Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesFaceBookTwitterRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Short News [C] [Confirmed]

Go down 
+3
Ghani
kajol131
Administrator
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this thread, Only Those news will be featured which are official and authentic. Confirmed by the related news official or by Salman Himself.

No News which is not confirmed or a rumour will be featured here.

Thanks

Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tskfc.com

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

Why is Vidya wooing Salman Khan?
30 Jul, 2010 12:00 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

There is no dearth of actresses who don’t have Salman Khan on their wish list of actors they want to work with. And the sexy seductress Vidya Balan is no different. We hear the actress, who is herself on the wish list of every actor in tinsel ville, is desperate to romance the hottest hunk Salman, on-screen of course.

Apparently, the actress is going around declaring that Salman’s like the quintessential lover and she wants to do a romantic role with him. While complimenting Salman is fine, Vidya’s act is being seen by many as too hard an effort to attract his attention. However, with Salman now sticking to doing films with fresh and young faces like Sonam, Ayesha, Sonakshi and Asin, we wonder if Vidya stands a chance!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 am

Big macho man of Bollywood is someone who has a heart of gold too. We are aware of his charity. Recently, Salman set an instance by donating blood at the blood donation camp at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH) located in Maldives.

The donation camp was organized by the India–Maldives friendship festival 2010 that is held on an annual basis. Eminent and important personalities like Mohamed Nasheed, the First Lady Laila Ali Abdulla, some ministers and elder officials of the government were also in attendance.

Having beforehand participated in a charity programme for the MAP or the Medical Assistance Programme at the Villingili Children’s Home, Maldives, Salman took off some time to judge a kid’s painting exhibition held at the Iskandhar School. Not only did he chose the best painting, but also entertained the kids through songs and dance at their request.

The media was requested not to be there by Salman himself; however media or no media; Sallu bhai and the kids had a gala time.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:34 pm

FILMFARE TOP ACTOR LIST = 2009

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 am

Sonakshi to work with Salman, brothers again..

Shatrughan Sinha's daughter Sonakshi, who enters Bollywood with 'Dabangg', can't stop praising co-star Salman Khan and his brothers. The debutante has signed on with producer Arbaaz Khan for her second film too.

'Yes I am doing another film for Arbaaz Khan. But we haven't decided on the subject and other details. All I know is, that's the only film I've said yes to. Otherwise I'll wait for 'Dabangg' to be released before signing anything,' Sonakshi said.

Salman is taking a keen interest in the newcomer's career and has reportedly advised her not to sign any more films until her first film is released. This could be the reason why Sonakshi has turned down lucrative offers from several big banners.

The trailers of 'Dabangg' went on air this week. And Sonakshi immediately made an impact on many minds, including Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who wants to offer her a role. But Salman, who has earlier introduced actresses like Bhumika Chawla ('Tere Naam') and Zarine Khan ('Veer'), has already blocked Sonakshi's dates.

Sonakshi is all praise for the way Salman treated her during the shoot. 'Why only Salman? Arbaaz and Sohail also looked after me like a family member. I've been so spoilt by them that I don't know how I'll work with other banners where I'd just have to be very professional in my dealings.'

Was she ever intimidated by Salman?

'Not at all,' Sonakshi laughed. 'He's a really chilled-out guy. If I didn't have Salman and his brothers to look after me in my first film I don't know how I'd have gathered the confidence to take the plunge into acting,' Sonakshi said.

She stressed that she will only do films and roles that make her comfortable. 'That is one thing I'm sure of. I won't do anything that would embarrass me or my parents.'

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 am

Ash to clash with Sallu
Guess who’s taking takkar with Salman Khan at the box office this Eid?

Not Karan Johar, the filmmaker prudently brought forward the release of his We Are Family to September 3, to clear the deck for Salman’s Dabanng on the 10th; but it’s Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who’s bilingual The Robot opposite Rajinikanth is believed to be slated for a simultaneous release.

The promos of Dabanng have created a kind of trade flurry. Bollywood’s enfant terrible in his Robin Hood act has captured the imagination of the tapori class and the tradewallahs. It is the film promo that has the highest number of hits on an internet site, says a television journalist.
Shockingly fast internet connection with Airtel Broadband. Get Now

As for the Rajinikanth-Aishwarya starrer in Hindi and Endhiran in Tamil, a trade source says, “ So far they have only said The Robot is coming in September. Whether it will come on Eid will be announced shortly. However, there is scope for both films. Dabanng will prove to be very strong in the Hindi belt and Rajnikanth, who is a demi God in Tamil Nadu, has the biggest patronage ever in the South.’’ Bollywood trade consultant Amod Mehra says, “The recovery pattern for a Rajinikanth film is very unusual. Besides the regular markets for South films, Rajinikanth also has a huge fan base in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, UK and Australia.’’
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:04 am

Salman, Vivek's charity connection!
Vivek Oberoi and Salman Khan seem to share some connection that extends beyond their history... In fact, it has also to do with geography and charity.

Not too long ago, Vivek got associated with a local organisation in Sri Lanka for a charity project that even saw him attend the mass wedding of several ex-LTTE members. Incidentally, Salman too happened to pledge his support to the same charity organisation that is dedicated to rehabilitate former LTTE members.

Well, the two stars, or rather Mr Khan may have his differences with VO, but the two still share common vibes when it comes to matters of the heart. Ironical indeed!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 am

‘I am not acting with Salman Khan’

I haven’t even been approached by anyone, this is news to me,” exclaimed actress Priya Mani, when DC asked her about the latest buzz that she has been cast opposite Bollywood hottie Salman Khan in the sequel to Wanted. The actress, who is currently in Hyderabad, isn’t able to hide her surprise. “Who would let go of an opportunity to act with Salman? If I receive one, I will grab it immediately,” says the National Award-winning actress who has just returned after holidaying in the US.

Talking about her holiday, the dusky beauty says, “The holiday was long due. After working continuously over the past few years, I feel rejuvenated after this break,”

While returning from the US, the actress halted for a day in Bengaluru before joining the unit of Mammootty’s Pranchiyettan and the Saint that was shooting in Kerala. “I read about the Salman story in the newspapers. Last week a certain section of the media even wrote that Kangna Ranaut had replaced me in Priyadarshan’s Hindi project. I’m not even aware of these developments,” she says.

The actress discloses that she has been receiving quite a few offers from Bollywood after her appearance in Mani Ratnam’s Raavan and RGV’s Rakta Charitra. “A lot of producers have been calling me from Mumbai. I don’t mind accepting roles that give me some scope even if it is opposite newcomers. But it all depends on the banner, director and script,” she signs off. Currently, Priya is busy with a Nagarjuna film in Tollywood, where her career is looking up.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 am

Will Salman's tweet magic work for 'Dabangg'?
Calcutta News.Net
Monday 9th August, 2010 (IANS)
Paul, the Octopus created a worldwide stir with his accurate predictions for the World Cup matches. In Bollywood, Salman Khan is building up a reputation for perfect prophecies about a movie's fate on the social networking site Twitter .

Ever since Salman joined Twitter, he has been regularly recommending one film or another. And the ones that he has so far recommended have all been successes. It started first with 'Raajneeti'. One of Salman's first tweets was in favour of the film, although he had not seen it. Prakash Jha's political thriller clicked at the box office.

Then came Salman's tweets on debutant Punit Malhotra's 'I Hate Luv Storys'. That too jelled with the audience. Lately, Salman has been gung-ho about another debutant Abhishek Sharma's 'Tere Bin Laden' because its producer Pooja Shetty is a pal.

That too has been very well-received.

Brother Arbaaz is now sure the tweet-magic would work for their home production 'Dabangg'. Without informing Arbaaz, Salman has already started posting images and comments on 'Dabangg' on the social networking site.

'If Salman's recommendations worked for three films so far, why not for us? We seem to have a resident soothsayer. And I plan to make maximum use of him,' said Arbaaz.

He admits Salman has started his Twitter campaign for 'Dabangg' a little prematurely.

'He has been going around taking pictures on the sets and putting them on Twitter. It shows his enthusiasm for the film. I am happy to have Salman on my side. 'Dabangg' is a very important release for Salman. He has no other release this year. We hope to use his time for him to visit non-metropolitan cities for promotion, since 'Dabangg' is set in a small north Indian town,' he said.

As for his uninterrupted luck on Twitter Arbaaz laughs: 'I think more producers need to have Salman on their side, if the industry is to have more hits.'

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 am

Salman Khan slams 'Incredible India'
Press Trust of India
Monday, August 09, 2010 (Mumbai)

Salman Khan is angry and this time it has nothing to do with Vivek Oberoi. The Bollywood
superstar, famous for being politically incorrect, is irked by the current state of affairs in the country.

The 44-year-old star, who plays a corrupt cop in Abhinav Singh Kashyap's upcoming film 'Dabanng' expressed his displeasure on the micro-blogging website Twitter.

"Whts India? Nation whr Pizza rchs home Faster thn Ambulance & Police...Whr u get Car Loan @ 5 percent bt Edu Loan @12 percent(sic!). Whr Rice is Rs 40 bt Sim card is free...Whr ppl worship Goddess Durga bt wnt to kill their girl child," Salman wrote in a post.

"Olympic shooter wins gold, govt gives 3crore. Another shooter dies fighting with terrorist, govt pays 1 lakh. Really, Incredible India," he added.

However, the actor later clarified that the views expressed are messages he has recived which he forwarded through tweets.

"The earlier twts r sms thtve been floating ard. I thot I shud shar it wit u guys!(sic)'," Salman wrote on his page.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:05 am

Salman's charity act
August 11, 2010 06:32:40 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

Salman Khan recently showed his kind side once again when he made the day for two street kids.

Salman who was out for an early morning cycle ride was amazed to notice two street kids looking at him. When he queried about what they wanted, pat came the reply "cycle".

So, Salman immediately called his secretary and ordered him arrange for two brand new cycles for the two street urchins.

This simple act surely made the day for the two surprised kids who couldn't believe that the man who gifted them is after all known for his big heart.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:15 pm

DABANGG Salman Khan reveals his fears
August 14, 2010 11:45:11 AM IST
Pankaj Sabnani, Bollywood Trade News Network

Salman Khan is perceived exactly as the title of his forthcoming film- DABANGG (meaning fearless). He is headstrong and known to have his own way. But did you know that he too has his set of fears?

Says Salman, "There are some things which you are fearless and there are some which you fear a lot. I just hope that my family and friends remain together. I have the fear of losing my loved ones. Everyone should remain hail and hearty."

The actor further added, "As far as career goes, I don't have any fears. I am in the industry for more than 20 years. The younger generation might be having that insecurity."

Directed by Abhinav Kashyap, DABANGG also stars Sonakshi Sinha and is all set to release on September 10.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Salman Khan: Sonakshi Sinha Has All the Qualities Of An Actress
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2010 (EST)
Salman Khan says he predicted years ago that Sonakshi Sinha will become an actress.

August 15, 2010, (Sawf News) - Salman Khan says he predicted years ago that Sonakshi Sinha will become an actress.

When Sonakshi, who is now 23, was an overweight teen, Salman had seen the actress in her.

"That time she was very plump. But from her expressions, we figured that she could emote very well (on screen). She could dance very well. We knew she has all the qualities. When she lost weight, she just fit into place," Salman told IANS.

As widely reported, Salman convinced Sonakshi and her parents, Shatrughan and Punam Sinha, to let her debut in films with a lead role in Dabangg.

"She was not interested in movies. Even now she is not much interested. It took lot of convincing before she agreed to do the role. But they are part of my family, you know. I told her that there would be a lot of advantages because of her father whom we all respect and that she would be treated like a family member," said Salmann

"Though there is not much dance in the film for her character, but she dances really, really well," he said.

Salman has been mentoring Sonakshi as an actor and also helping her get into shape and take up painting.

On her part, Sonakshi has become a Salman trooper. Following in his footsteps, she has started donating blood.

Salman is a regular at donating blood, not only in India, he did so even in Mauritius last month.

"Just donated blood! Not a big deal, 350 ml can help 3 ppl and ur body will make up for it in 24 hrs. Sui se kya darna? Go do it. NOW!" Sonakshi tweeted on August 15.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:18 pm

´Tees Maar Khan´ : Farah Signs Salman Khan For An Item Number?
- Planet Bollywood Special Correspondant

Let us know what you think about this story

The third project (after 'Main Hoon Na' and 'Om Shanti Om') from the Farah Khan stable, the Akshay-Katrina starrer 'Tees Maar Khan' is getting more and more interesting.

While it is well known that Katrina is playing an item girl in the film and has a mind blowing track 'Sheela Ki Jawani'. But the gossip mills are abuzz that Farah Khan has gone ahead and signed Salman Khan for a item number in the film.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Salman Khan Keeps His Promise
Aug 14th, 2010 | SB

Dabangg stars Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha paid a surprise visit to director Prem Soni’s residence to wish him on his birthday on Wednesday.
After a tepid response to the last Salman Khan starrer Main Aurr Mrs Khanna, it was said that Salman was upset with his director Prem Soni and the two would never work together again.
However, to everybody’s surprise Salman was the first to arrive and the last to leave the party held at Soni’s residence. Salman was suffering from cold and fever and was not in the mood to socialise. But the actor kept his promise to his director. “I have come to wish my friend Prem on his birthday,” was all that he said.

In fact, Salman’s entire family came to wish Prem Soni on his birthday. It is also said that Salman has signed Soni’s next feature, but everything is under wraps at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Kangna in the Khan clan?
By: Upala KBR Date: 2010-08-17 Place: Mumbai

B-Town is abuzz about the growing dosti between Salman and the Ranaut girl. Is she simply yet another actress Sallu has taken under his wing?

Salman Khan and Kangna Ranaut are slowly but surely becoming close. Everyone is talking about these new
B-Town dosts. This bonding is being discussed at dinner parties in star homes. There are various versions about where this unlikely pair met and became friends. It is a mystery because they haven't worked together.

Even Sallu's closest friends and family members aren't sure about exactly what is going on. Everyone is playing the wait and watch game because in the past too, Khan has adopted many actresses (Sneha Ullal, Zarine Khan, Sonakshi Sinha), supported them emotionally, guided them and even promoted them. Will this be any different or progress further? Read on to decide.

1.The actress has been signed for the next untitled Being Human production opposite the Dabangg actor. The film is a Hindi remake of Manjrekar's Marathi film Mee Shivajiraje Bhosle Boltoy. Everyone thought he might cast his all-time favourite Katrina Kaif, or recent favourite Sonakshi Sinha, but he wanted his current favourite Kangna Ranaut, to work with him in his home production.

2. It was her big night -- the success party of Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai on August 4 but Kangna left the party early and was later seen at Galaxy Apartments where the Super-Brat lives. She was seen leaving his apartment building in the wee hours of the morning.

At Arpita Khan's birthday party

3 Khan doesn't make new friends. When it comes to partying, he sticks to a small group of friends. He doesn't allow for new members, yet at his younger sister Arpita Khan's birthday party on August 5, Kangna Ranaut mingled with his family. Although Kangs and Salman kept a safe distance from each other, by the end of the evening, quite a few people were talking about this new entrant in the Khan clan.

At the blood donation drive

4 On Sunday (August 15) Kangna was one of the few actresses who was seen at a Blood Donation Drive organised by the actor. She turned up looking pale perhaps because she has been under the weather. But she made the trip to show support for Khan.

The Other Side
Kangna remained unavailable for comment. However an industry insider clarifies:
"Kangna was approached for the Being Human production a few days ago and asked to allot her dates in August. Salman has known her for the last two years. They first met on the sets of Dus Ka Dum, where he promised to do a film with her. Ever since, they kept in touch. He often gives her advice on career and life. After the success party of OUATIM, she went to Salman's house to discuss the film. She thinks he is a nice guy and enjoys his company. Sallu's younger sister is friends with the actress and it was Arpita who invited Kangs to her birthday party at a Juhu nightclub. As for the blood donation camp, she got a call from Salman's people asking her to come and donate blood. So, she went."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Saif-Akshay-Salman, Sajid's gift for Eid!
18 Aug, 2010 10:34 am ISTlMeena Iyer I TNN /TNN

As an Eid-ul-Fitr gift to himself, Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala has planned the launch of three major films next month that could take his budget beyond Rs 150 crore. The producer has quietly been working on announcing these films since April this year. And though all Sajid ominously says is “wait and watch”, the buzz in the industry is that he is almost ready to throw open the floors for the three films.

On August 16 (Saif Ali Khan’s birthday), Sajid called the actor in Switzerland and told him that he wanted to produce a film directed by Siddharth Anand with Saif in the lead. Siddharth and Saif have worked together on Salaam Namaste and Tara Rum Pum. Sources say that talks are on with Katrina Kaif to play the female lead. However, chances are that Priyanka Chopra will bag this film. Saif and Priyanka are a virgin screen pair. And the actress happens to be an inhouse favourite with Sajid and Siddharth because she’s the leading lady in their Anjaana Anjaani. Then there’s a sequel to Housefull. It is to be directed by Sajid Khan and will have Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Arjun Rampal and Boman Irani. The girls are yet to be signed on but Deepika Padukone could definitely be one of them. The third film in Sajid’s bouquet is Kick with his best friend Salman Khan in the lead. And the leading lady here in all likelihood is Salman’s current favourite Sonakshi Sinha. Sajid admitted, “You have the names of the leading men right. As for the leading ladies, it’s suspense! I am talking to all the girls that you mention. However, which girl will pair with which hero is something I won’t reveal now.” Honestly, whether Salman romances Sonakshi or Katrina on screen, the effect is the almost the same! It can only get a few degrees hotter or colder!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Salman Khan Funtastic on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 (EST)
Salman Khan brought the house down singing and dancing with the participants of Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar at Famous Studios in Mahalaxmi, Mumbai on Tuesday, August 17.

Salman, 44, braved pouring rain to be on the show's set, and once there he let his guard down along with the umbrella.

Clean shaven and with slicked back hair, Salman looked cool in blue faded jeans and white V-neck Tee. He indulged the media with a patient tête-à-tête and charmed the audience singing and dancing with uninhibited fervor.

This Independence Day Salman surprised the Go India Foundation blood donation drive by arriving with his Dabangg team - Arbaaz Khan, Suhail Khan, Sonakshi Sinha and director Anubhac Kashyap - to donate blood. He also gave a shout out to his Twitter fans to join him for the good cause.

"If u hv blood in your veins thn donate," he besseched his Twitter followers on August 14.

After donating blood on the 15th he dramatically Tweeted:

"Jst left nw , mere saath khoon nahi diya, toh kya diya?"

Those who came out in his support included Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut, Ameesha and Ashmit Patel, Farah Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Dia Mirza, Dino Morea, sister Arpita and sister-in-law Malaika Arora Khan.

Ritesh Deshmukh had earlier shot for a commercial for the drive at the request of Salman Khan.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am

Salman Khan on his star value and his method in moodiness....

Promotion drive
Actually, we aren't promoting "Dabangg" that much; we haven't done even a 10-city tour that usually people do.Still, people are saying Kitna publicity karoge, and we're wondering ki publicity kiya kahan hai bhai! Now, we don't know whether to go ahead and do more publicity and let it come out of people's ears, or just stop it.

Secular Salman
Personally, I don't like doing all these interviews. See, questions don't rattle me, but bad intention does! Like today, when I was asked why our film is being dubbed as an Eid release when it's also coinciding with Ganeshostav; that pained me, upset me, it's ridiculous. My major films have released during Diwali and "Dabangg" is releasing on Eid. It's simple but when I see people trying to use religion to cause controversy and divide, it angers me. See, I'm the one who gets the fatwa for celebrating Ganeshostav, not they. So why are they worried? I have a Hindu mom, a Muslim dad, my second mother is a Catholic, just who are these people trying to create a divide? By the way fatwa in Arabic means opinion — not a ban or order etc. And any communication that exists is between Allah and his banda. Islam also teaches us to respect all religions and that's what we do in our family. Even when people ask all sorts of personal questions, when I see the intention is not right; I too give any sort of answer!

Star value
I just can't sit idle at home. Everyday I have to do something different and all these years that's what I've been doing. If I compare myself to the lady below (pointing to a labourer in the fields) I consider myself fortunate. If I compare myself to people who have it all, maybe, I'd feel inadequate. So, it's all about where you see yourself.

Method in moodiness
If I hear a script, a song or see exciting talent and it pleases me, I want that music or that actor to be part of my project. So I bring them on board. That's it. I just know my pulse! All things that people like to see stars doing cannot be possible if the stars do not keep the child inside them alive. It's this child inside me that keeps audiences entertained."

Good perception
Actually I do mingle with various sections of society — from my driver, to the press, to my family, friends and I am constantly listening to opinions. I feel if these are the views that I have got from people I know, it must be the same in other homes too. If I think twice before signing on the dotted line, I know for sure that film's not gonna do well."

Read more: Don't talk religion: Salman - The Times of India [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:25 pm

When Salman got upset and cancelled Hyderabad events

By Subhash K. Jha, September 14, 2010 - 11:02 IST

Hyderabad is one city that Salman Khan won't forget that easily. It's the city where last week on Tuesday afternoon Salman, Sonu Sood and Sonakshi Sinha were mobbed jostled bruised and even thrown to the ground, and there was nothing that Salman and his 30 bouncers could do to control the hysterical mob.

The situation got so out of hand that Salman not only left the scene with his colleagues in an obvious fury, he even cancelled another major event scheduled in Hyderabad for the same evening and headed straight for the airport to get home as soon as possible.

An eyewitness says, "Salman hates being pushed around in crowds. He feels he is there for the janta, so why do they need to jostle? But what happened at the In-Orbit mall in Hyderabad infuriated Salman. Sonakshi got pushed around. This was intolerable to Salman. He has made a promise to Sonakshi's father that he will look after her. Salman can't bear to see his promise to the concerned father being compromised in any way. He immediately headed to the airport with her and caught the first flight out of Hyderabad."

Confirming these incidents, Sonu Sood who accompanied Salman and Sonakshi said, "All three of us were pushed around. Sonakshi and I even fell to the ground. I have bruises on my arms and legs. She too was injured. The bouncers could do nothing. Salman was like, 'This is too much. We can't handle this, let's get out of here.' He cancelled the other event and we headed back to Mumbai by an earlier flight than the one we were booked on."

Sonakshi who was recovering from the frightening tryst with Hyderabadi hysteria at her home on Wednesday morning was yet to understand the enormity of the situation.

Says Sonakshi, "The crowds in Hyderabad did go out of control. You know how it is when Salman is in public. Everyone wants a picture with him. The security was absolutely ineffective! We had to cancel the second event in Hyderabad and return to Mumbai."

Sonakshi had to go to Hyderabad unescorted by a family member. Her mother who generally accompanies her had to stay back in Mumbai due to a serious illness in the family.

Sonu Sood puts what the girl went through in a nutshell. "I guess Sonakshi is learning early in her career how dangerous fan attention can be."

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Salman all set to shoot with Akshay-Katrina for TMK
By Joginder Tuteja, September 14, 2010 - 10:33 IST

Farah Khan could well be thanking her stars. She finalised Salman Khan to shoot for her special 'qawalli' in Tees Maar Khan much before Dabangg turned into a phenomenal success. Now as Salman is enjoying all the accolades coming his way, he has a commitment with Farah for this 'qawalli', the shooting of which would be held in a week's time from now.

Though for last few days, there have been number of rumours floating around this 'qawalli' and the stars who would feature in it, the director confirms that not just would this be an extra special sequence in the film, it would also feature Akshay and Salman right through the song's duration with Katrina joining the duo in its second half.

"Actually even before I had finalised Salman for the 'qawalli', media had already made up its mind to have him as the man who would give company to Akshay. To begin with, I and Salman had a good laugh over it but then later both of us thought it won't be a bad idea after all. Salman is a sweet heart; the moment he realised that I was serious, he was game for it. He is a very honest and straight forward man and immediately said ki chal yeh song karte hain, maza aayega. So here we are", says Farah who had earlier roped in Salman for a cameo appearance for the star studded 'Deewangee' track in Om Shanti Om.

Since the entire shooting of Tees Maar Khan has already been wrapped, is this 'qawalli' a late decision in the film? After all right through the shoot of the film, one never heard about any such plans from her or Shirish (Kunder) who has written the film.

"Issme zyaada bolne waali kya baat thi? Jab time aaya shoot karne ka toh we ended up talking about it", smiles Farah, "There was always a place in the film's narrative for this song sequence. It was not an after thought at all. What was not finalised though was the setting of the song. It could have been a club song or anything else."

However, Farah was quick to shoot down the option of including a club song in Tees Maar Khan.

"There have been so many club songs that I myself have choreographed in the past ki main khud bore ho gayi hoon", confesses Farah, "I wanted something different and this is how the 'qawalli' setting was decided. Once I discussed this with Shirish, he too was pretty convinced and this is when we started looking for another actor to give company to Akshay. Trust me; with Salman, Akshay and Katrina, this is going to be a special song for sure."

We are waiting for sure Farah as long as you can bring on yet another 'Deewangee' [Om Shanti Om] or 'Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Haal Kya Karein' [Main Hoon Naa]!

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 am

Salman's total fee = Rs 0
October 1, 2010 05:48:10 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

Believe it or not but it's true. Salman Khan has not charged a single penny for his special song in Farah Khan's upcoming film TEES MAAR KHAN.

According to latest reports, Salman refused to take any money for the song since he is good friends with both Akshay Kumar and Farah Khan.

Farah and Akshay have both been moved by this kind gesture. The fact that Salman is the leading star in the industry at the moment, having set new box-office records with his last film DABANGG, this gesture shows that this Khan is indeed a man with a heart of gold.

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am

Salman's 'timely' gift to Sonu
Aparna Phadke, TNN, Oct 1, 2010, 12.00am IST

It was a moment that Sonu Sood will cherish forever.

At the bash, where the who's who of the film was celebrating Dabangg's success, Sonu was taken unawares by Salman's impromptu, but warm gesture. "Everyone at the party was busy accepting congratulatory wishes and then suddenly Salman appeared before me and congratulated me for doing a good job in the film. I was taken aback by this surprise move," says he.

Giving us a few more details of the small encounter, Sonu says, "After that, Salman took off his Being Human watch and told me that I deserve this and put it on my wrist. This touched me a great deal. I have a weakness for watches and he gave me something that I will really remember for a long time. In fact, so pleasantly shocked I was by the gesture that I didn't know what to do and just took off my designer watch and asked him to wear it! He kept it for a while and then gave it back saying, 'There will be many more opportunities I am sure when you can gift me something.' Saying this he went away. It's a gesture that will be indelible in my memory."

Read more: Salman's 'timely' gift to Sonu - The Times of India [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Salman Khan Upset over Sonakshi's twin brothers
SEPTEMBER 30, 2010 |13:29

Salman Khan Upset over Sonakshi's twin brothers: On Sunday evening, Sonakshi Sinha was seen with one of her twin bothers at the Dabangg party post-midnight. While earlier in the evening her mother Punam Sinha was escorted by her other twin brother. Salman Khan was confused between the identical twins’ double entry in the party and therefore decided to call the twins ‘Luv-Kush’.Says an onlooker, “Salman earlier saw one of the twins walk in with Mrs Sinha (for the record it was Luv Sinha who escorted his mom). Then much later, after midnight, Sonakshi walked in with another twin (Kush Sinha). So Salman played it safe and referred to them separately as ‘Luv-Kush’.

Says a source close to Dabangg, “Whenever Salman sees either of Sonakshi’s brothers he calls him ‘Luv-Kush’ just to be on the safe side. Though both of them are not similar in many ways, Salman always gets confused. So no matter which twin he sees, he calls him by both names.”

From Sunday evening, Salman Khan and his Dabangg gang partied until 7 am on Monday morning. At the Vie lounge in Juhu, Salman and the Dabangg team couldn’t stop dancing to the Munni track with each and every guest. Among the non-Dabangg gang who dropped in there was Aamir Khan, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and David Dhawan.

At around 2 am when the party was over at Vie, Salman invited all to his Bandra house so that they can continue with the party. Says Sonu Sood, “It was basically Salman’s non-film friends and just some of us from the Dabangg team… Sonakshi, me and a few others who accompanied Salman home. We stayed there until around 4 am. After that Salman took us to a builder-friend’s house. We finally wrapped up at 7 am.”In fact, the party started on Sunday afternoon when Ramesh Taurani had thrown a brunch party for his brother-in-laws wedding.

Says Sonu, “I’m not much of a party-goer. And I don’t drink at all. But I must say the Dabangg party and specially the after-party at Salman’s place made me feel very special. Salman has taken me under his wings. He says I should watch my steps and I’ll be doing well for myself in a year. That evening he also presented me a Being Human watch.”

During the party some more plans were made for Dabangg 2. Says Sood, “I suggested my twin brother’s character should be called Safedi Singh with the the line, ‘Safedi ki chamatkar door-door tak phaili hai’. Salman loved it. Our director Abhinav Kashyap has already started writing the sequel.”

Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Salman Khan doesn’t feel Sonakshi is fit for the ramp

Updated on Wednesday, October 06, 2010, 10:45
Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai: Salman Khan can make or break a star and his new muse Sonakshi Sinha is just finding that out. The actress, who recently tripped on the ramp while trying to perfect the catwalk, has been snubbed by Salman for his Being Human pageant on Oct 9.

So while all his leading ladies like Katrina Kaif, Amisha Patel etc will be walking the ramp for the star, Sonakshi has been left aside in the wake of her catwalk blunder.

And even though sources state that Salman doesn’t feel Sonakshi is right for the ramp, the official word doing the round states that Salman is much too protective of the lass. What’s interesting is that the actor has reportedly even asked Sonakshi’s dad Shatrughan Sinha to keep her away from the ramp for a while.

A source close to Sallu said, “Sonakshi was very keen to be part of the pageant. Considering all of Salman’s co-stars are participating she certainly didn’t want to be left out. And she is in no way discouraged by what happened in Bangalore last week. But Salman is slightly superstitious about such things. He suggested Sonakshi stay away from the ramp for a while.”

Confirming that she is not part of Salman’s event, Sonakshi told a daily, “I’ve been supporting Being Human from behind the scenes. I’ll just be a part of the audience. Let me enjoy the show this time.”

Well, Sonakshi is sure paying heavily for her public fall.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short News [C] [Confirmed]   Short News [C] [Confirmed] - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short News [C] [Confirmed]
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next