar’s chief minister Nitish Kumar. Talking about his pet project, he said, “I don’t know why that proposal was brushed under the carpet. I feel a culture centre in Bihar which would include cinema, theatre and television would encourage and cultivate local talent. It would also encourage Bollywood to visit Bihar. Sadly even our Bihari filmmaker in Bollywood, Prakash Jha, has shot all his Bihar-based films like Mrityudand, Apaharan and Gangaajal outside Bihar. I’d like to change this.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 am

Don't look now, Sallu's changing
By: Tushar Joshi Date: 2009-07-18 Place:Mumbai

Actor will wear a moustache to essay his role as a corrupt police officer in Dabangg

Salman Khan will soon have something new on his upper lip. The actor will wearing a moustache for Abhinav Kashyap's film, Dabangg.

Produced by Arbaaz Khan, the movie also stars Sonu Sood and marks the debut vehicle for Sonakshi Sinha. Sources reveal that Salman will look rugged, unkempt and will sport a big moustache.

We tried out a couple of hirsute alternatives for our man. What suits him best? Blog on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Salman's look is very different from the usual flamboyant one his fans are used to.

He plays a negative character and will behave in a very uncivilised and loud manner in the film.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was Salman's idea to go all out as the corrupt police officer." Salman will also use the local dialect.

In fact, both Sonu Sood and Salman play negative roles in the project that will shot in the north.

Sonu's character is that of a youth leader with grey shades and he joins hands with Salman to instill fear among the hearts of people.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Mahie in a Khan project

Mahie Gill created a great impression with her debut act in Anurag Kashyap's Dev D. She delivered another good performance in Kashyap's Gulaal which released just a month after Dev D.

Now, Mahie Gill will be seen in a film to be directed by Anurag's younger brother, Abhinav Kashyap. Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi Sinha will make her debut in the film .

The film is called Dabangg and it is Arbaaz Khan's first production venture. Younger brother Sohail Khan already has his own production house. Sonakshi is said to be paired with Salman Khan.

Mahie says, "I have signed this film because when I read the script I just loved it. I've met Abhinav Kashyap earlier while working with Anurag. Arbaaz Khan is opposite me.That's all I can reveal on the details about the role. Once the shooting is over I guess only then I can say anything about my role."

Anubhav is impressed with her so much that he's been trying to create a whole new look for her in his film.

When asked if he took brother Anurag's guidance, Abhinav says, "Yes, but Anurag was not the first person to have read the script because he was very busy."

Unlike Garv in which we saw Salman playing a bad cop, in Dabangg we will be seeing Salman Khan playing a corrupt police officer from UP.

As for Mahie from a Deol co-star to a Khan co-star, its a big leap for her in an industry where nepotism sells.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Salman Khan is Dabang- Sohail Khan

July 27th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by sampurn

While the Khan Brothers are all set to release their next Kisaan, Sohail Khan is looking forward to his next co-production Main Aur Mrs Khanna and Arbaaz Khan is all set for his first production Dabang. Both the films have Salman in the lead. While Main Aur Mrs Khanna will see Salman in a soft romantic role opposite Kareena Kapoor, Dabang will show Salman Khan as a fearless cop. Incidentally, both the films are being directed by debutant directors. While Main Aur Mrs Khanna is being directed by Prem Soni; Dabang is being directed by Abhinav Kashyap.

Dabang which means a fearless copis an apt title for my brother, says brother Sohail Khan. “The film will see Sohail in a very loud character. He plays a corrupt police officer based in the north, and he will mouth very heavy dialogue. For the first time he will play a negative role. This image is in total contrast to his role in Garv” says Sohail.

But then Sohail defends his brother and says, Salman’s fearlessness comes from his confidence in his life. Salman bhai is a very honest man and when he says he has messed up he owns it up. His personality comes across. He’s too transparent. He will be seen in my next film Main Aur Mrs Khanna where he is very soft. Salman bhai has a romantic role here. You have to have faith in him when he works for you. He has been here in the industry for the last 18 years and he has a certain pattern of working. He loves to go to the gym, do his cycling and then begins work for the day. That’s Salman bhai” he concludes.

- Sampurn Media

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:37 pm

arbaaz khan's blog: Dabang 1st song recorded

content:

DABANGG 1st song recorded…
July 24th, 2009
The first song of my maiden production titled DABANGG got recorded last week. The music is by sajid wajid and the song is sung by sukhwinder singh.

My next song will hopefully be done by next week and its a damaal track full of masti, trust me it will be a huge hit..

I have 8 tracks in my film and touch wood all song are have been finalised and within the next month i shall have all of them recorded and then i do a non stop schedule from

october onwards till january and wrap up my film.

Will keep you all posted about the progress regularly…

cheers !!!!
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:20 am

They have given the film music a new definition with their fresh compositions. Be that HELLO BROTHER, MUJSE SHADI KAROGE, PARTNER, WELCOME or HELLO. The music director duo Sajid-Wajid continue to spin magic with every new film. Now, with news that Arbaaz Khan has signed the two for his upcoming maiden production DEBAANG, we caught with the melody maestros to talk about music and more.

We heard you will be composing music for Arbaaz Khan's upcoming film DEBAANG. It seems the Khan family really loves your music that's why you are a regular part of all their home productions. Is that a fact?
Actually, we come from a Gharana. Our family has long been associated with music and we have imbibed the family tradition well. As far as our relationship with the Khan Parivaar is concerned we have known each other for long. Salim Uncle (Salim Khan) has great sense of music. So, have all the three brothers Salman, Arbaaz and Sohail. We enjoy working with them since we share a similar outlook for the music compositions.

As far as Arbaaz's new film is concerned, we have bagged this ambitious project and are excited about trying out some new things this time around.

What kind of music are you planning to compose for DEBAANG?
I guess the demands of every film are different. As far as DEBAANG is concerned, we will be trying to compose music which is not limited to a particular generation but cuts across all age barriers. The best part of our working with this project is the fact that Arbaaz has a great musical sense and his suggestions are our precious possessions. We are surely keeping our surprise factor alive with this film too like we have done in the past.

What are some of your other films that you have composed for?
The films WANTED and VEER are some of their upcoming projects. The kind of fresh music you will hear in these films will surely give film music its new high. We have worked very hard on these projects and hope the audiences would love the music of these films too like they have done in the past.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 am

Sonakshi Sinha on the cover of Avante Garde
By Devansh Patel, August 4, 2009 - 12:25 IST

"Mark my words, you will never see me in a Bikini" is what Sonakshi Sinha confesses in the latest issue of Avant Garde Life. She has studied fashion designing, walked the ramp and is now making a dynamic leap into the world of Bollywood with a dynamic superstar by her side in her debut film, Salman Khan. Sonakshi has studied fashion for three years and during her college days in SNDT she came out as a 'Student of the Year'. By the end of it, she must've got her hands into the garment industry. But look where this chic is heading now. Bollywood Hungama found out by calling the beautiful actress that it was Salman Khan who encouraged Sinha to shed the kilos. "Look at your face. Shed some weight and we'll do a film together. Lose ten kilo's and we do it", said Salman Khan. Guess what the chubby Sonakshi did back then? She didn't lose ten. She lost thirty and put all her weight into her debut film which goes on floor later this year. Dabang meaning fearless is the name of Sonakshi's first film.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:56 am

Arbaaz Khan makes sexy wife Malaika an item girl?

04 Aug, 2009 12:34 pm ISTlTNN

Arbaaz Khan’s birthday gift to himself is the launch of his banner today. His first film will be the hard-hitting commercial Dabangg directed by Abhinav Kashyap with elder brother Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, himself and a host of established actors like Vinod Khanna and Anupam Kher.

An excited Arbaaz Khan says, “Turning producer was a natural process. My first aim was to establish myself as an actor. Now that I have done that, I felt the need to take things to the next level.’’ He explains that every actor has a dormant producer in him; and every producer has a dormant director in him. “That is why most Bollywood actors are setting up their production houses. And, once they’ve established their banner, they automatically turn towards direction.’’

So charged is he by the creative process that Arbaaz has been actively participating in every aspect of his film. Four songs have been recorded; the story-board is in place and though principal photography will start only in October 2009, the actor has already completed his location scouting in Maharashtra and Rajasthan.

Needless to say, elder brother Salman Khan who is reportedly playing a corrupt cop in Dabangg is a pillar of support to Arbaaz. “I don’t wish to reveal too much of the script at this stage,’’ says the actor, “All I can say is that the film will have Agrade production values and it will be in the mainstream format with pithy dialogue and some amazing action. Also, the fact that we are introducing Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter Sonakshi is an ace up our sleeve.’’

Will wife Malaika find a role? “There is no role for Malaika at the moment,’’ he says candidly. However he doesn’t rule out the possibility of including Malaika in a song. “She may do a dance number in our film, if the director feels it fits in aptly and if Malaika wishes to do it. Ideally, I’d like her to be part of my first production.’’

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 am

Arbaaz Khan's Blog
_____

Well lots happened this week, on the 2nd of march malaika and me were in Delhi to shoot for a show anchored by Soha ali khan.

It’s a game show which is aired on star plus, we really had a great time shooting it. All that we won on the show went to a charity called Karuna welfare that takes care of destitute kids..

My son Arhaan’s school re-opened on the 3rd august and he moved to grade 2, after a long vacation it was nice to see him get excited to go back to school without any fuss.

This year he has his best friend subhan with him in his class , they both are a handful together so the teachers have a job on hand to control them..

This 3rd of August also happens to be my sister Arpita’s 21st birthday , she had her party at Taj lands end , it was a rocking night.

4th of august was my birthday so we brought in my birthday also the same night with family and friends.. Everybody was having a great time, my music directors sajid-wajid carried one of the tracks recorded for my film and played it at the party, the response was amazing, everybody just swarmed the dance floor,it just reinstated my belief that i have a popular and hit track.. inshalllah !!!
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Salman drops plan to sport a moustache in Dabangg

By: Subhash K Jha Date: 2009-08-11 Place: Mumbai

Salman Khan wanted to grow a real moustache to play a rustic cop in Dabangg. But the mouche now seems to be a remote possibility.

Those ambitious plans of changing his looks to look like a corrupt debauched cop, have been considerably toned down

The reason is simple. Khan superstars with moustaches just don't go down well with the udience. Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's most disastrous films in recent times were Mangal Pandey and Paheli, respectively.

Commenting on the status of the hero's moustache in Dabangg, Salman's brother Arbaaz Khan (also the film's producer) says, "We're still undecided. It will all depend on Salmanbhai whether he would finally go with the mouche or not.

He's shooting Dabangg at a stretch from September, so we thought there was ample time for him to actially grow one. Now we aren't sure. Salman bhai wanted to grow a real moustache. The fake ones never look convincing on screen."

And that's where the problem began. Sallu isn't quite keen on moving around with a moustache for four months. Also, Dabangg won't be shot on location in Bihar now. "I'm in Wai right now. And the locations here replicate the dusty ambience of a North Indian town almost every detail. No one can tell the difference," says Arbaaz. Earlier, the film was supposed to be located in Bihar. "But now we aren't naming the town. It could Varanasi or Patna or anywhere in India."

And if you must know, Salman ain't that 'bad' in Dabangg any longer. Says Arbaaz, "I'd say he plays a believable human character with shades of grey. Dabangg isn't the most negative character that Salman plays. But it's definitely the most human character."

Back to top Go down
salmandev

salmandev

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:53 am

i want 2 see salman in moustace
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkut.com
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Sonkashi Sinha's sacrifice for Salman

Star daughters who lost 'it'!
Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi Sinha has lost 30 kg for her film opposite Salman Khan. Check out other baby dolls of Bollywood who shed pounds for meaty roles.

Shatrughan Sinha's daughter is leaving no stone unturned for her debut film opposite Salman Khan. To prove that she is in the same league as Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, she has already lost 30 kg. Both her Kapoor seniors too battled and won over their weight issue!

Shatru's daughter has spent the last two years working on getting in shape. Her inspiration was her leading man, who not only gave her tips how to look go from flab to fab, but also kept her motivated.

Talking about losing kilos, Sonakshi tells a daily, "It took two years of hard work, determination and will power. I knew it wasn't going to be easy when I started, but once I did, there was no looking back. It was a combination of proper diet and vigorous exercise that got me to the shape I am in now."

Describing her workout regimen, she adds, "I did weight training four to five times a week along with cardio. I eat small meals every three hours to keep me going."

About her co-star she says, "Our fondness for each other is mutual! He saw potential in me and egged me on to lose weight. I would say his contribution was the highest as I started taking it seriously only after he told me to."

Way to go lady. May you carve a niche for yourself as Kareena and Sonam Kapoor!
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 am

When it’s home-made
Salman Khan had an informal party before the launch of his home production Dabang which goes on the floors in May. Katrina Kaif, Sohail Khan and Arpita Khan were spotted. Also attending were Aditya Pancholi, Divya Dutta, Raj Kundra sans Shilpa and the gorgeous Malaika Arora-Khan who appeared in a ruffled skirt. Yash Birla showed up in a singlet and a belt with a tiny metal skull dangling over the front of his jeans, while Salman himself came in his Being Human T-shirt which has become something of a trademark with him.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Salman to give up his Yankee accent!
Friday, November 27, 2009, 10:18 [IST]

By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee

A lot has been said and written about Bollywood actor Salman Khan's Yankee accent which at times makes him incomprehensible. Believe it or not, Salman is all set to give it up not in real life but in his upcoming movie Dabang. Salman will be playing a corrupt police officer based in the North who loves to mouth loud dialogues in northern accent. For the first time in his career Salman will play a negative role.

Dabang will be directed by Abhinav Kashyap and will be the first home production for Arbaaz Khan who also plays a important role in the movie. Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi Sinha will be making her debut in the movie. Ashley Rebello who is designing Salman's outfit for the movie said that Salman would sport a look unlike what he has done so far in his career. We hope Dabang makes Salman drop his Yankee accent forever.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:52 am

Salman springs a surprise on Sonakshi??

Salman Khan surprised Sonakshi Sinha, actor Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter, by gifting her a fancy cellphone.

A source said, “Salman Khan gifted Sonakshi a Blackberry Bold, which he bought on the spur of the moment to gift her. Sonakshi was moved by Sallu’s gesture and did not know how to react.”

The actress who is all set to debut soon is not familiar with Salman’s generous streak. “Sallu is large hearted and is a great co-star. He loves to spring surprises on his friends.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Sohail takes time off for brother Arbaaz's Dabangg

Sohail Khan is taking a long sabbatical from his own career commitments to look after brother Arbaaz's first production Dabangg.

Earlier, it was decided that Sohail and Arbaaz would do their own thing and produce movies individually. But now the scenario has changed drastically. Veer will be the last film where audiences will get to see Sohail as an actor or producer for quite some time.

Explains Sohail, "It's true Arbaaz and I had decided we'd produce our own films, but I think he needs me on his project. Dabangg is his first production. He also has a major role in it. He won't be able to handle it alone."

The concerned sibling has now taken seven months off to help Arbaaz. "I'll be fully there for Arbaaz until May 2010, when Dabangg gets over."

Not only are the three brothers working closely on projects produced by the Khan-daan, they have also pooled in their creative might torelease Salman's Veer which has got itself into a bit of production problem because Sallu and director Anil Sharma can't see eye to eye.

Sohail has no plans in the immediate future of casting Salman in one of his productions. His next could be My Punjabi Nikaah the desi adaptation of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, meant to star Sallu and Kareena. He wants to revive the project. "But not with Bhai any more. I want to make it with a younger cast. I want to cast Ranbir Kapoor or Imran Khan."
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Salman, the moral science teacher?

Currently shooting in Panchgani, the star is being mobbed by school kids and spends his time giving them tips on health and hygiene

By Subhash K Jha
Posted On Saturday, December 26, 2009 at 03:28:59 AM

Salman Khan may have left for Panchgani with the sole purpose of shooting for his home production Dabangg, but he finds himself turning into an impromptu lecturer.

There is a school next to the resort where Salman is put up. The film’s unit tried to keep Salman’s presence at the resort a secret, but their attempts proved to be futile and the news spread like wildfire in Panchgani. The school’s students clambered over the boundary walls to meet Salman.

A source close to Salman said, “The students have been spending a lot of time with the star. The kids are now flocking to the resort in large numbers everyday. Salman talks to the students about physical training, health, diet and hygiene.”

The source added, “But then he got to know that they’ve been climbing over the wall and probably bunking classes. Now he’s very particular about when and how they come to meet him.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 am

Subhash K Jha

Salman Khan and his beautiful sister-in-law Malaika Arora have never shared a screen space before, let alone performed an item song together.

The status quo changes this Tuesday(January 12) when the sizzling Malaika known to set the screen on fire with song-and-dance numbers like ‘Chaiyyan Chaiyyan’ with Shahrukh Khan in Dil Se and ‘Mari Ve’ in Kaante, is all set to do an item song with Salman Khan for the Abhinav Kashyap-directed Dabangg.

The song which goes with the raunchy title ‘Munni Badnaam Hui Darling Tere Liye’ is composed by Lalit Pandit. Salman’s new best-friend Farah Khan will choreograph the sizzling-hot track.

Malaika’s husband Arbaaz Khan who produces Dabangg gives a confirmation on Malaika’s item song with Salman. “It’s a very earthy track in one of those rugged sweaty Bihari bars, something like ‘Beedi Jalaile’ from Omkara but different. Malaika will play a dancer who has come from out of town to regale the revelers. While she will be dancing, Salman joins her.”

While the rest of the songs in Dabangg are composed by Sajid-Wajid, the Salman-Malaika item song is tuned by Lalit Pundit.

Says Arbaaz, “When I heard the track I knew I had to have it in Dabangg.It will set the charts on fire. And Malaika will certainly do justice to it.”

Although Arbaaz has a pivotal role in Dabangg he doesn’t share any scenes with his wife. Says Arbaaz, “My hands are pretty full as a producer and an actor in Dabangg. I’m enjoying every bit of it. We want the film to come out as something special, and not just another movie. Though it’s a full-on action-packed drama Dabangg will present Salman like never before.”

Arbaaz hopes to release Dabangg during Eid this year.

-Real Bollywood
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Salman Khan is in pain
Bollywood stars, like cricketers, seem to have become injury prone. First it was Akshay Kumar who hurt his back a few days back; now, it’s the sturdy and muscular Salman Khan who sprained his arm while shooting for bhai Arbaaz Khan’s film Dabanng.

What happened was Salman was shooting an action scene under the guidance of stunts director Vijayan when he ended up twisting his right arm in a nasty way. The actor suffered a ligament tear and was in pain. However, he didn’t want the shoot to get delayed so he popped in painkillers to continue shooting for the day.

However, the arm kept hurting and was in worse shape by the evening.

Since the producer happens to be none other than his bro Arbaaz, Sallu requested to be excused from the shoot for a few days to be able to recuperate fully.

Arbaaz has confirmed Salman’s injury and also revealed that the actor is in pain.

We wish Salman speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Salman khans new name is chulbul pandey
Salman khan's on screen names are as famous as his acts. Remember his favourite character names, Prem and Radhey. Now, here is another name of his upcoming act that will surely make you smile.

In his forthcoming film DEBANGG, Salman Khan will have a unique character name. Something which his fans might find surprising. According to sources who have sneaked this inside information out to us, Salman Khan's character name in DEBANGG will be Chulbul Pandey. This not the end of fun. Sonu Sood, who will also be part of this film, has been named Cheddi Singh in order to add to the fun.

Sonakshi Sinha, who will be making her film debut opposite Salman Khan in the film, is named Rajo and she will be playing Salman's wife in the film.

DEBANGG deals with the subject of mafia and is set in Bihar. The film is a comic take on the mafia of the land and the name of the characters suggests that this laughathon is surely going to rock at the box office.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

The three brothers of bollywood that is Salman, Arbaaz and Sohail Khan are literally the three musketeers of contemporary times. That is to say those in spite of being in the same profession the three brothers are known to be as close to each other as peas in a pod. Now it is common knowledge that the three brothers care about one another to such an extent that it is a classic example of the emotional attachment normally shown in our Hindi flicks but rare to come by in real life.

Now to prove that there is a true bonding between the brothers a recent incident that took place is one classic example. According to reliable sources, there was to be a stage show during the wedding reception of the son of Mr Pradeep Dhoot who is the brother of the owner of the famous ‘Videocon brand’ MR Venugopal Dhoot. There was to be a show by Salman Khan too and he was given RS 1.5 crores in advance for the single performance.

It so happened that Salman is busy shooting for his brother Arbaaz’s film ‘Dabanng’and there was to be an action sequence to be filmed for which an action master from the south had been called along with his stuntmen. Now this action sequence had to be filmed around the same time as the show for the reception. Thus when his brother informed him about the kind of loss that he would have to go through with the shooting having to be cancelled, Salman immediately decided to opt for the shooting and so like a very good brother he sent back the entire cash that he had received from the Videocon people as he would not be able to perform for them.

This gesture of Salman has gone down very well with all as he has proved to one and all that his heart is far larger than any one else and his love for people who matter to him can know no boundaries. Earlier too the same stunt master had to be sent back when Salman had injured his right arm shooting for the same film so this time without any further delay.

The elder brother showed his duty and did a fair play. Now we can say safely ‘Bade Bhaiya Wah Wah’!

__

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

• News • Empty
PostSubject: Re: • News •   • News • Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

• News •
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next